Beware of unnecessary payment hikes - Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Curiously NADA666 seems to have gone very quiet since I posted how my usage works and proved my payments are correct.

Strange that!
  • maxtweenie
    maxtweenie Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Simon7685 wrote: »
    Curiously NADA666 seems to have gone very quiet since I posted how my usage works and proved my payments are correct.

Strange that!

Maybe the troll is getting fed on another thread? ;)
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My e-mail response today from Scottish Power was unsatisfactory.

I could continue to battle as I have always needed to do and win as I always have against them.

But, after giving them custom for 2 months short of 13 years, I think it's time for me to stop wasting my time with them and find a new supplier, already have one in mind if their deal stays open for the next few weeks.

As I also deal with my parents account who actually spend 50% more than I do per year, needless to say that Scottish Power will be losing two customers.

For any ongoing suffering Scottish Power customers, look out for this trend.....

1. Submit your complaint

2. Get a reply from one of their foreign employees

3. This reply will answer the bit that might help them justify their actions slightly. They blatantly ignore the other parts of your complaint that have a real bearing on your intended outcome.

4. You may reply back highlighting this and find they ignore the key details a 2nd time.

5. You escalate your complaint to a UK based employee.

6. They judge the overall complaint and generally agree with yourself and apologise for the foreign employees actions. Depending on how bad your experience has been - they may make a goodwill payment.

Last year with my last complaint, I dealt with a Senior Complaint Advisor from the Chief Executive Department. I initially dealt with her via e-mail and then towards the end a few phone calls. She was very helpful but admitted that their biggest problem was their foreign staff when it comes to complaints. Just over a year on and nothing has changed.

They can employ foreign staff if they want but if they keep getting ones that can't read then their problems will never end.
  • Simon7685
    Options
    I can't blame you at all for moving, I think I would have run out of patience before now to be honest. Trouble is I think they are about the same when it boils down to it.

The bottom line is they do not like it when someone knows their own account and can work things out for themselves. It means they can't con you with their usual BS.......
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simon7685 wrote: »
    I can't blame you at all for moving, I think I would have run out of patience before now to be honest. Trouble is I think they are about the same when it boils down to it.

The bottom line is they do not like it when someone knows their own account and can work things out for themselves. It means they can't con you with their usual BS.......

You're right, they really do hate it.

You would laugh at the e-mail I got today - they changed the figures from the figures they used on 1/5/13 to justify my new payment.

I pointed out their attempt to lie and said I would find a new supplier that I can trust.

I know there is no guarantee of finding that in this market but you can't get much worse than a company like Scottish Power than blatantly lie so often.

Ever since my account went online, I have always submitted my readings on the 1st of the month and they don't like to see someone that actually knows how their account works.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    It's clear from all the threads on here at the moment that Scot Power win the knuts award ( a real honour when in such formidable competition with other energy companies)

I'd just add that with my complaint last year, everything was handled by staff based in UK, and the same patterns were seen. As I suppose the foreign workers are trained to deal with queries and complaints in this way by Scot Power, and have virtually no power, discretion or job security, our ire should be aimed at the UK operations of Scot Power.

I find it astonishing that presumably literate and numerate Scot Power employees can so often not comprehend what is being said to them, nor provide a satisfactory comprehensive response to queries. Would it be paranoid to believe that there is wilful misunderstanding and obfuscation practised?

And all, of course, under the wise guidance and regulation of the Energy Ombudsman and Ofgem, which bodies are according to themselves impartial and independent
  • Simon7685
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    You're right, they really do hate it.

You would laugh at the e-mail I got today - they changed the figures from the figures they used on 1/5/13 to justify my new payment.

I pointed out their attempt to lie and said I would find a new supplier that I can trust.

No........... A big energy supplier lie to customers and fudge figures to suit their own ends in raising payment amounts.......... Surely Not:eek:

I can't believe it:rotfl:!!!!!!!

It is entirely untrue to say that they calculated my monthly payment and included a debit balance after the payment had been taken which actually meant I was back in credit..........

We must stop telling all these shocking stories as after all, they care about us as customers and show a duty of care in making sure we don't get into debt.............

We should show them some gratitude, as after all in doing that they make sure they have hundreds of pounds of our money to offset against the future use, they are only thinking of our welfare and the money is nice and safe in their bank account after all:D
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive actually had the same thing happen except last year we used 6629 units of energy, this year after submitting our reading and then estimating that we will use 6244, they have jacked up the DD by 70%.
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • Simon7685
    Options
    I hope you have told them to stick the increase where the sun doesn't shine!

400 units less estimated usage and payments up 70% that's priceless:T:rotfl::T
  • flusk
    flusk Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Similar experience here.

Email last Fri with 40% hike on DD after 6 months with SP. Called helpline and received callback 2 hours later from a very polite and calm CSR, who unfortunately was also powerless to do anything. Raised a 'complaint' and was called back today immediately offering to re-instate my original DD.

In the meantime I had done some back of the envelope calculations showing that I needed to be paying around 15% more to achieve a zero balance in November because of the longer cold weather spell this winter. So I was in the slightly surreal position of telling them I wanted to pay a bit more - which of course they were quite happy to accept!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure