IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Asda Car Park & Smart Parking

Options

Comments

• Mr_CDB
    Options
    Thanks for your help RedX and others.

Just a shame coupon mad felt the need to reply with some nonsense
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your post was nonsense. You were directed to the sticky thread with the template appeal. Yet we still get 'so any tips on how to word it?'
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mr_CDB wrote: »
    Thanks for your help RedX and others.

Just a shame coupon mad felt the need to reply with some nonsense

Mr-CDB, coupon-mad like the others know what they are doing, they are on your side, if you want them to be.
    The reason new people are directed to the Newbies thread is that the majority of answers to questions will be found there. Trouble is that many think they know better, go it their own way and LOSE.

My advice about going to the CEO is how I handle things, and if it works, then of course there is no point in reading the newbies thread, if it fails this forum has all the power you need.

In particuar, Smart parking, who are not so smart can be beaten

Coupon-mad can be a little abrupt at times, no wonder when she is giving up a lot of her free time to motorists and not paid to do so

So, make friends with her please
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    +1

And do go after Asda aka Walmart. This is a particularly sensitive time for them as they have announced the closure of 269 stores worldwide. They are really feeling the pinch and if they bleed customers who spend £200 a throw then they deserve to go to the wall.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Mr_CDB
    Options
    Hi all,

Apologies to coupon-mad. It did feel like you were jumping on my back when all I was asking for was a bit more advice.

Thank you all for your help. I emailed Asda CEO as mentioned and got a reply back pretty quickly. They asked for receipt proof that I was shopping there on the day and then they will help me out.

Getting there slowly!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry as well!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, ..... did you sign that petition that Redx pointed out ?

we are trying for a last push to hit the 10,000 mark .....

keep up the good work .... it can be a step learning curve

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • beamerguy
    edited 28 January 2016 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Hi all,

Apologies to coupon-mad. It did feel like you were jumping on my back when all I was asking for was a bit more advice.

Thank you all for your help. I emailed Asda CEO as mentioned and got a reply back pretty quickly. They asked for receipt proof that I was shopping there on the day and then they will help me out.

Getting there slowly!

Nice one :beer:, welcome to this forum

This is proof beyond doubt that you will win, they cannot ignore us as we are far bigger in volume than the parking scammers
  • Figgerty
    Figgerty Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Today I received a PCN notice from a company called Smart Parking ltd. It relates to the 16th Jan when I visited the Asda store in High Wycombe (I spent over £200 in store!) In the letter I was told that I had over stayed the max 3 hour limit ( bearing in mind I can't remember seeing any notices about this when I parked?). It's annoying to receive one of these letters at any time but let alone after doing a shop which cost over £200.

I've done a few searches and noticed that a lot of people are saying to ignore and/or appeal the fine as it is in fact just an invoice and not actually a ticket. The reason I'm questioning this again is because a lot of these threads are from a couple of years ago and I wondered if ignoring them is still the way to go? If I do appeal or need to take this further does any one have any advice on how I do this?

Thank you.

I received a ticket in a Sainsbury car park. I did overstay the time by almost an hour. I was with my disabled sister and she visited their loo several times due to digestive/stomach problems. I had already paid as I had stayed over the time limit and I did not want to have to pay the higher amount after 14 days. I had not noticed the signs either and as we had a combined spend of over £220 I asked to see the manager next time I was in the store and explained the problem. He took the letter from me and said he would have it cancelled and my money refunded. After leaving the store I could see many of the parking signs. Often, if you are not expecting or looking for something you fail to see it. I gathered from the staff that most get their money refunded if they have a receipt that explains the length of time spent there.
    Some Burke bloke quote: all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to say nothing. :silenced:
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    Hi, ..... did you sign that petition that Redx pointed out ?

we are trying for a last push to hit the 10,000 mark .....

keep up the good work .... it can be a step learning curve

good luck

Ralph:cool:

Only 1152 to go ..... looks like The Deep will owe me that pound we had a bet on. If he does not pay, it's straight to Miah so they can add a further £100 on top :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure