Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 6th Sep 13, 7:55 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    • 6th Sep 13, 7:55 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 7:55 PM
    Anyone with poor EE coverage and good Vodafone coverage get ready to shop around.
    Originally posted by Earthworm
    Surely that applies to Asda Mobile generally with their mediocre rates and tariffs.
    • NFH
    • By NFH 6th Sep 13, 8:20 PM
    • 4,296 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    NFH
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:20 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:20 PM
    EE's coverage is deteriorating rapidly as EE decommissions transmitters and creates coverage blackspots which did not exist previously. What a bad move by Asda Mobile.
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 6th Sep 13, 8:28 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:28 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:28 PM
    EE's coverage is deteriorating rapidly as EE decommissions transmitters and creates coverage blackspots which did not exist previously. What a bad move by Asda Mobile.
    Originally posted by NFH
    EE are not decommissioning masts anymore. In fact they are upgrading over 6,000 ex Orange masts into the MBNL network to support the latest 2G, 3G and 4G standards. This consolidation will be complete at the end of 2014 and should leave EE with the best possible network with over 18,500 masts and 99.2% 3G coverage and 98% 4G coverage.

Yes the decommissioning of masts has affected users but ultimately it's leading to a better network.
  • Earthworm
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:34 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:34 PM
    Personally I agree they are more expensive than others but some will be happy with their prices. They are, at least, lower than Orange's on PAYG.

My signal actually improved with the merger I think I am the only one :P.
    • adandem
    • By adandem 6th Sep 13, 8:38 PM
    • 3,307 Posts
    • 4,529 Thanks
    adandem
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:38 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 8:38 PM
    I am hoping to leave EE soon, terrible coverage.
    • MillicentBystander
    • By MillicentBystander 6th Sep 13, 9:46 PM
    • 3,451 Posts
    • 2,225 Thanks
    MillicentBystander
    • 6th Sep 13, 9:46 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 9:46 PM
    No matter what network they use they are still very uncompetitive on price!
  • Earthworm
    • 6th Sep 13, 9:53 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 9:53 PM
    I'm puzzled that networks still see 100MB as a usable amount of data in a month. My phone would use more than that just in the background.
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 6th Sep 13, 10:07 PM
    • 7,924 Posts
    • 2,893 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 6th Sep 13, 10:07 PM
    • 6th Sep 13, 10:07 PM
    However, ASDA's call centre (in Rothesay, Scotland as I recall) is superb.
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 6th Sep 13, 10:12 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    However, ASDA's call centre (in Rothesay, Scotland as I recall) is superb.
    Originally posted by Buzby
    Not going to lie but i'd rather take an Indian call centre over a scottish call centre. Seriously can't hack the accent.
    • cmonthehoops
    • By cmonthehoops 7th Sep 13, 1:25 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    cmonthehoops
    Not going to lie but i'd rather take an Indian call centre over a scottish call centre. Seriously can't hack the accent.
    Originally posted by ZhugeEX

Hang up then if you can't understand us simple
    'HAIL HAIL'
    • Farway
    • By Farway 7th Sep 13, 4:20 PM
    • 4,892 Posts
    • 4,078 Thanks
    Farway
    Hang up then if you can't understand us simple
    Originally posted by cmonthehoops
    Hardly a sensible post, so one calls a help centre, unable to understand the accent, so just give up?
    • OldGreyFox
    • By OldGreyFox 8th Sep 13, 3:28 AM
    • 1,351 Posts
    • 642 Thanks
    OldGreyFox
    "As part of the deal EE will supply 700 iPads for use by Asda staff in stores and depots."

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/427468/Asda-ditches-Vodaphone-for-EE-network
    • Im just careful
    • By Im just careful 8th Sep 13, 6:30 PM
    • 906 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    Im just careful
    This could be interesting.

I wonder if it will be for new business only or if there is going to be a SIM exchange operation.

I can't think of an example of a Mobile Virtual Network Operator moving network.

Does anyone know how this could be done ?
    • NFH
    • By NFH 8th Sep 13, 7:09 PM
    • 4,296 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    NFH
    I can't think of an example of a Mobile Virtual Network Operator moving network.

Does anyone know how this could be done ?
    Originally posted by Im just careful
    Lycamobile has switched networks in a number of other countries in which it operates. If you're looking at how it can be done from a technical point of view, this would be a good example to look at.
    • mcgills38
    • By mcgills38 8th Sep 13, 7:13 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    mcgills38
    Ridiculous comment.
    Newish member, lover of technology and all things mobile
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 8th Sep 13, 7:37 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    Ridiculous comment.
    Originally posted by mcgills38
    How so, all I'm saying is that I can understand an easier accent easier than I can understand a Scottish accent...?
    • NFH
    • By NFH 8th Sep 13, 8:22 PM
    • 4,296 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    NFH
    A mild Scottish accent is probably the clearest accent in the English speaking world, unlike the accents of most Indian call centre workers who not only have problems making themselves understood to customers but also understanding what customers are saying to them. We're not talking about strong Scottish accents such as Rab C Nesbitt's.
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 8th Sep 13, 9:00 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    A mild Scottish accent is probably the clearest accent in the English speaking world, unlike the accents of most Indian call centre workers who not only have problems making themselves understood to customers but also understanding what customers are saying to them. We're not talking about strong Scottish accents such as Rab C Nesbitt's.
    Originally posted by NFH
    Maybe it's just me then.

And i'm sorry for taking the thread off topic and if i offended anyone. Was not my intention to do so
  • Earthworm
    Maybe it's just me then.

And i'm sorry for taking the thread off topic and if i offended anyone. Was not my intention to do so
    I don't personally have any issues with what you said in-fact with stronger Scottish accents I struggle too. I find this with some Indian, Irish, Yorkshire and Welsh accents. It isn't meant to offend it's just the accents I am used to and the differences in dialect.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

321Posts Today

1,130Users online

Martin's Twitter