Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Anonymous1990
    Help! I don't have an Overdraft but gone Overdrawn a lot!! (Gambling)
    • 9th May 13, 12:42 AM
    Help! I don't have an Overdraft but gone Overdrawn a lot!! (Gambling) 9th May 13 at 12:42 AM
    Hi,

I've got myself in a huge mess. I don't have an overdraft facility but I have gone severely over and I'm really anxious and worried about what is going to happen to me.

I am registered to a betting site using PayPal, when I deposit it takes 2-3 days to come out of my Bank Account because it takes quite a while but I get the funds credited to my Betting Account instantly. I had 100 in my Bank Account but deposited it to a Betting Account in a desperate attempt to lose money. I lost my 100 and checked my Bank Account and realised it had not came out. I then deposited a further 100 in a desperate attempt to win my 100 back which also lost and I proceeded to do this a few times over until I lost 700!!

I really don't know what came over me, I had a moment of madness and now my Natwest Bank Account is due to go -600 Overdrawn even though I don't have an Overdraft Facility. What is going to happen to me and my Bank Account? Can I go to Prison for using Bank Funds that don't belong to me? Will my bank send debt collectors? I'm in a major panic and literally shaking and trembling in fear.

I realise I was a complete idiot to do what I did, I have deleted my Betting Account and have learnt my lesson and will never ever return to anything similar as long as I live.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

1,343Users online

Martin's Twitter