IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

GEMINI Parking Solutions

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    One of the easiest to beat, honestly.

A joke of a company who could not argue their way out of a paper bag let alone win at POPLA against a strong appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luke123456
    Options
    Thanks, thats very reassuring....

I will draft an appeal to POPLA and post this for your advice.

Thanks so much!
  • luke123456
    Options
    7d3041874f04682381ef9b466ab19180_zpshhbbgc7z.jpg

5457573d34116d72b246ee885fd1ec8d_zpssipfgqng.jpg

d845f2dcddc311c34e35fdf7777aa722_zpsljjpzkkx.jpg

d845f2dcddc311c34e35fdf7777aa722_zpsljjpzkkx.jpg

99cfe57573169c12e1d822272617f7b8_zpsbnfndebr.jpg

6274e2d27a61e850cb8b606fe5b60f1b_zpsi3tlhceh.jpg

As you can see the pics above, please tell me if you think we have a case. Many thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 29 January 2016 at 1:30PM
    Options
    Wow, brilliant pictures! Which exact car park of the Royal Free is this because they are useful for other cases there, to help other posters in future. It's ParkingEye at the main Royal Free car park, so which one is this please?

Tell me where on the blue & white 'Blue Badge' sign do you see mention of the 'parking charge' fine?

Tell me where on the red 'Blue Badge validation' sign - or next to that phone - do you see any mention of a 'parking charge' fine?

Tell me where on the other signs, can you see anything prominent or even legible, about the sum of the parking charge (not the fee/tariff)?

Tell me how does that little glass hut with low walls all around it look to be accesible to a disabled person in a wheelchair and how would they have had the P&D machine brought to their attention anyway, where they parked?

See what I mean? A person who never knew to go to that little glass hut has not entered into any contract to pay a 'fine' and even if they had gone there, how can they have 'consented' to pay a sum that's not there in large lettering?! No contract. There is no legible 'parking charge' (the PCN amount) on the signs, whether or not it's in the small print.
  • luke123456
    Options
    Thanks C-M! That is very encouraging!!

I asked my friend to go back to the site and take pictures, it is Chase Farm Hospital which is now part of Royal Free Trust

So To summarise I have understood you correctly, the points to argue are;
    1) the signs don't state the amount of the fine
    2) the glass hut is not accessible, you mean the yellow hut? It seems very high up.....
    3) I didn't really understand the other points you made, sorry....

I have never been tho this car park, but from the pictures, the P&D machine is not in the same place as the 'Disabled parking intercom' (yellow hut thing)....is this allowed...?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Well anything is 'allowed' in terms of where these things get placed but the point is there is nowhere that the signs tell a person about the charge, so they cannot consent to it in law. So there is no contract to pay the sum on the PCN.

See my post #36 above which wrongly mentions ParkingEye but explains a bit more about what to write, as well as the simple facts and photos about the signs.

Remind me, are you at first appeal or POPLA stage with these two Gemini ones and has the driver admitted to being the driver in any response yet ? If you are at POPLA stage you need much more than just the 'dodgy signage/no contract' argument, as per the examples in the NEWBIES thread post #3.

If you are at first appeal stage do not write ' I parked and I didn't see the signs...blah blah...I had no idea'.
  • luke123456
    Options
    Thanks C-M.

There are two invoices.

One Is at POPLA stage as GEMINI rejected my appeal.

The second I am yet to appeal. I need to send my appeal in asap.
    (either way they are still likely to reject it I guess ).

I will draft a POPLA appeal for the first one and then post it here for your opinion.

There has been no admission as to who is the driver at all at any stage (except when my friend called in to ask them why a fine was issued when she parked in a disabled bay and they then said that it is because she didn't follow this weird procedure they have...)
  • luke123456
    Options
    Any advice please?

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    What more do you need? You said one was at first appeal stage so send the usual template from the NEWBIES thread (blue writing).

You also said you would draft a POPLA appeal for the first one and then post it here. We are waiting to see your draft based on the usual POPLA examples in the NEWBIES thread.
  • luke123456
    Options
    For the second invoice which is at the first stage of appeal, do I send the standard response as in the Newbie thread or do I add anything specific about this disabled bay parking difficulties....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure