Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Bryen
    • By Bryen 3rd Oct 16, 6:40 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 7Thanks
    POPLA appeal successful, then reviewed & failed
    • 3rd Oct 16, 6:40 PM
    POPLA appeal successful, then reviewed & failed 3rd Oct 16 at 6:40 PM
    I have a appealed a PCN for not displaying a valid parking ticket as I have photographic and witness evidence that a valid ticket was visible on my dashboard.

Last week my appeal was allowed. Result.

Today I get an email from POPLA "some evidence was missed by the assessor" and they will review the appeal. Then I get another email saying the Appeal decision is on the Portal. It isn't but the previous Decision has been removed. I rang to seek clarity and was told I had now lost the Appeal.

This seems unfair as I thought the decision was final and can't get a third opinion. Can the parking operator influence the decision or request a review?

What can I do now? Pay up and put it down to (bad) experience?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 6:05 PM
    • 39,338 Posts
    • 50,950 Thanks
    Its been ten days since POPLA said they were posting out their revised appeal verdict. The web-site has been showing Operator Evidence submission all that time. I will complain if they do reject my Appeal and would like your help on grounds for a successful Appeal.

My thoughts are:

Appeal meant to be final, and I have print out saying appeal allowed.

How did review get initiated?

Have I seen the evidence that was "missing"?

What were grounds to ignore previous assessor statement that he could see a ticket on the NSGL photos.

Why were my photos ignored?

Why was my witness statement ignored?

Any other grounds to Appeal?

If I lose I 'll be quite happy to take my evidence to court.
    Originally posted by Bryen
    All very good points.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,867Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• The MSE weekly email: Energy hike warning, No7 trick, £400 marriage bonus, £3 photo mug, railcard 15%off, 3.1% loan

• Follow Martin