Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,766 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Anyway, on the plus side today I reclaimed £33 worth of expenses and put in a refund claim for my train ticket the other day when the train track was on fire (well, nearly) :j Requested it in cheque rather than train vouchers so I can stick it straight in the savings account (although I spend so much on trains it doesn't make much difference!) :money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Right - off today :j :j and a cheery pal is coming round for lunch :j and we're looking after furry neighbour's dog (er, the dog is furry, not the neighbour...) so all good :j :j

Planning a bit of pottering and house tidying, and a bit of work on my diploma stuff - got a phone call with a diploma buddy booked for later this afternoon so need to figure out what we're going to talk about!

Other than that, cheerfulness all the way today :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Uh-oh to the distance-working review, but :j:j:j to everything else, especially the furry [STRIKE]neighbour[/STRIKE] dog :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Furry pal is SO stubborn! I thought it'd be nice to go for a nice long walk, sit in the park with a cuppa, amble back :) But no - we got round the corner, he did his jobs (as my grandma used to say :rotfl: ) then just stood there, completely solid... :rotfl: I tried dragging him but he literally dug his heels in and leaned backwards and despite being quite small he's actually pretty sturdy :rotfl:

So we came home again. Idle so-and-so. I suspect he doesn't get much of a long walk, just goes out for toileting then home again so that's what he's used to. Ah well, plenty to do here!

Just spoke to my sister - she's just had £1300 arrive in her bank account after ringing about PPI yesterday :money: Didn't even think she had it - just rang the bank and said 'have I ever had this, and if so can I reclaim it?' and it arrived in the bank the next day!

So I am newly emboldened to do the same - I KNOW I've never had PPI, but Mr Cheery had a packaged account for years he insists he never signed up for, and I've got plenty of overdraft charges from years ago (somehow I hadn't claimed because I was thinking it was my own stupid fault for going overdrawn and somehow I *Deserved* them :o:o ) but going to give it a go and see what happens :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Right, I can't claim bank charges as they're all over 6 years ago - should have done it when I first heard about it... :o Ah well. But I've drafted a letter about Mr Cheery's bank account charge so we'll see :)

And I checked the energy bill - paying £80 direct debit but they were recommending £76 and we're over £300 in credit :j so I've reduced it - was going to go for £75 but it was a slider thing and I couldn't make it say £75 so we're at £74.89 :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Morning chums :hello:

Not much to report here money-wise. I was hoping to spin the leftover diesel from our holidays out until next month, and we would have managed it but popped over to visit Mr Cheery's family yesterday so I just filled the whole tank up anyway (£36, so it would have lasted til September without that trip).

Other than that, er, nothing!

Oh, except (and keep quiet about this please...) I've found a new job to apply for :D VERY excited about this. It's rather close to our current house :rotfl: so there'll likely be a commute from the new house - but somehow commuting into a city from the surrounding area feels more acceptable than traipsing from one city to another :o Deadline's not for a couple of weeks and it looks likely it won't start til January - but fingers crossed!

If I *do* get it, it's full time :eek: Looks like they'd match my current salary, so I'd have roughly an extra £300 from doing the extra day a week (losing my Fridays, sob!) plus another £200 for losing the train travel (although when we move I'll have to add in a bit for travel - hopefully not as much!) so that'd be £500 a month better off, that's £6000 a year :eek:

That'll allow us more wiggle room in the mortgage... or we could get the same sized mortgage and just throw all the extra at it and pay it off more quickly :applause: Either way it'll give us more options.

Anyway, not going to speculate too much, not even filled in the application form yet after all :D :rotfl:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Sounds awesome cheery - won't say a word.

Excellent progress xx
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks lass :)

Nothing to report today - except I tried to have a sneaky chocolate bar at the train station and the pesky chocolate machine ate my dosh! Put in a 50p, which didn't register, but didn't come out the bottom either, but I didn't notice til I'd already put in the other change. Didn't have another 50p so just pressed refund, hoping I'd get the whole lot back, but didn't get any of it! :mad: MOst vexing. Had to go and buy one from the kiosk to calm my poor nerves :o Most expensive snickers bar I've ever had! :eek: :rotfl:

Tiredy tired but I've got the place to myself this evening so I'm going to MAKE myself do some stuff

* 15 mins putting clothes away in bedroom
    * quick tidy of kitchen and cleaning sink :D Following Pippi with flylady attempts :D
    * cancel Body Pump class tomorrow :o Booked it earlier, but realised my arms are still sore from Body Combat yesterday :o so might see if there's something more gentle :o :rotfl:
    * print job spec and application form, and start seeing what I can put in each of the sections :j
    * YNAB
    * watch documentary I've been saving (vaguely work related and finishes on iplayer soon)
    * wanted a bath but really not sure I can be arsed :o :rotfl:

Let's see how I get on... Probably be asleep in 10 mins :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ok...

* 15 mins putting clothes away in bedroom
    * quick tidy of kitchen and cleaning sink (Following Pippi with flylady attempts)
    * [STRIKE]cancel Body Pump class tomorrow Booked it earlier, but realised my arms are still sore from Body Combat yesterday so might see if there's something more gentle [/STRIKE] Booked pilates after lunch instead :j
    * [STRIKE]print job spec and application form, and start seeing what I can put in each of the sections [/STRIKE] [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]spent the last hour reading staff profiles of their existing staff and working out who I could work with :D[/COLOR]
    * [STRIKE]YNAB[/STRIKE]
    * watch documentary I've been saving (vaguely work related and finishes on iplayer soon)
    * wanted a bath but really not sure I can be arsed

Got rather carried away with job application, but since that's my absolute priority right now I'm not concerned :j Flylady bedroom sorting can wait - it's gone dark now, the lights in their are rather more 'mood lighting' than 'actually able to see anything' and most of the clothes on the floor seem to be black :rotfl:

Definitely can't be bothered with a bath so just waiting for the kettle, then will do the washing up and curl up with my documentary :j

Not a bad evening!
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi cheery :)

i wanted to pop in and say thank you for the lovely posts on my thread :D

Good luck with your application :)

i love how you post those lists to make you do something - i use the same tactic when i need to force myself to be productive - i think its the lure of crossing things off a list :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh i know what you mean with the neighbours - for us its ok indoors if its not nice weather but if its nice weather and the windows are open or we are outside alls we can hear is one of our neighbours which certainly spoils any chance of enjoying a relaxing time outside :mad: <- thats how i feel about & how they sound :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

hope things work out with your working from home too :)
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business