Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackMar
    • By JackMar 25th Aug 13, 5:59 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JackMar
    Husky heat pumps - has any one else had issues
    • 25th Aug 13, 5:59 PM
    Husky heat pumps - has any one else had issues 25th Aug 13 at 5:59 PM
    This post has been deleted - issue resolved by Husky
    Last edited by JackMar; 17-08-2016 at 4:43 PM. Reason: Want to delete
Page 2
    • Preseli Girl
    • By Preseli Girl 4th Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Preseli Girl
    Fraud comes to mind...and other issues with Husky
    From the start the unit has been a disappointment... It has been difficult to near impossible to contact them and get a positive proactive response,the phrase Customer service is not in their vocabulary. Grab your money and run does.

1. Husky took the deposit out of my account BEFORE I had received the contract to sign. That was 8 days before I signed the contract. (They already had my bank details because I paid them £100 for the survey.)

2. It was pointed out to me later that the room sizes the surveyor had keyed in were inaccurate which may have been how they came up with calculations showing a low (fake) Heat Loss figure. These calculations showed I would save money and be warm.

3. The commissioning certificate, which I found slotted inside the handover pack, was signed off 26 May 2016. The Husky installation team did not arrive on site until 28 June- the pump was commissioned on 1 July 2016.

4. The figures for current heating costs in the tables I was given by Husky, were inaccurate. Again this served to show a greater inflation of the savings over a period of 15 years.

5. Husky 'installed' two 200 litre water tanks in my loft. They unscrewed my own loft boards which they used to support the tanks. Because the weight was not properly distributed, my ceiling started to sag and I have cracks in the upstairs ceiling because of the weight. They brought a structural surveyor to tell me it was ok and that I should get some Polyfilla.

This is a list of only a few of the problems I encountered. Another good source of help is Helen Dewdney, 'The Complaining Cow'. But the question is, how do they get away with it?
    • Gwynfryn
    • By Gwynfryn 15th Dec 17, 5:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gwynfryn
    I’ve been searching for the costs of maintenance and servicing since Husky have increased their costs substantialy. We had a contract, just under £200 pa but they have now raised it to a single contract costing more than £600 pa. Maybe this is because of the difficulties mentioned. Sadly/or not we’ve had our system for 5 years now and only ever had one problem which was sorted out quickly! The increase seems a lot. Has anyone any information about ASHP servicing costs from other companies?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,674Posts Today

5,894Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin