IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court letter from a UKPC fine

Options
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong place etc.

Long story short. UKPC has issued me 4/5 fines over the past year which I have taken advice in not to pay them and ignore the letters...Which now I've realised is old advice and I should of appealed as I most likely would of been successful. Today I have had County Court issuing me a substantial amount to pay.

I just need expert advice on this and cut to the point. Can I fight this and win or am I doomed and have to pay...which i really don't want to do I'm a student and I will really suffer if I have to pay this amount right now.

If I can win, can someone please help me and direct me in what I need to do in the simplest form. I have read in places you can win or some say no you can't but its all complicated.

I'm worried now and annoyed at myself for not doing my research earlier otherwise this would be avoided.

Please help

Ant

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anthony94 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong place etc.

Long story short. UKPC has issued me 4/5 fines over the past year which I have taken advice in not to pay them and ignore the letters...Which now I've realised is old advice and I should of appealed as I most likely would of been successful. Today I have had County Court issuing me a substantial amount to pay.

I just need expert advice on this and cut to the point. Can I fight this and win or am I doomed and have to pay...which i really don't want to do I'm a student and I will really suffer if I have to pay this amount right now.

If I can win, can someone please help me and direct me in what I need to do in the simplest form. I have read in places you can win or some say no you can't but its all complicated.

I'm worried now and annoyed at myself for not doing my research earlier otherwise this would be avoided.

Please help

Ant

Another one today about the UKPC fraudsters.
    Please see
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5407735

First read the newbies section and someone will along TO this thread to give assistance

UKPC ARE A FRAUDULENT COMPANY AND GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO INTERVENE TO CLOSE THEM DOWN
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    court help is two thirds of the way down in the NEWBIES sticky thread, in post #1

plus check that similar thread as they are in the same boat
  • Anthony94
    Options
    His thread doesn't give me the direct answer I'am seeking
  • Redx
    edited 12 February 2016 at 2:27PM
    Options
    post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread DOES give details and links for skeleton defences and pranksters court book though

given its all free advice, its the best you will find on the net and I doubt you could pay for better advice unless you laid out hundreds or thousands of pounds , like to the people that tried to help Barry Beavis

not calling them "fines" is the first bit of good advice you will get

they are not "fines" , they are invoices, totally different and in legal terms you need to fight these charges using the correct legal wordings , it may be pedantic, but its true
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2016 at 1:10AM
    Options
    Maybe not but the other one today is the same and we've already replied there just hours ago. We can't repeat the same thing ad infinitum more than once a day and the other thread is also about UKPC so EXACTLY the same as you, that advice is for you too and anyone else in the same position.

Forums work best for newbies if those seeking help read around the forum first rather than hope everything is going to land on their single thread alone. We would if we could but we can't and you might miss something if you don't read other relevant threads. Just read other court threads from the first few pages of the forum first then come back and we'll talk defences.

And read the NEWBIES thread - the section in post #1 of that sticky thread, about small claims which has links there to assist you too.

BTW that other thread absolutely DOES give you the answers you need, as does the NEWBIES thread and the links given in advice to that other poster. I'm recalling that I even gave him the BMPA link about the court process which gives you loads of info.

Finally, does this help (below) if you mean we haven't answered your most basic question in simple terms (which in fact becomes obvious when you research the forum more and read the examples and links we are pointing you and the other guy to):
    Can I fight this and win
    YES
    or am I doomed and have to pay
    NO.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    edited 7 February 2016 at 1:17AM
    Options

in that case maybe you are asking the wrong questions

nobody can tell you if you will win or not, a day in court will tell you that, even Beavis thought he would win , he didnt win !!

if you back the favourite in the grand national you may have a good chance of winning, just as leicester city have a good chance of winning the premiership, but you wont get any guarantees ! no chance , its a lottery and you may lose like Newcastle did when MAN UTD won the title after overhauling them :)

can you fight this ? - yes

if you do the research do you have a chance of winning ? - yes

can you win the case ? - unknown, but a lot will depend on how much research and time YOU put into it , same as your college work

its free advice, free or cheap booklets, free links, free research, free replies, free help, free being the operative word , we wont do it for you though

had you put more effort in before , it would have been a lot easier, so now its twice as hard and you need to become an expert in this field at short notice , but its better to learn and win and save the money in the long run, if you put some effort into it, and that starts with reading similar threads and the prankster book and the links provided already, plus keeping up with the other member who has similar problems

you seem to want a harry potter wave of a wand and its over with, but it does not work that way
  • Anthony94
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    i
    can you fight this ? - yes

if you do the research do you have a chance of winning ? - yes

can you win the case ? - unknown, but a lot will depend on how much research and time YOU put into it , same as your college work

its free advice, free or cheap booklets, free links, free research, free replies, free help, free being the operative word , we wont do it for you though

had you put more effort in before , it would have been a lot easier, so now its twice as hard and you need to become an expert in this field at short notice , but its better to learn and win and save the money in the long run, if you put some effort into it, and that starts with reading similar threads and the prankster book and the links provided already, plus keeping up with the other member who has similar problems

you seem to want a harry potter wave of a wand and its over with, but it does not work that way

Thank you i'll be working on a case. If I get stuck which I will I will be back here definetly but thanks lol
  • Anthony94
    Options
    Hi guys, I read up on a few things etc. Just want to know if I'm on the right path....Do I send off the Part 18 statement off first to County Court?
  • Anthony94
    Options
    Also I'm stuck on making my First Defence. Not sure what defence could be I just don't want to pay this massive 'invoice'. Could someone help me if they have made a first defence please. What did they put in theres.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's why you read other threads with defences on and the links in the NEWBIES thread which show you at least one example I think.

You can find others by searching this forum for 'defence court'. Look only at recent ones.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure