Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pollyanna24
    • By pollyanna24 19th Sep 16, 1:33 PM
    • 3,410Posts
    • 3,950Thanks
    pollyanna24
    "Small" children
    • 19th Sep 16, 1:33 PM
    "Small" children 19th Sep 16 at 1:33 PM
    When do people stop referring to children as small? What I mean is when my ex left me, we had two small children as they were 2 and 0.

They are now 7 and 5 and although life is hard, they have gotten to ages where we can all have fun together (with the odd argument granted) and life is easier (no packing the entire house and pushchairs now for a day out), but am I still considered to have small children? When do they become "big" children?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    House Worth (approx) - 386,000
    Mortgages (5th August 2016) - 190,247.04
    Equity - 195,752.96
Page 2
    • Lunar Eclipse
    • By Lunar Eclipse 22nd Sep 16, 5:26 PM
    • 2,889 Posts
    • 5,434 Thanks
    Lunar Eclipse
    Well, this is interesting because if someone mentioned 'small children' to me, I would assume they were describing children who were physically small in size and not young in age. I've honestly never heard it being used to mean 'young children'.

For me, young children means toddler to about the age of 6 possibly 7. Then they are simply 'children', 'teenagers/adolescents' and then adults or dependent (older) children/offspring.
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 22nd Sep 16, 5:31 PM
    • 4,843 Posts
    • 4,234 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    I'd say;

babies -> toddlers -> children -> teenagers -> adults
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

681Posts Today

5,505Users online

Martin's Twitter