Husky heat pumps - has any one else had issues

Options

Comments

• Bun04
    Bun04 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I am having dreadful problems with my Husky heat pump. Inefficient running and huge energy bills. How do I contact HIES to make a claim against Husky?
  • Alan_lynn
    Options
    I was having issues with my husky heat pump and I found out they gone but lucky enough I have found two of the engineers
  • Leicesterwheels
    Options
    Main engineer at husky heatpumps was called Alan lynn. Suppose could be more than 1 Alan lynn
  • Alan_lynn
    Options
    So you know my nephew as well. he and another engineer are trying to help the husky customers out.
  • Terrycossey
    Options
    Hello Alan, could you please give me your phone number, so that I can speak to you. My ashp is not producing any heat for for my heating, but is producing heat for our hot water!!
    Regards Terry

My home phone number is 01495248003
  • Alan_lynn
    Options
    Info@theheatpumpdoctor.co.uk
    Hope this helps
  • Graeme_McD
    Graeme_McD Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 May 2018 at 9:53AM
    Options
    I was due to have my system removed and get my money back when Husky went out of business.
    It had never worked properly and the bills were extreme 5k in 18 month.
    I thought when they went i was done for- but through a section 75 claim against my credit card got all my money back. I bought it May 2016 so its still worth a go if you can prove it never worked properly - which was easy in my case thru so many emails

The system is now removed and i went to tank gas as it was easy to get installed comparatively.

I now have a system uninstalled and sitting in my garage - if anyone wants to make an offer for it for parts it needs a new heat exchanger in one of the units -i'll try and offset some of the electric costs now but i wouldn't be difficult to deal with

The problem with my system i think was it was not up to the required capacity to heat the house so was always chasing the temperature so was over running - hence the electric bill

I feel sorry for the staff at Husky who are out of pocket. I seen the liquidation paperwork and they lost our personally a fair bit.
    Alans a good guy and its really good of them to try and help sort out the mess that the previous management (MK) got this into

There needs to be more regulation and consumer protection of this market as HIES couldn't get involved in my case as Husky wasn't with them when i bought the system RECC wouldn't help as they had left their group, they devolved themselves of any responsibility and were useless and the installation insurance company were unhelpful
    If you bought on credit card give it a try - Good Luck
  • Hfranco2018
    Options
    Would I recommend Husky? I don't know that brand... but
    I highly recommend Midea, Daikin systems.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Would I recommend Husky? I don't know that brand... but
    I highly recommend Midea, Daikin systems.

Having just joined, earlier this month you posted this question:
    Which brand of mini split is best?
    icon1.gif I have to choose between... Aircon vs Midea
    What do you recommend me to buy?

Mmmm
  • Pee'd_off
    Options
    The battle continues! Husky went tits up on the 2/2/18 we had been onto them about the very high running costs up to 3 or 4 times the estimated costs from day one, also the failure to keep the house warm due the heat generated by ASHP not getting from the tank to the radiators. Now 4 months on we care dealing with Safe world insurance, they are almost as difficult to work with as Husky were. An independent engineer came out looked at the system and recommended it was scrapped. Safe world didn't like this idea, and then sent in The heatpump Doctor, a company registered on the 20/02/18 by two ex Husky employees. To give Lloyd and Allen. Their due they came promptly and have made a small improvement but the system they say requires a new PCB controller . To our utter amazement we have discovered that the PCB is coming from China where apparently the ASHP were manufactured. Had we known this fact from the start we'd never have touched Husky in the place. Husky lead us to believe all manufacturing was in the UK. The scam continues, consumer protection hah!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback