Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 14th Dec 14, 4:06 PM
    • 6,377Posts
    • 10,343Thanks
    scubaangel
    Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies
    • 14th Dec 14, 4:06 PM
    Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies 14th Dec 14 at 4:06 PM
    After my somewhat unpredictable last year I have moved back to the South and am starting my debt free journey from a new start point.

Last year I was unemployed for almost 8 months which unhelpfully coincided with the things I had organised before my unemployment and I didnt want to cancel (the wedding of one of my best friends, my annual trip to Twickenham for a rugby match among them) so my debt managed to increase but not massively.

Unfortunately once employed I left my permanent job after 4 months as I hated it to move back to the Surrey area, which then coincided with a series of somewhat inconvienient events which have conspired to cost me more money than I was happy about - making my very happy I hadn't used the salary I was saving to pay off debt like I should have been doing.

So 4 weeks after making the move for my new job (which I still love despite some tough days) I am getting the keys to my new house tomorrow lunchtime and it's time to start working out a new budget.
    Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
Page 50
    • scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 18th Aug 17, 1:12 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Last week I won two serving bowls on the BigDL daily spin, they were delivered this morning, so they've been added to the pile of things I need to get listed for sale. They're actually really nice but I definitely don't need them nor have space for them and the money will be of more use if I can get rid of them.

Just checked amazon and a set of two are currently £16 on amazon, or £9 individually.
    Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 21st Aug 17, 3:59 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    A friend had a couple of the same bowl's as the ones I won so she bought my two off me for £10.

My vypr payout arrived so thats £5 in to paypal.

I've also done 5 citizenme surveys so another 50p paid out already.

Citizenme is on the iphone so I'm not counting that towards covering the cost of my new phone. But the other two do so thats £15 towards the £39 it cost me in cash. So only £24 to go and I'm back to reducing the debt from whatever I earn on it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 22nd Aug 17, 4:20 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    It was a colleagues leaving drinks last night so the bloke and I were out for the evening. Spent about £20 including lunch today.

Stayed at his flat last night and walked home, so have collected my full compliment of 10 snatch parcels and about 150 betterpoints for the walk.

Debating putting the SIM back in to the pop, it would mean I might be able to get the instore vypr steers which are worth about 100 points a time, currently there are 4 for Mr S, 2 for KFC and one for M&S, all of which are places I spend time near regularly so could pop in and earn the points (in Mr S yesterday I couldn't get the app to recognise I was instore even connected to the instore wifi).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 29th Aug 17, 9:56 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Did a merchandising job before work earlier this week, managed to get the pop to find that I was instore and did two more steers at the same time.

Vypr is back up to 80% so hopefully I'll get another payout requested this week.

I've also fiound my first golden Snatch parcel this evening, I currently have another 30mins to find out that I've won £1 (bigger amounts are available but I dont expect to get those).

A few more citizenme surveys have dropped some more pennies in to paypal.

Also another lovely set of guests handed me foldy money for me and my team, so I've added my part to the current tips purse and I think there should be enough to cover the cash outlay of buying a couple of new skirts if I can get them instore and when I get the money reimbursed some new more appropriate work shoes - my current ones are trainer style and will look silly with a "suit" style work outfit.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 30th Aug 17, 1:08 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    My Snatch win was indeed a whole £1, so I've opened a Circle account and redeemed it.

Had planned to go for a run today but given the current state of the weather I feel that isn't a thing I want to do so I'm going to head to Matalan to see if they have any suitable skirts for work as there are a couple on the website which might be ok, annoyingly my local Matalan is the smallest I've ever seen so I'll likely end up buying online to click and collect more than one of the right colour and size.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 30th Aug 17, 3:34 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Just redeemed another £5 from vypr. Means I only need another £19 to pay off the phone I'm using.

Have just been on a rather unsuccessful shopping trip looking for skirts for work. The Matalan £12 ones are too long and the £10 ones which are about the right length they only do in black and I need navy blue. M&S black ones (£29.50) are also a bit long - no navy in stock to check the colour match - and I can't see a petite option on either website. Next's tailored suit skirt was £60

Will have to go in to Reading or Guildford to try some of the dept stores on my next day off.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 1st Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Vypr paid yesterday so thats on its way to the bank account.

Had no citizenme's today but attapoll have had quite a few short surveys (have completed three, and screened out of two) but they have a £5 redemption threshold.

The boy wants to go out for dinner tonight so I need to shift off the sofa and in to a shower fairly soon.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 7th Sep 17, 5:06 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Another vypr £5 redeemed and recieved.

It was almost instant this afternoon. So thats down to £14 to have paid for the pop.

Had a couple of citzenme's this week but not as many as last week and a few shopmium payments to withdrawn from paypal.

Decided to try swagbucks redemption for a £5 prepaid mastercard, thats come through so I'm going to see if I can pay it off my credit card directly. If I can I'll work out if I'm as well keep saving my sb's for a £100 paypal option or the equivalent in mastercards for best value since either way it goes to paying down my cc debts.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 22nd Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Been stupidly busy for the last couple of weeks, redeemed another £5 from vypr. Averaging two citizenme surveys a day (only 20p a day on average but worth it in the long run!).

Just spent £70 on a new pair of work shoes, ordered from Hotter via tcb so should get cash back, but need to go put the cash in the bank on monday as I've enough from cash tips in my second purse to cover the cost. Am planning to order a couple more skirts too the Asda ones are a good fit, a decent length and £6 each, so I'm thinking if I buy another 4 I've got enough to do a full load of washing with them and my suit jacket and a spare in case I need to change mid shift.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 26th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Still chasing my letting agent about the ceiling leak.....3 months and counting. Apparently two different contractors have been out to view the roof and have said they can't fix it. Which is odd since noone has been in touch to get in to the loft space to find said leaky area and from the outside there is no visible issue.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 26th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Just done some checking of survey sites, managed to remember my log in for gtm so logged in to the lifepoints app and have redeemed my points there for £10 to paypal, did a search and got pennies from qmee, so have also cashed out £1, an a couple of citizenme's so far this morning. Have withdrawn the £1 from paypal already and transfered that and the £6 from ciao in to the 'active' bank account, which is currently over drawn as I missed the cut off for changing my main credit card dd over to another account. Annoying but it should only take a couple of weeks to get it back in the black.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 27th Sep 17, 12:45 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Just redeemed £5 PayPal from mysurvey, they usually pay fairly quickly so it can go towards filling the hole in my bank account.
    Tried using the prepaid MasterCard to pay my credit card, it didn't like the long code, kept saying it was entered wrong so will have to decide what to do with it now, possibly buy an Amazon voucher.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 28th Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Redeemed a £5 amazon voucher from another survey site last night, applied it to my account this morning.
    Also redeemed my 10,000 points on shopprize (a receipt snapping app) which will get me another £5 amazon waiting for that to be delivered.

Got a merchandising job to do before work tomorrow so trying to get my printer to play nicely and give me the documents.

Left one of the videoloyalty playlists running on instagc last night, happily it kept going overnight so I'm up to 1.17% bonus for the week and it's still going now. I'm almost 80% towards my current target of a £10 amazon voucher although I think they do paypal cashouts now so might check the value of that instead so I can get the overdraft paid off quicker.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 29th Sep 17, 12:37 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    The £5 from shopprize came through in the afternoon so I added that to my amazon account. Up to about £20 again now.

Went out for a run yesterday evening, did just over 10k, which was apparently my 3rd fastest ever 10k, I know that wont be accurate as the first 10k event I ran last year strava recorded as a 7.5 mile route, and my second it showed as being about 150m short of 10k. So when I have time I want to recheck the times for those events so I can work out what my actual best 10k time is as I'm running one on the 8th October.

I do need to start running more often though as after a bottle and a bit of wine I signed up for a half marathon at the end of November. I'm fully expecting it to take me 2.30 hours or longer but as yet havent actually told anyone I've planned to do it!

Just had a visit from someone about getting the leaky ceiling and roof fixed at the flat, would have been nice if anyone had actually been in touch to warn me as I was about to get dressed so only wearing my dressing gown and the flat is a pig sty.
    Last edited by scubaangel; 01-10-2017 at 8:07 PM.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 29th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Shopmium just paid me £12 odd for some shopping I did yesterday (coffee, for a cafetiere, cereal and some fruit juices).

Qoas sent me my monthly statement so I've requested £10 paypal.

I finished another book last night so I checked if I could ziffit it, and it was one I could send them so three books and a couple of dvd's are now boxed up to be dropped off at the shop tomorrow, should get me around £6 (I find dvd's almost always lose value by the time they get them but the books don't).

Also got a couple of books to take to work for the staff canteen and one I think a friend might like as she's got the first one in the series.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 1st Oct 17, 8:11 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Books dropped off at the shop Saturday morning while the bloke creature and I were walking back to his after a date morning before work - we continue to do things differently, wake up in bed together, have coffee go for a date then get changed and go to work. Most people seem to come home from work, date, coffee, bed. But while I'm working daft hours and he's doing the silly running thing we'll carve out time where we can.

Work has been ridiculously mixed this weekend, loud obnoxious music for a small group who tipped incredibly well, a group who complained lots and then a fabulously friendly chatty couple having a private meal.

Tomorrow the plan includes catch up tv on the blokes sofa, a run and wine. The order of things to be determined.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 2nd Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Todays plans have been varied.....
    Catch up tv occurred, watched the last two episodes of Outlander while snuggled up on the the male creature's sofa.
    Said male wants to swim later so given the weather I've not been for a run yet, instead I'm walking around my flat trying to break in my new work shoes as they pinch one heel when I'm in tights (wearing socks now and its uncomfortable but not painful).

I've just put £26 of new money in to my sealed "tips" tin, I've another £100 in my tips purse in old notes.

Done three citizen me surveys this afternoon, and a few vypr steers, there are some more instore ones have popped up so am tempted to try to get them on the way home from swimming (it's a pain driving to the nearest shop at this time of day and I really don't fancy a run or cycle up there given the wind and threats of rain).

I've also got to go in to town tomorrow as I've had a red card through the door for a parcel I need to sign for, probably another goodreads book win as I'm waiting for a few as usual and cant think of anything else I'm expecting.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 5th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Not made it to the post office yet as its only open until 2 most days and I've been doing stranger hours than normal.

Redeemed another vypr £5. So I think thats me down to £4 to have the pop pay for itself in cash.

I've requested £1 amazon from another app on it and am still using it to run all the sb apps.

Other than that not alot going on cash wise, still waiting on the accumulated total of £20 paypal from the survey sites earlier this week.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 10th Oct 17, 1:30 AM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    The £20 from surveys was paid over the weekend.
    Along with £20 from an app called shopalong.

All of which has been withdrawn to the bank.

Still haven't been to the post office.

Also haven't been paid by ziffit yet.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    • By scubaangel 11th Oct 17, 4:46 PM
    • 6,377 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    scubaangel
    Ziffit paid today - the total amount which is quite amazing. Am about to log in to withdraw it from paypal.

Went to the post office to collect the parcel, its a beautifully wrapped book, I almost dont want to unwrap it!

In other news my grandmother passed away on Monday, trying to sort out when to go home now as the funeral is next week.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,834Posts Today

9,553Users online

Martin's Twitter