We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Buttergate.....An internal email.

Options
yvonne13_2
yvonne13_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 8 October 2013 at 12:34PM in Marriage, relationships & families
Sorry I had to post this because I just don't know what to think.

An email went around today asking the person that left the knife marks and crumbs in someone's the butter to own up as the person's upset!?!?

This has to be one of the strangest emails to go around work, what is the strangest or funniest emails that you've seen?

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]
It's better to regret something I did do than to regret something that I didn’t. :EasterBun

Comments

• Southernman
    Options
    'Whoever has left the half eaten sandwich in the seating area better go and remove it before CCTV footage is checked and the culprit named and shamed'
    Mortgage 1: May 2012 £90,000 April 2020: £47,000
    Mortgage 2: £270,000😱 Jan 2019 £253,000 April 2020
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    'Can the person who has taken the key to the [location] office please return it as there are people waiting to get in and it's raining'
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can't better yours (or butter it even) but I feel the person's pain having worked with a butter thief myself. In the end I put a note inside the tub saying 'stop using my effing butter'.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • mwa
    mwa Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    I once worked in a place that had notes in the ladies' loos asking people to make sure they flushed the contents, it was in the form of a rather gross poem which went along the lines of 'if you leave a log, please flush the bog' LOL classy!!
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Not funny, but one of the most stupid "Is everyone's email working again now?"

I feel for the butter victim, thats happened to me several times and its horrid.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    'does anybody know who left the pineapple on the radiator because it is starting to smell'
  • Wonder_Girl
    Options
    katy721 wrote: »
    'does anybody know who left the pineapple on the radiator because it is starting to smell'

FPMSL:rotfl:
    All comments and advice given is my own opinion and does not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

DFW Nerd #132
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am Spartacus

What a stupid question - who's going to admit they have upset someone via butter?!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    In the last place I worked there was quite often emails going round saying 'Has anyone got any mayonnaise?' At the place I worked before that someone sent a random email going 'I love you all!' to which the lad who sat beside me sent one back saying 'Love is in the air..'
    My boss did leave a narked off note in the fridge when someone nicked her yoghurt...
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • arbroath_lass
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    My boss did leave a narked off note in the fridge when someone nicked her yoghurt...

I did leave a narked off email on the microwave when someone heated (boiled) scotch broth until it exploded all over the inside. And left it like that :mad:.

Other than that I do, occasionally, have to ask colleagues to return cutlery. It disappears quite a lot. They do return it, though :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport