Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds

Options

Comments

• typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Futuristic wrote: »
    I have 2 internet savers, I assume this will work fine (it has worked fine for Halifax Reward and others)? Or should I open the instant access

How did you manage to get 2 internet savers, I presume one is joint. If you see my previous post I by mistake arranged for 3 direct debits to go out of each savings account to 3 bank of Scotland current accounts and they are all set up ready for payment.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    By my account details I have two internet savers, though one is actually an instant access saver, they show differing interest rates and one is actually kit an Internet saver even though it says it is.
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Received my paperwork today from Tesco for the direct debits into Bank of Scotland and there are only six letters. So until 1st June I will not know whether the third direct debit on each account will actually withdraw money.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    Received my paperwork today from Tesco for the direct debits into Bank of Scotland and there are only six letters. So until 1st June I will not know whether the third direct debit on each account will actually withdraw money.

You should only need six direct debit for three accounts.

Your direct debits should be coming from BOS to Tesco not Tesco to BOS.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 May 2016 at 3:17PM
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    You should only need six direct debit for three accounts.

Your direct debits should be coming from BOS to Tesco not Tesco to BOS.

If you look at their previous post #120 I think the concern is they thought they had set up 9 DDs in error. In that post they also seem to have got the payee/payer correct.

They do seem a bit confused, as for me I have still have not been able to get past first base!
    I have spoken to Tesco and apparently letters asking for information to confirm my identity have not been sent out, she could not see any reason why and said she would send out new letters.

I am certainly having to work hard to retain the £255 BOS interest.

• derrick
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    If you look at their previous post #120 I think the concern is they thought they had set up 9 DDs in error.

This seems to be getting very confusing, as for me I have still not been able to get past first base!
    I have spoken to Tesco and apparently letters asking for information to confirm my identity have not been sent out, she could see any reason why.

Didn't see that it's on the previous page.

Set up my 6 DD's on the 16th received 6 Tesco letters on the 17th, 2DD's showing in each of the three Boss accounts on the 19th.

• derrick
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    I am certainly having to work hard to retain the £255 BOS interest.

Why only £255?

3 x BOS ACC's, total £15000 @ 3% = £450.

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    OOPS when I checked my bank of Scotland current accounts today I found I have 3 direct debits going out to Tesco from each of my three current accounts. So clicking yes to the message must have meant I set up direct debits from my other Tesco savings account. Then I went into the other savings account and set up direct debits to my three bank of Scotland current accounts making nine in total.

The strange thing is that only 3 direct debits are showing against each saver account. Will found out more on the 1st June when they go out.

I’m not convinced that you have done anything wrong. The same has happened to me this time around and also in the past. I have also had the same when switching current accounts, whereby the two DD’s have been switched but have magically turned into three on the new account. One of them will sit there idle when the DD’s are pulled.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    How did you manage to get 2 internet savers, I presume one is joint. If you see my previous post I by mistake arranged for 3 direct debits to go out of each savings account to 3 bank of Scotland current accounts and they are all set up ready for payment.

At the time I signed up to Tesco Bank, there was "no limit" on to the number of accounts for the instant saving accounts (either instant or internet). I am not sure if that's changed now but I definitely have 2 internet savers (non joint).

Since the 2 IS DDs work with Halifax I assume it should be ok for BOS as well but only time will tell I guess.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Why only £255?

3 x BOS ACC's, total £15000 @ 3% = £450.

As previously mentioned in post# 113, difference between BOS @3% on £15K and 1.3 % from easy access account.

If Tesco don't improve I might just settle for the smaller amount.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure