IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 PCN - urgent (sorry)

Options
Joe12345
Joe12345 Posts: 11 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 18 March 2016 at 7:48PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all,

Wondering if I could get some advice on this as I am a little worried that I've made a mistake in the process of rejecting the fine - so to speak.

I received 3 G24 parking fines in late November (issue date: 20th Nov) for the dates 9th, 11th and 13th of November (I received the letters around November 25th). The car park I was using is one that is used by the company I work at during the week and has signs to say so, though I entered and exited through an entrance to the car park that is for public use (as it is closer to me than having to take the other entrance). So, G24 sent me these PCN's with the pictures of me entering and exiting the premises at about 8:30/9:00 - 17:30/18:00.

Now, these letters were sent to my old address that at the time I believe the car was registered to in some form. At the time of receiving these forms I was in the process of changing this address to my new address, near where I work. Anyway, so my family who lived in the original address sent me these PCN's of which I appealed on 30th November via the G24 online appeal. I'd discussed with my colleagues as to what they had done if any had received similar letters and they sent me the below saying they had used it earlier that year and that they had since heard nothing from G24. I was sceptical, so decided to google the issue and found this website and forum and did some research and found the appeal that my colleague had sent me, it was:

Dear G24,
This is an appeal against the charge issued to the vehicle with the registration XXXXXX, charge reference XXXX.

It is the registered keepers assertion that :

1. The charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
2. The signage does not conform to the BPA CoP to which G24 has committed.
3. G24 has no authority to issue charges over the land in question.

As such the charge is rejected. You should now either cancel said charge or provide a POPLA code for the registered keeper to appeal to the independent adjudicator.

Any further correspondence other than confirmation of cancellation or a POPLA code will be considered harassment and could result in legal action being taken against you.

Yours,

Print name ( don't sign ).

So, I'd sent this appeal for all three of my PCN's on Nov 30th and didn't hear anything back from them until I realised I'd made an utterly unforgivable mistake in that I put on the appeal my old email address and completely forgot to check it until after receiving 3 Final Notices.

G24 issued 3 Final Notice's regarding the original PCN's (issued Feb 10th, received around Feb 16th) to my old address, of which I was only sent Mar 17th. This date is after the possible pay date and after the IAS appeal date. Please can I get advice on what to do as I am worried I have shot myself in the foot and will have to pay the increased fee of £130 each (£390...)

Regards,
Joe

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    G24 are ex-clampers and you should IGNORE anything from them or debt collectors EXCEPT an LBC or an MCOL

G24 have 6 years to try a court claim, you owe nothing unless a judge says you do

read the NEWBIES sticky thread about G24 , IPC members and the IAS , all a sham and a sc@m

there is nothing you can do, not unless you can get the landowner to cancel the invoices (which is what these charges are, invoices , not "fines")
  • Joe12345
    Options
    Thank you for the quick reply, if I do, how will I receive an LBC or MCOL from them, (ie. email or post, etc.)?

Yes, I've read the entire NEWBIES sticky thread by coupon mad, but didn't see anything about final notices so hence I asked. Even though I have passed the deadline for IAS, I didn't have any intention of using them after what I had read anyway, but thanks for the reminder.

Regardless, there's nothing I can do until Monday so any other feedback or recommendations as to what to do from anyone would be hugely appreciated.

Again, thank you for the hasty and de-stressing reply!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    LBC (Letter Before Court Action) would come from them in the post

MCOL (Money Claim On Line) would initially come from Court in the post
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not that it makes any difference now, but you have mixed up BPA and IPC members in your appeal. BPA do PoPLA, IPC do kangaroo court. G24 are IPC members so BPA CoP and PoPLA were irrelevant.

As above, you appealed and are now in ignore mode unless you get real court papers.
    This is actually the advice in the Sticky thread for NEWBIES so it's not as bad as you first thought.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 March 2016 at 12:38AM
    Options
    Joe12345 wrote: »
    Yes, I've read the entire NEWBIES sticky thread by coupon mad, but didn't see anything about final notices so hence I asked.
    That's because a Final Notice is nothing at all, just part of a letter chain some of them use. They could call it a 'final, yes final, we really mean it, this is your last chance saloon notice' or whatever they want really, they just want to intimidate victims into paying up.

Doesn't mean anything. :)

You've done nothing wrong. We do only suggest first appeal then no second appeal to an IPC firm. Yes you will get letters; they like to write and bother people with demands. It's no biggie. You are now in ignore mode and if we'd got those PCNs we would be in the same position as you are now; you've played it as we would have.

G24 are not litigious but if that changes come back because it would be defendable based on what you've said about being authorised to use the car park and just went in via a quicker entrance!

Any scope for a landowner complaint here? Always encouraged. Can your company rattle their cage if your company is within the site?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Joe12345
    edited 24 May 2016 at 8:45PM
    Options
    Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Further on the company car parking front, whilst I do work for the company, I'm only there for a year so don't have an official parking permit for the company part of the car park, I'm assuming this may affect my case? Does this change anything?

If I receive any other correspondence I will put it on here as soon as I am able to.

I could ask, but due to the lack of permit (though I am on the waiting list), I'm not sure what there take on the situation would be. I will try to ask first thing Monday.

Bit nervous as I feel my cases strength slipping out of my hands.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I'm only there for a year so don't have an official parking permit for the company part of the car park, I'm assuming this may affect my case? Does this change anything?

Not really because there is no 'case'. You can still ask your employers if they would assist by asking the landowner to cancel a PCN for you and see what they say. If not, then you are just in ignore mode like everyone else with a silly G24 'PCN'. We've laughed at these for years.

If I receive any other correspondence I will put it on here as soon as I am able to.

But please NOT if it's debt collector letters, we don't want an update or pics:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

Bit nervous as I feel my cases strength slipping out of my hands.
    I would understand that if this was ParkingEye but it's ONLY little old G24! Just goes to debt collector letter chains:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203549442-G24-Ltd

HTH
  • Joe12345
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply. I'll see what my company can do and will update the thread.

I won't post anything on here form wise unless it is a LBC or MCOL.

Okay, if G24 are a bit milder on this kind of thing that's good, though out of curiosity, if they are litigious about this, what is the maximum amount I would be liable for? Originally it was 3 x £42 at the discounted rate, then it was 3 x £70 standard, now it is 3 x £130, though I feel it is unfair in regards to the final +£60 as they sent it to the cars old address.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 20 March 2016 at 3:57PM
    Options
    People who lose at small claims re a private PCN from a random firm (non-PE) typically pay about £175 if they lose.

So your £130 x 3 would become just a bit more at about £175 x 3 and that's if you lost at a hearing. No CCJ, no effect on credit rating if you then paid when a Judge told you to. Not a huge risk at all. Small claims is not the place for high legal fees added.

Seeing as G24 are not experienced in all this, it's vanishingly unlikely and if you did get a LBC or claim form, we can help with robust responses and a defence. We think you will get the silly letter chain; loads of Google images and forum posts already exist to show you those letters.
  • Joe12345
    Options
    Hi all,

Just a quick update in that I have received another set of DRP letters (don't worry not about to post them). Company didn't respond about help or cancelling charges as the landlord recently complained to the company that many others were doing the same thing as me.

These DRP letters are titled 'Notice of intended court action' and detail that they're going to recommend the creditor to commence court proceedings (though I assume you know all this).

I'm currently receiving these letters through another family member where the car used to be registered so am in turn receiving most of these letters past their deadline date. Cars registration address was changed long ago, just after the PCN's were sent. Car is now no longer mine and has not been for months. Just wondered if any of these facts changed anything.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport