Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 14th May 15, 1:38 PM
    • 64Posts
    • 14Thanks
    MSE Tony
    Insurance2go Mobile Phone Insurance Discussion
    • 14th May 15, 1:38 PM
    Insurance2go Mobile Phone Insurance Discussion 14th May 15 at 1:38 PM
    Hi,

This is a feedback thread on mobile phone insurance provider:

Insurance2go

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part:
    • Have you experienced problems?
    • Did you haggle and succeed?

The feedback comes as part of the Mobile Phone Insurance Cover guide.

Thank you,

MSE Tony
Page 2
    • loubylou.n
    • By loubylou.n 7th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    loubylou.n
    Would not use Insurance2Go again
    I went with Insurance2Go as recommended by MSE but when I needed a quick response it took them 17 days to finally send me a replacement phone.
    Firstly I was asked for proof of purchase, then I had to send them the phone so they could assess whether it was 'beyond repair' - it had gone down the loo and died in my hand! Then I waited and waited and waited for them to finally notify me that they had decided that it was beyond repair and then to actually send me a replacement.
    If I hadn't had a separate work phone I would have been completely stuffed without my phone! They may be cheap but I think the service is appalling. If you rely on your phone, don't drop it anywhere but also get an insurance company that will sort out a replacement much quicker.
    • Didibeth
    • By Didibeth 11th Jul 17, 5:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Didibeth
    the discount code MSE5 doesn't work on the Insureance2go website.
    • beachbuggyman
    • By beachbuggyman 25th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beachbuggyman
    Can't even take out a policy!
    After going through all the forms on the website, the final link between the payment confirmation and finishing page fails. Not telling you if your application has been accepted or not, just asking you to start again.
    When you phone them up, it goes through all the messages about who they are are, what the do etc, that you can do everything you need to on their website etc, all the options etc. Before finally telling your their offices are closed...
    How can it be this difficult to give someone some money?
    Poor performance at this stage raises concerns about what happens when making a claim!
    • jaydoubleyou
    • By jaydoubleyou 14th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jaydoubleyou
    the discount code MSE5 doesn't work on the Insureance2go website.
    Originally posted by Didibeth
    I'm finding this as well - I contacted them and they asked for loads of information to locate my policy... even though I don't have one. Doesn't bode well really.
    • feralcatwoman
    • By feralcatwoman 10th Nov 17, 11:16 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    feralcatwoman
    Covered if you bought from High St?
    Enquired with Insurance2go about whether I would be covered as my receipt (from Argos) doesn't include the IMEI number of my new handset. They were quite vague and suggested they would need this from my network provider instead, who of course also don't have a record! Has anyone else come across this, or been refused a claim due to not having receipt with IMEI number? I fear I may struggle with other insurance companies, or have to take out Argos's inferior insurance cover!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,761Users online

Martin's Twitter