IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

GEMINI Parking Solutions

Options

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    its not THREE FINES , its 3 x unenforceable INVOICES
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you know there are two more definitely on the way? I do hope no idiot has phoned them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luke123456
    Options
    Unfortunately she did call and asked them....

They said there maybe another 2 invoices on the way. As when you park with a disabled badge apparently you have to go to the intercom machine and record your vehicle reg and disabled badge number....All very difficult to maximise their profit....
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    luke123456 wrote: »
    Unfortunately she did call and asked them....

They said there maybe another 2 invoices on the way. As when you park with a disabled badge apparently you have to go to the intercom machine and record your vehicle reg and disabled badge number....All very difficult to maximise their profit....

So those parking in a 'normal' space don't have to jump through the same hoops? Well that would appear discriminatory and you should file a strong complaint to the hospital. Remind them about the provisions of the Equality Act 2010, under which the right to sue the principal exists - minimum award £500. It might be helpful for you to have a read of the Act before engaging with the hospital.

More than anyone, a hospital should be expected not to discriminate against disabled people.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • luke123456
    Options
    Surely the hospital will reply and say it is a private company and I should take up this issue directly with them?

Thanks for the info though, definitely considering this....
  • luke123456
    Options
    GEMINI have just got back to me REFUSING my appeal. It seems like a standard refusal letter that goes on and on and doesn't address any of the issues i pointed out in my original letter. In fact my original letter just said; please cancel or give me a POPLA code for POPLA to cancel it for you....
  • luke123456
    Options
    She has also received the SECOND INVOICE for a different date at the same location.

I will send the same template appeal as I did for the first one which has just been cancelled;

Dear Gemini
    Re PCN xxxx

I am the registered keeper of vehicle xxxx. The Notice to Keeper you delivered is not compliant with paragraph 9 of Schedule 4 of the POFA and you cannot hold me liable for your purported charge.
    I invite you to accept this challenge and cancel your demand or reject it and issue a POPLA verification code at the same time to enable POPLA to cancel it for you .

No further correspondence will be entered into

Yours
    Reginald Keeper

Do I send anything to the hospital at the same time? I take it I do not mention anything to the PPC about the fact that they make disabled drivers go to the machine to speak to someone and give them the VRN as this would mean submission to the PPC that my friend was in the wrong.....
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 January 2016 at 6:34PM
    Options
    luke123456 wrote: »
    GEMINI have just got back to me REFUSING my appeal. It seems like a standard refusal letter that goes on and on and doesn't address any of the issues i pointed out in my original letter. In fact my original letter just said; please cancel or give me a POPLA code for POPLA to cancel it for you....

Did you get a PoPLA code with the rejection? If you did, then use it. If you didn't complain to the BPA that you appealed but didn't get a PoPLA code, then do nothing more until you hear back from the BPA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • luke123456
    Options
    I got a POPLA Code yes and will formulate an appeal to POPLA for the first invoice.

I will send the same informal appeal to the PPC for the second invoice as I sent for the first invoice aswell
  • luke123456
    Options
    Do I send anything to the hospital at the same time? I take it I do not mention anything to the PPC about the fact that they make disabled drivers go to the machine to speak to someone and give them the VRN as this would mean submission to the PPC that my friend was in the wrong.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure