Friend been with boyfriend 5 1/2 years and not engaged

I have a friend who has had a boyfriend for well over 5 years, and is not engaged. I know she wants to get married, she is 25.

Should I have a chat with her, I feel like that's too long to wait.

Just wanna help her though she seems very happy in the relationship.

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why does it matter that they're not engaged? As long as they're happy, that's all that matters.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    she doesn't need your help - you say yourself she's happy.
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    I have a friend who has had a boyfriend for well over 5 years, and is not engaged. I know she wants to get married, she is 25.

Its got nothing to do with you!!
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nobody else's business. I have been with my boyfriend for 19 years, would I marry him - yes, does it effect our relationship - no, have we got a happier healthier relationship than a lot of married friends - yes.... Is any of it anybody else's business - no.
  • sweetme
    sweetme Posts: 13,829 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler
    It's not really any of your business is it? Surely if she was unhappy and wanted to talk to you about it she would raise it herself with you. I think you'd help her better by keeping your nose out of her relationship.
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Depends on if she is the sort of friend you gossip with about things like that. As you have asked the question she probably isn't.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think you should plan a surprise wedding, arrange for all his and her family to attend, buy her a wedding dress and then tell her you're taking her for a spa day. Once she's all relaxed and fresh faced from her spa treatments, you can use a taser to knock her out, put her in the wedding dress, and drive her to the church. Get someone to do the same with her boyfriend, wheel them down the aisle, and when they awaken, they can say their vows. It's what a good friend would do.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Mind your own business.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • redcard
    redcard Posts: 1,563 Forumite

Do you have unresolved psychological problems?
    Hope over Fear. #VoteYes
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    No, it is her business. Presumably because she is still in the relationship she is currently happy with it and if she isn't then it is up to her to talk things through with her partner.

I was with my partner for longer than that before I got married. Relationships have their own pace.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure