Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 8th Aug 16, 11:07 PM
    • 902Posts
    • 7,425Thanks
    tibawo
    Ten minutes from home ...
    • 8th Aug 16, 11:07 PM
    Ten minutes from home ... 8th Aug 16 at 11:07 PM
    Why now? What is so special about today?

Well.. the fact that we were sat for two hours waiting for the lovely car break down people to arrive as the wheel nuts were on so tight they wouldn't budge for me to change the flat tyre ten minutes from home on the motorway.

This might be a strange light bulb moment but it really drove home the need for the emergency buffer of money and not just living from one month to the next. I literally have enough money[i think] and it will still last to when my zero hours contract job restarts in September. However, I did.have break down cover which using things on here I had shopped around for and got cash back for so I am slowly changing.

I think that when I finished my IVA everything would be smooth sailing but alas, real life is not predictable and budgeting is a lot harder to master than just putting pen on paper. More so for a zero hours contract but that is a story for another day.

So I am going to bed now to sleep on what direction I want my life to go in. Do I want to come home to letters I'm too frightened to open? A house that is so dirty and messy purely because I've given up on loving life? The extra stones in weight I have accumulated as I comfort eat my depression and failures away? Jobs/tasks half done around the home just because I have no willpower to finish them? The tears I shed as I think about how my mistakes and lifestyle have impacted on my children's? The answer is easy, it is the journey that is hard ...
Page 3
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 17th Oct 16, 8:58 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    tibawo
    Just had to share... yesterday my hours for work were enough to cover the normal bills. had a call to say could I work some more, if nothing happens between now and then I will be able to chip away at those debts etc.
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 27th Oct 16, 11:09 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    tibawo
    Not been on for a while and have realised I tend to use my diary more of a sounding board and place to rant to get things off my chest.

I am in tears again, I am just so stressed and not sleeping. Yes I am mentally beating myself up again but it's just a lot of little things have knocked me slightly and then problems with the car have just blown everything up out of proportion. There was a 'pat, pat' sound in the car that sounds a bit like a flat tyre but air pressure was fine. I set off for work today as if i don't work I don't get paid and if i don't get paid then I can't take it in to fix. However in the back of my mind is that driving with it may make it worse so after tears welling up I decided to take it to my local tyre place. I had literally £60. He actually asked me if i was ok as he could tell i was not my normal self. The back wheels were unbalanced and he changed one so that I could drive with peace of mind but i will need to get the two more new tyres. He reassures me that they should be ok till pay day though.

It is alright reading that it is important to have an emergency fund but i just can't seem to break free of the of living one pay day till the next. I think the light hearted side of me keeps me going as i don't even have enough money to go AWOL!

As i therefore have an expected day off I am going to tackle a few jobs in the hope i find a more happy place.
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 27th Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 3,931 Posts
    • 11,550 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Big hugs to you, you are having a tough time of it. xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    BC: £8850.00 Overdraft: £2750.00

15 NSD - 8/15, 10 LSD - 3/10, 15 AFD - 1/15, Lunches to work 9/20

20p Savers 2016 £2 Savers 2016 50p Savers 2016 SPC 9 2016 #003
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 29th Oct 16, 9:18 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    tibawo
    have to post something positive for a change... must admit i have many acquaintances but very few friends. I cherish mine especially today when one came round and helped decorate dd2 room. Stuff was bought ages ago just a matter of doing.
    • louby40
    • By louby40 30th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 1,302 Thanks
    louby40
    Car problems are the worst. But you're friend is a true friend to come and help you decorate!

Keep strong
    Dec 16 Barclaycard £73 0% First Direct £1179 0% Parents £2125=£3377
    Nov 16 Barclaycard £73 0% First Direct £1179 0% Parents £2425= £3677
    Sealed Pot Challenge 10 #572
    Car loan £5024 Mortgage £99,720
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 31st Oct 16, 9:41 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    tibawo
    Thank you all. going to give it till lunch to see if been paid as it is direct transfer otherwise I am going to have to ask as i am getting stresses. Don't get me wrong boss is lovely but i feel i am incompetent keep asking.
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 12th Nov 16, 8:57 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    tibawo
    After a missing invoice not being paid again from mid October I am short again for my bills. I conveniently made sure i bumped into the boss today as I don't think this is on. It would seem that the new admin person says she is not getting them and putting the blame on us. Apparently, it is not just me. As there was internet I showed the boss when they were originally sent and also the fact that admin this week sent a message for invoices in October as it might be faster than her trawling through emails. The boss had no idea about this especially as she has being paying admin for a job they are not doing right. She has asked me to BCC her with invoices so she can monitor and for me to call her if monies not in on the day they should be. Hopefully this will sort 'going forward' out but still leaves me short till old invoices paid.

Linked to this is that as much as my girls understand that we are not flush with cash, her friends have 2 and/or four parent families all working. She had been invited to a sleepover party and in the car on the way home from school announced she needed to take £20 to it as they were going ice skating. You can imagine my reaction. For some people this might be easy to part with and with more than two hours notice I might have been ok with it. I am doing my best and it is alright saying you should have an emergency account but I have had to use money as fast as it comes in. So this is a shout out to other parents... please, please give the kids as much notice as possible as you don't know someone else's financial situation and there are a lot of us at the moment are living one payday to the next.
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 12th Nov 16, 12:07 PM
    • 4,063 Posts
    • 22,747 Thanks
    in need of direction
    Hi, stumbled across your diary and have read from the start as I remembered your lovely little pig and your helpful comments. You're doing well. Just top beating yourself up for not doing better. Take care.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £86,391.14 yr1 target met 11.57% cleared
    Current target pay £26,805.30 by 31.12.2016. more than £14660.82 54.69% paid to date

Emergency fund £3.8k & £200 cash. Mortgage offset fund £6237.54.
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 14th Nov 16, 12:18 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    tibawo
    Hi, stumbled across your diary and have read from the start as I remembered your lovely little pig and your helpful comments. You're doing well. Just top beating yourself up for not doing better. Take care.
    Originally posted by in need of direction
    I actually think this 'beating myself up' is a personality trait I have developed as I rarely congratulate the positives and look at what went wrong and where I could better. Even as a young child in exams I would do the same. If anyone has been in a similar situation and is happy to share, please do.
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 14th Nov 16, 8:41 PM
    • 4,063 Posts
    • 22,747 Thanks
    in need of direction
    How do you think I recognise the trait?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £86,391.14 yr1 target met 11.57% cleared
    Current target pay £26,805.30 by 31.12.2016. more than £14660.82 54.69% paid to date

Emergency fund £3.8k & £200 cash. Mortgage offset fund £6237.54.
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,168Posts Today

5,570Users online

Martin's Twitter