louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no, when will you get paid?
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for checking in louby40. I always wonder whether people are thinking of me and my ramblings or just thinking 'whatever' and click on something else!

I got half of the pay today which has really lifted a chain from my neck. I have even treated myself to a few tins for later so i can jus chill.

This morning as i had literally just sat down sorting bits of bills when there was a knock at the door. It was one of the meter plus guys. I did tell him I was not happy with npower as i have emailed them but told him i was just in midst of sorting this. I think he didn't believe me until he saw the bank card and the payment page of npower open! He was actually a nice guy but think he if i couldn't pay anything then it might have been different. He asked me why i never rang and i said because they take ages to answer and since even he was on hold for 20 mins plus I think he got my point! When he asked how much i was about to pay i told him 200 and i explained what had happened and my zero contract. Payment plan now in place and even he said it was nice to not have to have a defensive customer and knew why i was complaining i.e. about service not about owing money!

determined to keep this positiveness flowing today.
    Go get it!
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Glad to hear the npower guy helped u out its a rarity to hear about positive customer service these days xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • tibawo
    Options
    I can't wait to be paid this week as for once it shouldn't be a week of 'too much months left at the end of my money!'

My hours have gone down at work which i was expecting but still remain above 10 which is enough for me to make ends meet and now i have caught up with things I can start focusing. My dilemma is that in theory i can meet the payment in my plan and at the moment interest is frozen. So instead of throwing everything at the debt I don't know whether to start putting money onto gift cards for supermarkets ready for weeks when i have no work etc in the holidays.I get a % discount if i buy through my union. I am thinking if I start now I won't have the big panic i get in summer and if need be could fall back on them in an emergency. Whether i keep up with it is another matter!

My fridge and freezer are nearly empty... this is actually on purpose as the trays etc need cleaning but finding three jars of opened red cabbage seemed a bit odd!

Off to put away the surplus stuff from a craft fair yesterday and to get on with the chores!
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Kicking myself a bit today as I'd forgotten about a few things that were due early October that I've not paid. Back in July I paid as much as I could up to October thinking I'd be working again , which i am but as I had not had to pay them till now forgot to budget for them.

I am hoping that I now get paid via online banking as waiting for a cheque to clear will set me off into anxiety and serious panic mode again and I was just starting to relax about it all.

I am feeling that i am just going round in circles at the moment. Really need to get my head in the game.
    Go get it!
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Everyone goes through those emotions whilst on their debt free journey but you do get through it xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • tibawo
    Options
    next batch of pay went in today so paid rent and will pay some bits after I have done the school run. I had a weird experience with my online banking today, it asked me for the last three digits of passcode, then kicked me out and when i logged in again it asked me for the first three. none of them in a set order e.g.2 3 1. now i don't know if i am being paranoid, not that there is more than a few pounds there but weird all the same.

after today, on paper, i have 3 more bits of £390 to pay before the end of the month. work still owes me circa £700 so hoping more of a rhythm can start. i feel i am in a position today to get the budget sorted to pay the debts and to post them on here.

also seen a couple of regular rather than zero hours jobs online so will have a proper look t them today.

got my list ready of things to do today... it looks horrendous but as i have done 4 things already it is do 'able!'
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    A week later and real life has got in the way so much, i feel like i have literally just got up, been to work, meeting/kids activity and then bed. On a good note it meant I spent little and was able to not to get too worked up about pending bills.

Even better was that i woke up this morning to find i am now back to a week in hand which is a weight off my shoulders. On the down side though my naughty self thinks 'oooh, money, what shall i buy?'

I did go into Sainsbury's and bought things for the store cupboard. I wanted to spend about £10 to get one of the bonus points things. Got my tins from the basics range etc, i do actually shop around as sainsburys can be expensive and i won 2000 points which i was really pleased with as i thought i'd get the 200. I try to hang on to these and use them when a nectar special offer comes along.

i di have a brief look at my budget and think where i go wrong is that i throw everything at paying things off that i don't put money on one side for things like haircuts , clothes etc. On my new one i am literally going to factor things everything in included birthdays etc and then adjust from that.

Wish me luck!
    Go get it!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Many good luck vibes winging your way:D

Hang on in there, it will get better. I too am rubbish at budgeting, and worse still my memory is not great, so sometimes I forget that I have paid/need to pay something and then think that I have more money than I actually have:o

I read of lots of people whose budgeting skills have been turned around by YNAB, but because of illness my concentration skills are not great ATM, so I don't really think it is for me:eek:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • tibawo
    Options
    Just had to share... yesterday my hours for work were enough to cover the normal bills. had a call to say could I work some more, if nothing happens between now and then I will be able to chip away at those debts etc.
    Go get it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport