Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Littlebirdie
    • By Littlebirdie 1st Feb 17, 8:53 PM
    • 189Posts
    • 273Thanks
    Littlebirdie
    Real Life, Dating and Money!
    • 1st Feb 17, 8:53 PM
    Real Life, Dating and Money! 1st Feb 17 at 8:53 PM
    Hello,

So had a thread on here before and well updating it or not it kept me focused. That's what I'm lacking at the minute - focus. I'm in the train of thought that if I overspend here and there, it will all work out. Yeah so turns out it hasn't for the last two months and now I'm in well and truely in my overdraft! I've just spent many years since graduating from Uni to get out of my £4000 overdraft and I do not want to go through that again.

So what are my plans?
    Good question as even I don't have a clue. I'm single, living in the big city and well don't really know what the future holds so let's see the road takes me. What I do know is I'm in my mid 20's and I want to enjoy them. What I dont want is to have to pay for it in my 30's! I wan to enjoy the dating world, create happy memoies with my friends, look good, go on holiday, eat out, eat well, give gifts, save for a house, save for christmas, have emergency savings and also accept that I cant do everything.

I hoping this diary helps me reflect on my spending and create a good a comfortable life.

Lets go....
    To staying out of debt!
Page 6
    • Littlebirdie
    • By Littlebirdie 18th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    Littlebirdie
    Soooo update time.

So recently I just haven't been in the frame of mind to think about money.

And my credit card has now £363 of debt on it

So how did I get there? I can't remember exactly but there was one expensive month so the end of the month I put it on my credit card ~ £80 and then my holiday. So the accomodation ~ £300

So, I've got extra money coming in ~£100 this month and next month ~ £200 and I've also had ~£200 from CA so theoretically I should have enough to pay off.

I'm also going away on Thur so any money left in my account can pay it off.

At the minute I have ~£250 in my account but I know that I owe ~£35 for bills and £20 automatic credit card payment.

I have saved money as this month I'm not topping up my phone so I might put that straight onto my credit card now...infant I'm going to do that!

So hopefully this time next month the credit card total will be much much lower!
    To staying out of debt!
    • Littlebirdie
    • By Littlebirdie 27th Aug 17, 8:09 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    Littlebirdie
    I'm so frustrated! I wrote this by long update and it got deleted
    To staying out of debt!
    • Littlebirdie
    • By Littlebirdie 28th Aug 17, 7:20 AM
    • 189 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    Littlebirdie
    So let's go back to writing it all or again! There is so much to write I'm going to do it in bullet points

*my trip abroad was more expensive than expected
    * I've been really getting into pensions recently - having a nice pension is important to me!
    * I've got a M0nz0 card and I love it! I got it just for going abroad but actually it's really helpful for spending in the UK.
    What I'm going to do is from next month
    * put £500 spending money on it and this is to cover my food shop, socializing, clothes, eating out, work food, coffee shops, travel etc
    * I find it really empowering watching the money go down
    * hopefully (fingers crossed) this shall help me budget a bit more and be more aware of my spending
    * I think writing all my receipts into a spending tracker was great BUT it's lost its effect

That's all for now - I'll let you know how next month goes!
    To staying out of debt!
    • Littlebirdie
    • By Littlebirdie 29th Aug 17, 5:27 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    Littlebirdie
    I'm cross!

A friend was meant to be coming over for dinner and I spent £20 on the food and spent ages preparing it. In going to take the wine back - that's £4.60 back at least. TBF I am glad I made a new meal at least - I've been sticking to the same old things.

So I've actually gone into my overdraft which is annoying! By £4. Next month has to be a better one. Although I wonder if my account balance includes the refund of the shoes? One more day until payday!

Next month has to be a better month!
    To staying out of debt!
    • Littlebirdie
    • By Littlebirdie 30th Aug 17, 2:07 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    Littlebirdie
    Things done today to better my finances:
    - gone through my piggy banking direct debits (I had two set up for my contact lenses! Only £8 but still )
    - realized I haven't been putting in the £70 into my savings account so god knows where that money has gone! Anywho now set up.
    - via T0pC@shback done some free cashback options
    To staying out of debt!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

671Posts Today

6,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin