Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Went for a run earlier first in a month or so, felt good, what was quite strange was running with someone as someone from work wanted to go for a run as well.

Been a bit lazy since I got home, mostly curled up on the sofa with my lappy and a book - lappy means I've hit and exceeded todays sb second target and am still chipping away at the bucks I need to claim a redemption before Christmas, finished the book but its a signed one so it's on the bookcase and I've picked up the next one on my to read list which isn't signed and is a chunky hardback so not only a book leaving the house but a significant weight out of the box of books!

Decided I need to do a tip run tomorrow with piles of old bedding - two duvets, one single, one double and four old pillows. I still have 6 assorted pillows and two king size duvets so I won't be getting cold or uncomfortable anytime soon.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Tip run complete.

Viewed a flat, liked it but it had no space for me to keep a bike, plus is very close to the local football ground so am not going to go for it.
    Annoyingly while I was out the house and flat I did like the look of were both taken before my booked viewings.

But in a slightly surprising twist the lettings agent for my current place called my guarantor complaining that they hadn't heard from me and have apparently said I could renew the lease here. So am trying to draft an email since I can't call them at this time, but the email is mostly coming out sounding angry (likely because I actually am pretty pee'd off at the situation). Will try to get that done and sent this evening though.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Christmas has landed at work, lots of turkey was cooked today, lots more tomorrow and there's a large number of turkeys in the freezer for next week.

Found an app which lets me scan some of my books to sell them - some of the ones I had taken to work have been retrieved as they have a value of almost £10 for the 4 of them - altruism be darned I need the cash. :D

Currently trying to finish a survey on sb to get me close to todays target then will see how close I can get to cashing out before I need to go pass out before work in the morning.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hit the redemption on swagbucks so waiting for £100 to land in paypal - usually takes a week or so.

Got next weeks projected guest numbers looks like I'll be able to take a few days off in addition to my theoretical normal days off to get myself organised.

Not had chance to get to the collect+ place to drop off the parcel of books but will do that on my way home from work tomorrow (finish work about 8 the shop shuts at 9) as its only a small detour.

Otherwise still plugging away at surveys etc to try to get myself to redemption levels.

Need to start Christmas shopping too, no idea what to get for my Mum, Aunt or Nana (baring in mind she's still very sick and we're limited in what she actually can have - flowers can cause her lung problems, chocolate has to be strictly rationed because of digestive problems and there is limited space for "stuff" in her room). Dad I know what I'm getting but it's collections of little things I need to remember to pick up while I'm out and about.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So finishing work at 8 sort of totally didn't happen.

Still need to get to the collect+ drop off with the parcel.

I did however decide to bite the bullet and make myself even more skint and take the flat I viewed today. Have emailed the agent this evening so hopefully will hear back tomorrow about what I need to be doing next about it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Paperwork emailed to the agent for them to pass on my offer to the landlord.

Swagbucks money has arrived in paypal and is being bounced in to the bank as I type.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Busy busy busy at work.

Finally got to the collect+ drop off shop and got the parcel of books on its way. Hopefully I'll get the money for them fairly quickly then I can look at using the same app to get rid of some more when I'm home at Christmas to make some space on the shelves in my room at Dad's house.

Got a few days off work now, some are days off and some are using up my holiday entitlement. So have some self employed work booked in, and need to do my Christmas shopping, Mum I now know what to get, same for my Sister, Dad's pressies are things I can pick up while I'm doing the shops, still utterly lost as far as my step dad, aunt and Nana are concerned though.

Spoke to my Mum this evening. Am looking forward to getting up North to just rest and avoid thinking about work.

Need to move from the sofa shortly to get some pasta cooking so I can actually have some tea this evening as I failed at lunchtime to eat anything other than a pavlova. But I really don't want to have to stand up again, now I'm comfy!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Did the self employed stuff this afternoon. Just working up the motivation to get it written up and emailed back to the company.

Decluttered the remains of a packet of spaghetti from the cupboard this evening so thats one less thing to pack when I move.

Bought part of Dad's pressie and treated myself to a garlic bread to go with my reheated pasta this evening and got a savable coin in my change so have popped it in the tin, along with the £6 in tips from work this week (good job I don't do the job for the tip money......we served over 200 Christmas Lunches at £20 a head over the last week).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Another small survey payment landed in paypal this evening so have withdrawn it to the bank, and shuffled the various monies from the internet linked account in to the one my credit cards are paid out of.

Hit the higher target on swagbucks today so am letting it run on sbtv to top up the points while I target surveys on my email and listen to reward radio on instagc - now that's back and working I think I'm going to collect my notebook comp from Dads house as I find it can slow down the lappy while I'm running the videos at the same time.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a lovely day out yesterday, wandered around the Christmas Market at Winchester with a friend and one of her other friends from Uni. Got the train home from her house and walked from the station up to my house as it was a lovely mild dry evening.

Spent today trying to find a ladder I could borrow so I can get in to the loft and try to get at the water tank which is overflowing.

Annoyingly after getting in to the loft hatch the tank is too far from the opening for me to reach and the location of the hatch is so akwardly placed half over the bath that I can't safely climb in fully to have a proper look while I'm home alone - not seen my friendly neighbour around for a week or so or I'd have asked him to come in and help (albeit I'd not ask him to climb in to the loft as he's had several operations lately). This means I am going to have to get hold of my landlord which I've been avoiding doing since they sent the S21. I know I need to as they want to do an inspection, and now to get this sorted out, but given how busy I've been at work and how stressed work, home etc has been making me the idea of having a stranger in the house while it's a complete tip - not dirty just very untidy as I've been trying to declutter which has the effect of making everything seem so much more cluttered....... - has just made me feel worse.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills