IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Asda Car Park & Smart Parking

Options
Hello everyone,

Today I received a PCN notice from a company called Smart Parking ltd. It relates to the 16th Jan when I visited the Asda store in High Wycombe (I spent over £200 in store!) In the letter I was told that I had over stayed the max 3 hour limit ( bearing in mind I can't remember seeing any notices about this when I parked?). It's annoying to receive one of these letters at any time but let alone after doing a shop which cost over £200.

I've done a few searches and noticed that a lot of people are saying to ignore and/or appeal the fine as it is in fact just an invoice and not actually a ticket. The reason I'm questioning this again is because a lot of these threads are from a couple of years ago and I wondered if ignoring them is still the way to go? If I do appeal or need to take this further does any one have any advice on how I do this?

Thank you.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    shame you missed the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of this forum which tells you what to do as regards BPA members like not so smart

IGNORE has not been correct for 3 years, not since POFA2012 came into force in 2012

these people that say IGNORE pcn,s are fools (morons)

you should also be complaining to ASDA and getting it cancelled asap, if necessary complain to the CEO at head office, but also appeal as keeper too (not driver)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Search this forum for ASDA & SMART
    2. Read the NEWBIES sticky thread at top of forum
    3.Make sure you go into ASDA and speak to the manager with proof of purchases. Not Customer Services - the Manager!

Someone will come along and give you the ASDA contact to write to at Head Office if you don't find it as a result of (1) above.
  • Redx
    Options
    andy clarke info in here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5397431

show redacted receipts or bank statements too, show proof of patronage and complain about any time limits you did not know about
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 January 2016 at 9:30PM
    Options
    Mr_CDB wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Today I received a PCN notice from a company called Smart Parking ltd. It relates to the 16th Jan when I visited the Asda store in High Wycombe (I spent over £200 in store!) In the letter I was told that I had over stayed the max 3 hour limit ( bearing in mind I can't remember seeing any notices about this when I parked?). It's annoying to receive one of these letters at any time but let alone after doing a shop which cost over £200.

I've done a few searches and noticed that a lot of people are saying to ignore and/or appeal the fine as it is in fact just an invoice and not actually a ticket. The reason I'm questioning this again is because a lot of these threads are from a couple of years ago and I wondered if ignoring them is still the way to go? If I do appeal or need to take this further does any one have any advice on how I do this?

Thank you.

YES, give the CEO a pasting, spending £200 and being hounded by these cowboys, Andy Clarke needs a lesson in profits.
    No profits because of the parking company, no more Andy Clarke

ASDA UK
    Mr Andy Clarke Chief Executive
    Email andy.clarke@asda.co.uk

Asda is owned by Walmart
    No harm in the telling the CEO in the USA WHY you and your friends will not shop in Asda UK

Walmart
    Mr Doug McMillon CEO
    Email doug.mcmillon@wal-mart.com

Get the ball rolling to get the cowboy scammers in the UK degraded to filthy vermin
  • Redx
    Options
    and please sign this online petition to try to get changes made

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5395333

and get family and friends to do the same
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    1. Search this forum for ASDA & SMART
    2. Read the NEWBIES sticky thread at top of forum
    3.Make sure you go into ASDA and speak to the manager with proof of purchases. Not Customer Services - the Manager!

Someone will come along and give you the ASDA contact to write to at Head Office if you don't find it as a result of (1) above.

in addition to the above:
    4: Be firm, but be polite and dont take the nothing to do with us, its the council line, if they do state that ask why they are lying to you.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Mr_CDB
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies. Apologies for not reading the newbies thread. I guess I was just to anxious to get my case across on here!

I have just sent a complaint email to Andy Clarke and also a complaint directly to the store via their online form. Do I now need to wait before I appeal to Smart Parking or do I do that straight away? Also any tips on how to word it and what to say?
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just Asdas way of reminding you to keep shopping with them...
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Redx
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies. Apologies for not reading the newbies thread. I guess I was just to anxious to get my case across on here!

I have just sent a complaint email to Andy Clarke and also a complaint directly to the store via their online form. Do I now need to wait before I appeal to Smart Parking or do I do that straight away? Also any tips on how to word it and what to say?

you need to ensure you appeal to Smart before day 28 after the NTK arrived, so by day 25 , especially if its not cancelled by ASDA

the NEWBIES sticky thread gives you the exact appeal wording, so read it again , post #1

and please sign that petition and spread the word about it too
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do I now need to wait before I appeal to Smart Parking or do I do that straight away? Also any tips on how to word it and what to say?
    Thought you'd found the NEWBIES thread?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure