Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• tibawo
    • By tibawo 8th Aug 16, 11:07 PM
    • 881Posts
    • 7,069Thanks
    Ten minutes from home ...
    • 8th Aug 16, 11:07 PM
    Ten minutes from home ... 8th Aug 16 at 11:07 PM
    Why now? What is so special about today?

Well.. the fact that we were sat for two hours waiting for the lovely car break down people to arrive as the wheel nuts were on so tight they wouldn't budge for me to change the flat tyre ten minutes from home on the motorway.

This might be a strange light bulb moment but it really drove home the need for the emergency buffer of money and not just living from one month to the next. I literally have enough money[i think] and it will still last to when my zero hours contract job restarts in September. However, I did.have break down cover which using things on here I had shopped around for and got cash back for so I am slowly changing.

I think that when I finished my IVA everything would be smooth sailing but alas, real life is not predictable and budgeting is a lot harder to master than just putting pen on paper. More so for a zero hours contract but that is a story for another day.

So I am going to bed now to sleep on what direction I want my life to go in. Do I want to come home to letters I'm too frightened to open? A house that is so dirty and messy purely because I've given up on loving life? The extra stones in weight I have accumulated as I comfort eat my depression and failures away? Jobs/tasks half done around the home just because I have no willpower to finish them? The tears I shed as I think about how my mistakes and lifestyle have impacted on my children's? The answer is easy, it is the journey that is hard ...
Page 3
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 17th Oct 16, 8:58 PM
    • 881 Posts
    • 7,069 Thanks
    Just had to share... yesterday my hours for work were enough to cover the normal bills. had a call to say could I work some more, if nothing happens between now and then I will be able to chip away at those debts etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

2,423Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin