🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The things they say!

Options
zaksmum
zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 2 September 2014 at 4:16PM in Marriage, relationships & families
My darling little 3 year old grandson visited today. He proceeded to rummage in the pocket of his jeans, produced scraps of paper ripped to shreds and proudly announced me it was a drawing for me.

I said how lovely it was...but why, I asked him, was it ripped up?

"It was too big to fit in my pocket," he explained as if he was talking to the village idiot. "So I made it into smaller bits so it would fit in":rotfl:

I really did laugh!

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My grandson, 2 & 1/2, must be following in my footsteps with literary quotes.

He told us that he is 'the biggest boy you've ever seen'. Our Rice Krispie cakes were issued with demo on how he 'stirred and stirred and stirred'.

As they live in the USA, I don't know when I've have any more little things from him and baby brother.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They always make the day so much brighter don't they?
  • fireyfirenze
    Options
    zaksmum that is really cute :D as if you didn't think of that!

my niece is 5 and when we went out for a carvery meal on Saturday the waitress asked everyone if they would like to 'go large' (get a larger plate basically). her dad and my OH said yes. the waitress gave them a token and my niece said to her dad 'well dad you are a bit large' haha! had us all in stitches :)
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just visited a friend to see her lovely grandchildren. We had a discussion on D's birthday, coming soon.

He said that although he was four, he hadn't been one!

Of course, he couldn't remember that!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My granddaughter, then a 3 year old tiny, blonde, blue-eyed little doll, had been naughty and her daddy, all 6' 4" of him stood over her where she sat on the sofa. He told her that what she had done was very naughty, she was never to do it again, etc etc. She looked up at him wide eyed and said calmly 'Have you quite finished?'. Exit father trembling with laughter!
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A friend of mine and I were in a hall, next to a stage, speaking, when her very bright and articulate 3 year old tried to interrupt. My friend told her to wait until we'd finished talking - so the daughter walked off and climbed onto the stage. She came over to us, placed her hands around her mum's cheeks to turn her face to hers, looked in her eyes and said "No. I *need* you to listen to me."
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter was playing with her wee pal the other day and put a clothes peg on a shoe, I asked what's that? she replied it's a microphone I said it's not a very good microphone (in a nice way, she's 9 & could improvise with better stuff) straight off the bat she replied "Budget cut's" made me giggle.
    Booo!!!
  • BucksLady
    BucksLady Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    We were babysitting our 4 year old niece, who rushed into the kitchen telling us to come quickly as Sooty (her cat) was causing ''haddock'' in the conservatory. The susbstitution of 'haddock' for havoc, really made us smile :)
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sitting in the cafe with my 4 yr old neice we were playing 'eye spy'.

I spy with my little eye something begginig with B she said.

10 mins later after the usual 'bread' 'bacon' 'bulb' she offered a clue. 'Its on the table!' so we tried butter.

Finally out of sheer frustration we said we had to give us.

Looking at us as if we were completly she useless she announced-

Duh, its the binegar!
  • ManofLeisure_2
    Options
    I remember asking my niece (about 6), what she would like to do when grown-up. She replied by saying, ''a Kylie Minogue Nurse'' lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport