EE.T-Mob.Orange. Change T&C From 26th March 2014

Options

Comments

• Bimmermad
    Bimmermad Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    I am going to paris for a few days do you think I can use my phone as I would in this country without incurring any cost taking into consideration the fact that I won my case and I am waiting for EE to issue my PAC code so I can leave??
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    Options
    Bimmermad wrote: »
    I am going to paris for a few days do you think I can use my phone as I would in this country without incurring any cost taking into consideration the fact that I won my case and I am waiting for EE to issue my PAC code so I can leave??
    I know others did when they won against T-Mobile last year. As long as you have accepted CISAS decision then if EE want to drag their heels in complying with the decision than that is up to them, and you should be okay using it. If they had complied with their own contract and GC 9.6 then they would have cancelled your contract back in February/March.

Just remember you will have to pay any bill, and then EE will refund the payment when they make the settlement.
  • Bimmermad
    Options
    I know others did when they won against T-Mobile last year. As long as you have accepted CISAS decision then if EE want to drag their heels in complying with the decision than that is up to them, and you should be okay using it. If they had complied with their own contract and GC 9.6 then they would have cancelled your contract back in February/March.

Just remember you will have to pay any bill, and then EE will refund the payment when they make the settlement.

Thanks RC guess I'll be following this thread while I'm out there then. :rotfl:
  • 23six
    23six Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    @RandomCurve I have a question regarding which payments will be refunded.

My bill period begins/ends every 9th of the month. T-Mobile generally take payments on the 19th-22nd of pretty much all months.

Now, my CISAS settlement says I'm due to be refunded from (or in their words; backlogged to) February 18.

Jan9-Feb8 bill payment was taken on Feb 19 according to My EE. Will this payment be included in the refund?
  • Keverso
    Keverso Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all (and especially Mr RC),

I am at the point where EE have said they will not communicate any more - which I understand can be considered a deadlock. This means I need to register my complaint.

Given recent movements such as

1) Some are coming through with a win.
    2) A recent post details what OFFCON considers detriment.
    3) I have just received a letter informing me that my bill will be going up so I have evidence of said detriment.

I was wondering if the previous templates are still valid or do they need a gently tickle to include references to the above (and probably other) points to strengthen them?

If they are valid can someone please recommend the best post to follow and templates to use? Also - if not included in the post - what additional amounts should I be asking for and for what reasons?

Finally - a big thank you to everyone who is on this thread, it's nice to have a chance to stick it to big business.

Kevin.
  • ed_209_2
    ed_209_2 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    23six wrote: »
    @RandomCurve I have a question regarding which payments will be refunded.

My bill period begins/ends every 9th of the month. T-Mobile generally take payments on the 19th-22nd of pretty much all months.

Now, my CISAS settlement says I'm due to be refunded from (or in their words; backlogged to) February 18.

Jan9-Feb8 bill payment was taken on Feb 19 according to My EE. Will this payment be included in the refund?

When did you first approach EE to termninate your contract? I'm guessing as CISAS say its backlogged to February 18, that's when you made move to cancel - so you will have to pay for services up until that date.
  • PenguinJoshy
    Options
    Only just discovered this thread :(

I take it it's too late for me now. Thought nothing at the time re: the T&C's text...but now they're upping their prices.

Anything I can do?
  • Bimmermad
    Options
    ed_209 wrote: »
    When did you first approach EE to termninate your contract? I'm guessing as CISAS say its backlogged to February 18, that's when you made move to cancel - so you will have to pay for services up until that date.

Just wondering if I am the only person that has got it cancelled from 10th February? ?
  • fm123
    fm123 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    SimonD316 wrote: »
    WOOO HOOO just had mine too...Exactly the same result :)

Hi could you please repost the template of your letter. just received my price increase and still wIting for t mobile to reply to me about rejecting the ts and cs.

i feel as strongly as one of the posters here. really hope t- mobile go under, a really greedy company
  • PenguinJoshy
    Options
    I fear I've missed the boat, as per my above post...but the text, although stipulating terms & conditions would change, did not say anything about what should I do if I reject them or I have 30 days to cancel...surely that vagueness gives me a chance.

How can you change t&c's without A - a hard copy (i.e via a letter) and B - Without any mention on your options.

I studied contract law (got a distinction in my exam! :P) 3/4 years ago and I'm sure a contract is void (unless I'm recalling wrong) if one party has greater power / the contract favours one party far more than the other.

I have yet to receive a price increase letter although the Mrs' dad has, who's on EE, so I am expecting.

I really hope it's not too late and I still have a case.

It's robbery IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport