IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter before claim from solicitor

Hi, I really hope someone could offer some advice. I've received 3 PCNs from September 2016 through the post in January 2017 and I have since appealed to Civil Enforcement Ltd. I then received more letters from ZZPS and when I emailed them, they said the appeal period is over and I'll have to pay up. I used one of the templates from the forum, basically asking for photographic evidence that the car was parked at the time without a 'pay and display' ticket.

Since my own appeal, I have also completed the online forms from Private Parking Appeals Ltd, but have not heard anything back since. I have since received letter before claim from their solicitor and when I emailed the solicitor, they have requested that I confirm my name and address before they are willing to discuss my PCN via email. Should I reply the email and confirm my details?

Comments

• Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What did you say in your initial appeal? Did you tell them who was driving? CEL don't rely on PoFA and always capitulate against a defendant following forum advice such as not admitting who was driving.

You don't need to pay anyone to fight this for you. All the help you need is available on this forum for free, and CEL are easy to beat.

Read the NEWBIES sticky thread (post #2) and use the search function to read other CEL court threads.

You probably will get court papers so best start preparing now
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Who are the solicitors in question?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2017 at 7:38AM
    Plastic18 wrote: »
    Hi, I really hope someone could offer some advice. I've received 3 PCNs from September 2016 through the post in January 2017 and I have since appealed to Civil Enforcement Ltd. I then received more letters from ZZPS and when I emailed them, they said the appeal period is over and I'll have to pay up. I used one of the templates from the forum, basically asking for photographic evidence that the car was parked at the time without a 'pay and display' ticket.

This is yet another case to show you are dealing with scammers

Assume the solicitors are Gladstones ???

THINK .... why would they want you to confirm your details when CEL have already got your details as RK from the DVLA
    WHY ? because these idiots want to grill you as to who was the driver ????
  • Plastic18
    Plastic18 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the replies. I did not say who the driver was. The letter of appeal sent to CEL in January 2017, and I got the template from the Parking Cowboys site. It was formal and looking back, might have been too long and premature in my initial appeal.

The solicitor is Wright Hassall, but the person who sent the letter before claim was the Head of Debt Recovery Operations. And the email asking for my details is the same person as well.

All the letters I received did not have any photo of my vehicle. Although the date on the letters are the same, but the time stamp was different. Example, first letter at 10:00 and the next letter 00:00, hence I have asked them to provide photographic evidence when my car entered and left, and also photographic evidence that pay and display wasn't on the vehicle. They basically ignored all that and kept sending me more letters and the last one was a letter before claim. I should mention that CEL was operating on behalf of a hospital, not sure if this makes a difference.

I have yet to reply to his email, requesting my details. Should I reply with my details to continue the discussion? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I enclose the email below:

[FONT=&quot]We thank you for your recent email. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We take the confidentiality of accounts very seriously and as a result, we ask you to answer the following security questions in full before we are able to correspond with you via email. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]B[/FONT][FONT=&quot]y completing the details below, you consent for us to use this email address for communication, which may contain information that is personal to you. If this is a shared mailbox, is not your personal email or you do not wish to have your details disclosed by email, please notify us and we will use an alternative contact method. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Please could you confirm:-[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Your Full Name (including any middle names)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]First line of your address[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Postcode[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you are the only person who has access to this mailbox[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The security of your information is our priority; it is important that your email account is kept secure and does not become known to someone else. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When communicating by email, please remember that it may be ‘unsecure’. We would urge you to consider the personal information that you include and we will do the same. If at any time, you no longer wish for your personal information to be communicated by email, or you no longer have access to the mailbox provided, please notify us immediately. [/FONT]
  • Plastic18
    Wright Hassall - but letter before claim was sent and signed by Head of Debt Recovery Operations. So was the email asking for my details.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    DRP letter , IGNORE
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Search the forum for 'Tim Hawker' then!

I got the template from the Parking Cowboys site.

I wouldn't have bothered...ancient template, old advice.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Plastic18
    Thanks, CouponMad. I followed your links and got a bit more info. It did help me relax a little bit.

I am still troubled by their 'letter before claim'. I should mention that all the PCNs and letters from ZZPS did not include any photos of the vehicle entered or left the premise nor parked without a pay and display ticket. I have used this as my appeal, but they obviously have ignored everything.

You mentioned I shouldn't have bothered, but I thought the current advice is to respond to their letters?

I am thinking of replying his email saying I want to use email as communication but since I have provided the reference number and PCN number, they would have all my details. And I will not provide any personal info in my email. Would this be acceptable?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    "Please could you confirm:-

• Your Full Name (including any middle names)
    • First line of your address
    • Postcode
    • If you are the only person who has access to this mailbox"

Junk message from a debt collector

Your message has appeared in my junk mailbox

This appears to be a phishing email attempting to obtain
    my personal data which you are not entitled to

Please confirm your authorisation from the ICO to ask me
    for confidential information

>>> JUNK EMAILS ONLY DESERVE JUNK REPLIES
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the current advice is to RESPOND to a REAL SOLICITOR letter , especially an LBC , or one from the PPC themselves

the advice for the last decade or more is to IGNORE debt collector letters, which remains the same advice now

the clue is in knowing who sent it so you know which of the above to do (or not)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure