E: 05/01 Advent Competitions 2014

JamboDP
JamboDP Posts: 41,241
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
Forumite
edited 1 December 2014 at 11:44AM in Game Over Archives
Quote:
Welcome to the 2014 Advent competitions!
:santa2:

How to post an Advent comp

Please make a competition thread as normal on the main board (see here if you don't know how to do this). Please add the word ADVENT to the title of your thread.

Then add a link to the competition thread you have just created to the end of this thread (more info on this below, please keep reading).

Please follow this format when posting a link here:

E: ??/?? Site name or company running the comp (opens ??/??)

Obviously if the competition is already open or there's no indication when it opens please leave off the 'opens' part.

To create the clickable link:

(you may find it easier to have two pages open, one for the competition thread you have just created and the other for this Advent thread)
  • Copy the address of the competition which you created on the main board (highlight it, right click and 'copy')Copy the address of the competition which you created on the main board (highlight it, right click and 'copy')
  • In this thread type out the E: ??/?? Site name or company running the comp (opens ??/??)
  • Highlight the whole line of the text you've just created
  • Click on the little world symbol above your text (if you hover over this it says 'insert link)
  • A box pops up
  • Paste your copied link into this box - you only need one http://. It's best to delete the one that comes up automatically before you paste your link.
  • Click ok
Then you can post it, BUT not before you've told me which section it should be placed in. This will save me a lot of time opening all the links, so I'd be really grateful if you could all try and do this.

The sections are:

1. General Information (no competitions)
2. Web Only A-M
3. Web Only N-Z
4. Facebook Only A-M
5. Facebook Only N-Z
6. Twitter Only A-M
7. Twitter Only N-Z
8. Web/Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Google+ (two or more of these entry methods will be possible for comps in this section)
9. Weekly and Once only
10. RaffleCopters
11 Facebook Like and Share (daily and weekly)
12 One Off comps
13 Instagram

If there are any posts in here where the user has not posted a thread on the main board I'd be extremely grateful if someone could make one and then post the link to here. Thank you.

New competitions will be added to the top of the relevant section, so please check the top of each section for newly added comps.

When comps have closed I will use the strikethrough rather than remove them from the list. This makes it easier next year when people want to check which comps are running again.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T DUPLICATE ANY ENTRIES AS SOME MIGHT BE LISTED IN DAILIES/WEEKLIES TOO

To subscribe to this thread - click 'Thread Tools' on the green bar at the top of this post then 'subscribe to this thread'. Select whether you want email notifications or not, then click 'add subscription'.

There is a thread for chat here . I think it'll make it much easier for me if any discussion about advent comps is posted on the chat thread. I will always check it first before amending here. So anything like whether something is/isn't an advent, end date discrepancies etc ....

Good luck everyone!:rudolf:

(past years advents can be found here: 2013 2012, 2011, 2010)
I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family