Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 30th Sep 16, 10:00 AM
    • 2,665Posts
    • 3,815Thanks
    Private transfer never arrived
    • 30th Sep 16, 10:00 AM
    Private transfer never arrived 30th Sep 16 at 10:00 AM
    Just after a quick bit of advice please.

Private return transfers booked from airport to hotel in Turkey.

Return journey paperwork said the taxi will arrived at 1905hrs to take is to the airport for a 2245hrs departure. Journey time is 93 minutes from hotel to airport.

Waited outside hotel at 1845hrs. Was a car sat there and he looked at us and said "Willaims?", which wasn't us or anyway close to our name.

15 minutes later the car is still there, and we noticed amongst many signs in the windscreen, one of them said "A2B" - Who our travel was booked with. Went over and showed him the paperwork from A2B, which he looked at and said "No".

Come 1920hrs, still no vehicle has turned up for us, and as the paperwork said to wait 15 minutes, we called one of the numbers in which there was no answer. Called a second number and the person was very abrupt. Said a car had been waiting, no one and turned up and we would have to make our own way to the airport. Tried explaining about the "Willaims" car but to no avail.

Hotel called us a taxi whilst I called the 24hr UK number. VBery helpful lady who said I would have to get a taxi, which turned up whilst on the phone. Was trying to talk to her and sort out the price etc with the driver who spoke no English and I spoke no Turkish.

Got to the airport, but time was now extremely tight. Driver dropped us off outside the entrance in the road. Tried asking for a receipt, even using mime, but to no avail. As traffic was building up, he jumped in the taxi and left.

So £100 for the taxi trip, however due to no receipt, A2B can't help. Lady I spoke to this morning was the same person I spoke to last night and was very helpful and said she remembered be talking to the taxi driver whilst on the phone to her.

Any advice or simply a LBA / Small claims court?
    Last edited by powerful_Rogue; 30-09-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Correct time
Page 3
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 16th Oct 16, 8:56 PM
    • 2,665 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Section 75 if you have a claim against the supplier, you have a "like" claim against the creditor - meaning that yes, they'd be liable for losses incurred due to breach of contract and wouldn't be able to limit their liability to the portion actually paid for the transfers.

Read case 86/05 found here:
    Originally posted by unholyangel
    Your a star! Thank you

Will get in touch with Barclaycard
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 16th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 732 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    Expect a fight, or at least or fair degree of intransigence until they finally accept that they actually DO have some S75 liability.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 16th Oct 16, 9:10 PM
    • 2,665 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Expect a fight, or at least or fair degree of intransigence until they finally accept that they actually DO have some S75 liability.
    Originally posted by DoaM
    Thanks DoaM. Fully expecting a battle, but armed with the link Unholyangel posted I can throw that at them.
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 17th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    • 2,665 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Prior to finding out about the S75 advice above, I sent Sunshine the following email -

Thank you for the reply and attachments.

Looking at the GPS report, am I right in thinking that the car that was supposed to collect us was outside at 1835hrs?

Did the car that apparently collected the Williams arrived at 1755hrs and leave at 1825hrs as per their GPS report?

I have made in perfectly clear in my original complaint and also when I spoke to the emergency number that evening that as soon as we went outside, there was a white vehicle with an A2B sign looking for passengers called Williams. How would I know this if I wasn't waiting outside 20 minutes before our scheduled departure time? This fits in perfectly with the 1835hrs arrival, however the vehicle clearly had the wrong name, so wouldn't take us.

As we seem to not be getting much further, especially with the very short responses from the supplier, can you please advise of the next stage of escalation. If there is no further stage, then I have no other option then to compose and send a "Letter Before Action" before filing a claim with the Small Claims Court so they can decide the matter on the balance of probabilities.

I take note of the blurb in your last response, so can you please advise who I would have to issue proceedings against. I am under the impression that because I booked and paid this would be against yourselves, however what you have stated contradicts that. If that is the case, please can you explain why. If I am correct, please can you supply your head office address for documents to be sent to.

Further to my last email, upon contacting A2B Transfers upon our return, they stated that as one leg of the private transfer had not been used, they was going to refund that half of the payment. However, that payment has not been received and it appears it wouldn't have because I paid

Can you advise whether this has been refunded to yourselves and needs to be passed along, or can you clarify how we are going to receive this refund from A2B.

Please note the complaint is regarding the additional £100 spent to get a taxi due to them not collecting us, and not the refund of half the fee, however surly this would act as some of admission on their part.

Had the following email today which seems a bit more promising. Will see how this pans out before contacting Barclaycard.

Thank you very much for your further correspondence.

We are not satisfied with the supplier response to date, therefore we have requested further information in order to provide a comprehensive response for you.

With regards to the refund, we have requested written confirmation of this and once received we will arrange an immediate refund to you, which will be returned to the card registered to your account.

With regards to taking it further, the next step would be to contact ABTA, however this would only really be suitable once we've exhausted all avenues with the supplier.

Consequently as an ABTA bonded Travel Agent we have an obligation to provide you with their response, or a reply containing an explanation for any delay in responding, no later than 28 days from today. However given the circumstances, I have requested that your case is fast tracked. Please be advised that your case has now been escalated to management and therefore we aim to provide you with the suppliers response, or a reply containing an explanation for any delay in responding, no later than the 21st October 2016. acts as disclosed retail agent for all suppliers at all times.

Thank you once again for your continued patience and I will email you again as soon as possible.

Kind regards
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 18th Oct 16, 12:34 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,842 Thanks
    Sounds promising! Good Luck
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 18th Oct 16, 11:26 AM
    • 3,364 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    Wow, I can't believe they haven't just refunded and taken it up with their supplier.
    I interviewed with a large holiday / flight supplier, and the emphasis was always very much on 'we make sod all as a percentage, so don't screw up or you'll probably lose your job'.

Although they keep saying they're not responsible, you paid them - I'm not sure a court would uphold that they weren't culpable for the mistake.
    I think the evidence supplied so far is pretty damning!
    Drives - MG ZT-T CDTi Auto
    Owns - Nothing, yet! House hopefully in a few years
    Gluten free as of 11/06/14!
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 18th Oct 16, 2:43 PM
    • 2,665 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Had a nice email back from the hotel today.

Hello again,
    We are sorry to inform you that as our privacy policy we do not share any information to the thirth parties.
    Our CCTV records are deleted automatically in 30 days.
    But if you describe yourself for us where exactly you were standing between these hours you mentioned
    and what you were wearing to be detected by which camera(s) you were being recorded that day
    you were supposed to be picked up, we may find and keep the records in case to deliver to law courts
    or relevant authorities if necessary.

Best Regards
    I've sent them an email back describing what we were wearing/carrying, times and places we were - basically from 1845hrs until 1920hrs outside the front of the hotel (Sitting or standing).

Also mentioned the white car that was directly outside the front with the A2B sign, that we approached him and showed him our transfer paperwork. (Luckily he got out of the car to read it better).

Asked if they could confirm the times we were outside the front, confirm we did speak and show the driver the paper and at what time this happened.

Once they get back with this confirmation, I'd like to think its case closed!
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 21st Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 2,665 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Just when I finally thought I was getting somewhere, I got this email today.
    Firstly thank you for your patience with this matter.

Further to your earlier correspondence, please find the supplier's latest update below:

The receipt you have sent is for
    30-09-2016 yet the client travelled 29-09-2016.

The accounts department cannot
    unfortunately accept the receipt.

As stated above, the current taxi receipt is invalid, therefore as your flight departed on the 29/09/16, can you please re-contact the hotel and request a receipt to coincide with your return flight details.

Upon receipt we will forward this onto the supplier.
    Really feels like im bashing my head against the wall sometimes! This was what I originally sent to them along with the receipt.

Link to read bigger text -

Seems like common sense has gone out the window. Now im going to have to contact the hotel again and see if they can get a modified one. Not sure how much further the hotels good will is going to go with assisting me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

2,423Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin