Lost passport. Where shall I look?

Options
Okay, so I realise none of you know where my passport is, however for those of you who have had the misfortune of losing yours (or a similar item) I will be forever grateful if you could let me know where/how it turned up. It might just be that mine is hiding in a similar location which I haven't yet thought of. :o

Muchos thanks.

LMT
MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j

Comments

• hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    In the suitcase that you used to travel with last time?

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In a jacket pocket or bag from when you last travelled with it?

We have a little case thing where all ours were as I'd forgotten to empty it out.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Now OP....you will learn from this!

I always....first thing on getting in the flippin door, put the passport in the place it always is. I am a disorganised person usually, but this Is something I do religiously.

That is not helping you. So think back....

When did you have it last? did someone else put the pp away for you?

And then pray to Saint Anthony, he is the finder of Lost things, and he doesn't mind if you have a similar religion or not!

https://suite.io/francine-morrissette/1j6n2w4
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you needed a DBS check for which you have got your passport out and then put it somewhere you've not yet looked.

Have you needed your passport to take to the bank as ID?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a prize for the person who gives you the idea where to look and it's there?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Behind your radiator (my friend found hers there once, worth a try)

In a handbag that you haven't used for a while (found mine there before)
  • AngelAlexa
    AngelAlexa Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    With your travel docs from last holiday?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glove box in the van/car?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • ChristineL
    ChristineL Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Look again where it should be. Yes I know you and your other half have probably both looked there at least twice already. But it's amazing how often when I'm looking for a document that it turns up just where it should have been in the first place despite us both having looked there already.

My other suggestions would be the suitcase / carry-on / handbag / jacket pocket that you traveled with last time.

Or when I get back from a trip I go through the post and sort it into 3 piles (1) is stuff to be attended to (2) is stuff that goes in the recycling straight away and (3) is mail that I intend to do something with later. That third pile can then get pushed into a folder and after it's been hanging about a bit it gradually gets deeper and deeper in to the desk drawer as nothing happens to it. I'd check that folder for my passport too!

Good luck!
  • mcja
    mcja Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    We found my daughters in the loft. It had got caught up with a load of papers and put up there by accident.
    “Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure