Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    KatyStrike
    Gordon & Noble .... Advice on retaliation???
    • 23rd Aug 14, 9:40 AM
    Gordon & Noble .... Advice on retaliation??? 23rd Aug 14 at 9:40 AM
    Hi,

I'm looking for some advice. I have been inundated with voicemails from Gordon & Noble about an unpaid parking ticket because I am the RK.

I live in Scotland and having read many forums on here, I took the advice and have ignored all contact and not spoken to anyone however they are becoming more and more threatening.

So far I have the recorded voicemails saying they will take legal action, the next step is a writ, they will sue, etc. and the latest set of voicemails is now asking me to let them know when sheriff's officers can visit me to issue a summons to go to court.

I know they have no right to say half of what they have said and I have all the voicemails recorded and now want to take action against them.

Any advice on how I go about taking it back to G&N?

Lets see how they like it!!!
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 23rd Aug 14, 9:53 AM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 5,526 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 23rd Aug 14, 9:53 AM
    • 23rd Aug 14, 9:53 AM
    Lots of stuff on here

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/debtcollecting-note.html

I don't know if it applies in Scotland, b ut it gives you an idea what you can do.
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 23rd Aug 14, 10:06 AM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    • 23rd Aug 14, 10:06 AM
    • 23rd Aug 14, 10:06 AM
    Would love to hear the recordings of that, they have been basically saying they are sheriffs officers , do they say the same on the recordings? Is it for UKPC by the way?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
    • Dee140157
    • By Dee140157 23rd Aug 14, 10:08 AM
    • 2,852 Posts
    • 7,796 Thanks
    Dee140157
    • 23rd Aug 14, 10:08 AM
    • 23rd Aug 14, 10:08 AM
    If you haven't already done so, Parking Prankster may be interested in hearing more about this too.

Would be good to see a transcript of those recordings!
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
    • bazster
    • By bazster 23rd Aug 14, 10:17 AM
    • 7,326 Posts
    • 9,448 Thanks
    bazster
    • 23rd Aug 14, 10:17 AM
    • 23rd Aug 14, 10:17 AM
    I'd contact your MP if I were you and get him/her to ask DVLA if they're happy about this sort of thing being done as a result of them selling your personal details.

These are voicemails right, so they knew what they were saying was being recorded?
    Last edited by bazster; 23-08-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Je suis Charlie.
    • Parking-Prankster
    • By Parking-Prankster 23rd Aug 14, 12:23 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    Parking-Prankster
    • 23rd Aug 14, 12:23 PM
    • 23rd Aug 14, 12:23 PM
    Retaliate by sending me the recordings. I will blog them, with your details redacted.

prankster@parking-prankster.com
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
    • esmerobbo
    • By esmerobbo 23rd Aug 14, 12:38 PM
    • 4,644 Posts
    • 6,114 Thanks
    esmerobbo
    • 23rd Aug 14, 12:38 PM
    • 23rd Aug 14, 12:38 PM
    Have a look here to make it official as well as everything else.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smaso.org%2Fimages%2FC OMPLAINTS_2012.pdf
  • KatyStrike
    • 24th Aug 14, 2:55 PM
    • 24th Aug 14, 2:55 PM
    Hi all thanks for the replies, i will type up a transcript and post it, and yes they claimed to be sheriffs officers and it was UKPC, and yes these are voice mails left on my house phone.

the calls start by saying his name and that he is from gordon and noble sheriff officers and that if we do not call him back to resolve we will sue, in other messages he says they will obtain writs from court and it has now moved onto when i can take delivery of summons from sheriff officers?

i would expect that if they had such a document they would not be asking when they could come and deliver it.

as i say i will type up a transcript and post it, i will also try and copy the recording with my details bleeped out.
    Last edited by KatyStrike; 24-08-2014 at 3:04 PM.
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 24th Aug 14, 3:00 PM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    • 24th Aug 14, 3:00 PM
    • 24th Aug 14, 3:00 PM
    Yep just as I thought, keep those messages safe, when you get time can you post them (transcript) to prankster he will blog them on his website. Claiming to be sheriffs officers is a very serious breach and it's akin of saying 'hi there we are the bailiffs calling' in other parts of the UK.

This needs to be complained about as this company denies that they are doing it, they have issued statements to that effect.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 24th Aug 14, 5:01 PM
    • 10,840 Posts
    • 14,047 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    WARNING! Do not read this post if eating/drinking!
    Katy, when Parky (Parking Prankster) gets this out for you, there'll be quite a few people at Gordon & Noble suffering from a very bad case of "must change my underwear" syndrome
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 24th Aug 14, 5:17 PM
    • 14,798 Posts
    • 13,461 Thanks
    bod1467
    I see Barnes & Noble are still up to their old tricks.

Why are your debt collectors telling lies when trying to collect outstanding speculative invoices (parking charge notices) from vehicle registered keepers?
    Example: "Today there has been another phone call in which the "gentleman" stated that he was from Gordon & Noble and had been told by the company (I assume he was referring to UKPC) to "sue" the RK straight away. However he had said to them to give some more time for payment to be made!!

He said that legislation had changed in Scotland on April 1st 2014 and now the RK will be taken to court even if the amount is less than £200. He also stated that if advice was saught from CAB or a Lawyer that they would advise to ignore the charge but they would be incorrect as legislation had changed. He said that the "Government" were putting pressure on the parking company's to collect all these unpaid charges as they ( the Government) get a percentage and that's why legislation was changed"

This is complete and utter bullocks! It is LIES! There is NO registered keeper liability in Scotland for unpaid speculative invoices. Your company could be in line for serious censure for conducting such fraudulent activity! PS - I am not the person who received the call.
    by Me
    Good Afternoon,

I am aware of this case and was present during the conversation. Based upon the undernoted I think that the individual has misconstrued what they were told. I cannot deal with you as I have no idea who you are , however, if you wish to ask the person to phone me, I will happily clarify the matter for them.
    by Them
    Aye right! And I saw porcine birds fly past my window.
    Last edited by bod1467; 24-08-2014 at 5:19 PM.
    • fil cad
    • By fil cad 24th Aug 14, 8:47 PM
    • 743 Posts
    • 584 Thanks
    fil cad
    Sounds like Gordon and noballs are a right bunch of camel jockys
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 24th Aug 14, 10:06 PM
    • 8,153 Posts
    • 30,579 Thanks
    ampersand
    Katy - you have not referred to Parking Prankster's offer to you.- #6
    Maybe you don't know of his work:
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

Please liaise with him asap.
    It is not an offer to refuse.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• KatyStrike
    Message Transcripts
    Sorry been working away from home all week and just had a chance to type up a transcript of the 8 voicemails left on my home answering machine.

Here goes;

Message 1 - This is a message for XXX. My name is XXX from Gordon & Noble Sheriff’s officers based in Glasgow. It is quite important you give me a call back as soon as you can please on XXXXX. There is a reference number XXXX

Message 2 - I don’t know if there’s something wrong with your phone somehow I keep getting cut off. This is a message for XXX. My name is XXX I phoning from Gordon & Noble Sheriff’s Officers based in Glasgow. It’s quite simple we’ve got a parking problem that you’ve got and I need it resolved as soon as possible or we will take legal action. If we take legal action it will just add additional cost to a bill that is obviously difficult as it is. The reference XXXX. It is important you call me back as soon as you can on XXXX. Either cutting me off or hanging up the phone on me is not going to make this go away. A proper conversation in a courteous manner will reconcile the problem. Failing that, we will sue.

Message 3 - This is an urgent message for XXXX. My name is XXXX I’m from a company called Gordon & Noble it’s a Sheriffs officer business. The reference number for the case is XXX. It is important you contact us cause this is not going to go away. The next process is to process a writ for court. The phone number is XXXX. If you speak to me we can prevent that from happening. My name is XXX

Message 4 - This is an urgent message for XXX. My name is XXX, I’m calling you from a company called Gordon & Noble they’re Sheriff’s Officers based in Glasgow. It’s important somebody contacts me immediately on XXXX. I called a couple of times yesterday and it appeared the phone was getting hung up. I don’t understand this discourtesy at all. So you call me as a matter of urgency on XXXX to try to resolve a serious problem

Message 5 - I don’t know if you’re hanging up or whether there’s something wrong with your phone but this is pretty serious. You should even have the courtesy to find out what it’s about. This is a message for XXX. I’m calling from a Sheriff’s officers business based in Glasgow. You know what a Sheriff’s officer is? There is a legal case paper reference XXX. My name is XXX, my phone number is XXX. I’m trying to resolve a problem that you have without taking legal action but it’s no going to go away. Putting the phone down, how discourteous, it’s silly quite frankly, Now I’m here till after 12 o’clock and I strongly suggest you call me and try and sort this out in a reasonable manner cause its certainly no going to go away

Message 6 – This is a serious message for XXX. I’ve phoned you half a dozen times and all you ever keep doing is hanging the phone up. I find that ludicrous based upon the fact that (pause) you know (pause) being serious, what do you think happens next? We’ve been asked to contact you in regards to a serious matter that’s not going to go away and we’d really prefer to speak to you and reconcile over the telephone but failing that quite simply we’ll have other recourse to other processes that will only gonna add outstanding money to an already outstanding position. So you know with the greatest of respect putting the phone down, no speaking, no replying, no replying to messages I find that really quite silly on your part. We are trying to help you to reconcile the problem. Failing that..….really ….. I’m quite sure you’re aware what happens next. So if you want to try and call before close of business today. Failing that don’t bother calling….we’ll be in touch. It’s (Phone number) Glasgow. My name is XXX

Message 7 – I’m phoning to see when the time will suit you for Sheriff’s officers to come out and see you. My number is XXX. You call me when you have a suitable time and place, thanks

Message 8 – This is a message for XXXX. This is XXX from Gordon & Noble Sheriff’s officers. Why don’t you give us a call please to let us know when you can accept service of a summons erm regarding this eh problem we have? (phone number) as soon as you can please cause I don’t want to send someone out when you’re no in

Where do I go from here?

Thanks
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 30th Aug 14, 12:44 PM
    • 2,345 Posts
    • 1,962 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey
    Have you responded to Pranky yet? (post #6)
  • KatyStrike
    not sure how to. Do I just quick reply to his post?
    • Dee140157
    • By Dee140157 30th Aug 14, 12:52 PM
    • 2,852 Posts
    • 7,796 Thanks
    Dee140157
    His email address is in post 6. Just send him an email. He will respond quite quickly.

Edit: Stroma has done it for you. But it may be worth still popping him an email too so he can contact you directly.
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 30th Aug 14, 12:52 PM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    I have emailed Prankster (and others) this
  • KatyStrike
    thanks, just sent him an email with the transcripts attached
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 30th Aug 14, 12:54 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 7,151 Thanks
    pogofish
    Sending him a PM might be good - just click on his username and then then click the "Send a Private Message to...." option in the menu that appears.

But if you have already emailed him, that's fine too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,827Posts Today

8,008Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin