Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    jcoutts
    Driving Licence App. Scam **Avoid**
    • 2nd Dec 13, 8:46 PM
    Driving Licence App. Scam **Avoid** 2nd Dec 13 at 8:46 PM
    Hi

I got caught from this site, www(dvla-driving-licence) thinking I was renewing my driving licence.

Turns out they JUST fill the form out for you and send YOU back the form to send to the DVLA.. 60 for the privilege!

Now, they won't fully refund me as they say that they will only refund their Service fee of 40.. Total cost is 60.. They say they have already lost the fee that they have sent to the DVLA, but of course a Licence NEEDS a Signature?

How, have they sent ANYTHING to the DVLA - Rubbish..

Had a large email chain with them, quoting the distance selling regs, and Trading Standards, but they won't budge.

I'm NOT letting this crew get away with it.

Problem is you can't get hold of the "Trading Standards" now? You used to be able to liaise with them, now it's ALL the Citizens Advice. You just lodge a report, which does nothing for the individual.

Sooooo.. the only thing I am left with is Small claims court for 20.

Just wany EVERYONE to be aware.. Trouble is I should have known better, could really kick myself, but it's the unsuspecting youngsters going for their first licence - THAT's the ones that are going to get caught by this.

I'll make sure this site get's some negative exposure.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,737Posts Today

7,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin