GB Energy No Longer Trading

Options
lazyjack
lazyjack Posts: 156 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 28 November 2016 at 10:34AM in Energy
https://www.gbenergysupply.co.uk

MSE Note:

Thanks for starting this thread lazyjack. Anyone reading it might also like to read our news story and post on the linked official discussion thread:

GB Energy goes bust

Official MSE News Thread

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • Zaksmummy
    Options
    I have just logged in to input my meter readings :eek::eek::eek:
  • lazyjack
    Options
    Very strange, website seems to be working again now !
  • Zaksmummy
    Options
    lazyjack wrote: »
    Very strange, website seems to be working again now !

This is very strange, gone in again and, like u say, back to normal!!
  • lazyjack
    Options
    Doesn't look good though, wish I'd grabbed a screenshot earlier.
  • newks44
    Options
    Yes it's very strange. Website is working again and I've just submitted my meter readings. It was only when I responded to an E-Mail from them at 7.04am this morning requesting meter readings that I received the announcement from Luke Watson that the company was no longer trading. However that announcement no longer comes up on the screen and I was able then to submit my meter readings. What does the term "Supplier of Last Resort" entail?
  • newks44
    Options
    Correction: The E-Mail from GB Energy was sent to me at 7.04am.
  • System
    Options
    newks44 wrote: »
    Yes it's very strange. Website is working again and I've just submitted my meter readings. It was only when I responded to an E-Mail from them at 7.04am this morning requesting meter readings that I received the announcement from Luke Watson that the company was no longer trading. However that announcement no longer comes up on the screen and I was able then to submit my meter readings. What does the term "Supplier of Last Resort" entail?

See post 2 above. OFGEM will move all GB customers to another supplier.
  • SammenForLivet2
    Options
    I tried to call them this morning to see if there was any update on the IVR, and they then said that the offices are closed (as to be expected), but referred me to: https://hebridesenergy.co.uk, which seems to be another outfit of GB Energy. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Guess I'll have to go back to more expensive staff tariffs or wait for this supplier of last resort to pick up the tab. Interesting, but I guess expected to see it's demise.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • System
    Options
    I tried to call them this morning to see if there was any update on the IVR, and they then said that the offices are closed (as to be expected), but referred me to: https://hebridesenergy.co.uk, which seems to be another outfit of GB Energy. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Guess I'll have to go back to more expensive staff tariffs or wait for this supplier of last resort to pick up the tab. Interesting, but I guess expected to see it's demise.

Hebrides Energy is a community interest company working in partnership with licenced UK Energy Supplier, GB Energy, to give electricity consumers in the Outer Hebrides access to competitively priced electricity. Partners in Hebrides Energy include: Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, Hebridean Housing Partnership, Tighean Innse Gall, The Stornoway Trust and Community Energy Scotland. As a Community Interest Company, we are not-for-profit. Any profits we generate will be reinvested into reducing fuel poverty in the Outer Hebrides.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure