Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr Doovde
    • By Mr Doovde 4th Jan 13, 3:20 PM
    • 287Posts
    • 435Thanks
    Mr Doovde
    0 WOW
    The Sun 9.50 holidays, JAN 2013 code words and final word cracking thread
    • 4th Jan 13, 3:20 PM
    0 WOW
    The Sun 9.50 holidays, JAN 2013 code words and final word cracking thread 4th Jan 13 at 3:20 PM
    Post the code words here daily and I will update the opening post each day with the new word. Obviously this is only of use to the Priority bookers who don't need to actually send in the tokens. We require 10 code words in all which we should have by Saturday the 12th if we can crack the last word before the paper comes out.

1. Bonus code : LAND
    2. Sat Jan 5th : POOL
    3. Sun Jan 6th : YEAR
    4. Mon Jan 7th : WISH
    5. Tue Jan 8th : TALK
    6. Wed Jan 9th : MEAL
    7. Thu Jan 10th : TONE
    8. Fri Jan 11th : HOPE
    9. Sat Jan 12th : SONG
    10. Sun Jan 13th : MARE

Booking Website www.ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk

Your Priority code or Unique reference number is the one top right on your Sun Holidays Letter XXXXXXX/XXX
    Last edited by Mr Doovde; 12-01-2013 at 6:51 PM.
    Joovce, Joovce you want me to spell, it's a J, V, C.
Page 1
    • By 3010 5th Jan 13, 7:47 AM
    • 5,207 Posts
    • 66,770 Thanks
    • 5th Jan 13, 7:47 AM
    • 5th Jan 13, 7:47 AM
    Today's password is POOL. Thanks to Nudge on the paper thread.
  • tokicat
    • 5th Jan 13, 9:08 AM
    • 5th Jan 13, 9:08 AM
    Is this for people that got sent a letter. I got a letter because I booked the Disneyland one last year and wondered if it meant you can choose actual dates as we would like to book a Europe one?

Thank you for doing this thread x
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 2014 #204 Target 100

Making Big Financial Changes
  • catgirl06
    • 5th Jan 13, 10:26 AM
    • 5th Jan 13, 10:26 AM
    Yes you can book online using the priority code that was sent with the letter

Is this for people that got sent a letter. I got a letter because I booked the Disneyland one last year and wondered if it meant you can choose actual dates as we would like to book a Europe one?

Thank you for doing this thread x
    Originally posted by tokicat
    • Mr Doovde
    • By Mr Doovde 5th Jan 13, 11:38 AM
    • 287 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Mr Doovde
    • 5th Jan 13, 11:38 AM
    • 5th Jan 13, 11:38 AM
    Today's password is POOL. Thanks to Nudge on the paper thread.
    Originally posted by 3010
    Cheers for that
    • marcellep
    • By marcellep 5th Jan 13, 1:28 PM
    • 1,655 Posts
    • 1,116 Thanks
    marcellep
    • 5th Jan 13, 1:28 PM
    • 5th Jan 13, 1:28 PM
    Thanks book marked page
    If I have been helpful - Hit the Thanks button
    • Clairey_C
    • By Clairey_C 5th Jan 13, 1:49 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    Clairey_C
    • 5th Jan 13, 1:49 PM
    • 5th Jan 13, 1:49 PM
    Is this the thread we will be code cracking on???
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 5th Jan 13, 2:43 PM
    • 20,886 Posts
    • 24,217 Thanks
    jellyhead
    • 5th Jan 13, 2:43 PM
    • 5th Jan 13, 2:43 PM
    Originally posted by Clairey_C
    Hope so

There are 5454 words in my list!
    52% tight
    • Mr Doovde
    • By Mr Doovde 5th Jan 13, 5:39 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Mr Doovde
    • 5th Jan 13, 5:39 PM
    • 5th Jan 13, 5:39 PM
    Originally posted by Clairey_C
    Yes we may as well, no need for a seperate thread for that.
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 5th Jan 13, 6:32 PM
    • 20,886 Posts
    • 24,217 Thanks
    jellyhead
    Has anyone else got an excel file with the macro?

I've got an old one. I think I've managed to update it to do ten code words, but I've never done this before so I might have done it wrong. Also, you have to press the button for each word, does anyone technical know how to get it to press the button for itself?
    52% tight
  • turfey21
    I have had a priority booking reference through the post and the bonus code on it is LAND.

Last year we holidayed in the UK but this year we are hoping to go to either Disneyland Paris or Italy as our daughter is older and will be easier to travel abroad with.

Any recommendations for parks in Disneyland and Italy?
  • MickeyTT30
    Wonder if the next codes will be talk meal tone ....like three years ago abit of a coincidence that the first two are the same?
    • jenand8285
    • By jenand8285 6th Jan 13, 12:01 AM
    • 267 Posts
    • 623 Thanks
    jenand8285
    Sorry to sound dim, but are the codes all the same nationwide? So everyone can get codes here instead of buying the paper? It just seems too easy. I have a priority booking form & I have bought todays paper. I have never managed to get a sun holiday because I always forget to keep getting the paper. Wish I had known about this thread.
  • turfey21
    Sorry to sound dim, but are the codes all the same nationwide? So everyone can get codes here instead of buying the paper? It just seems too easy. I have a priority booking form & I have bought todays paper. I have never managed to get a sun holiday because I always forget to keep getting the paper. Wish I had known about this thread.
    Originally posted by jenand8285
    Yes you can get the code words here, the first person to look at the code in the paper puts the code word up here and then we all try and crack the last code the night before.

I will put the code up for today's paper when I nip to the shops in a bit unless someone else puts it up beforehand
  • BornEntertainer
    Has someone changed the excel file to accommodate 10 fields rather than the previous 8 fields and checked it works, obviously if it isn't done properly the words won't enter themselves into the right boxes.

If so can someone post a link to download it please.
  • BornEntertainer
    Also...

I am wondering that the last code is released is in the Sunday paper, will they still open the booking site on Saturday evening for us to get 'cracking'? Previously it has been a work night, they open it up about 18.30 but will there be anyone to do it this time??? Hmmmmmm :-/
  • stec707
    The token for today is YEAR
  • StePen
    sun holiday codewords 2013
    Sundays 6th january 2013 word is: year
    :-)
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 6th Jan 13, 10:32 AM
    • 20,886 Posts
    • 24,217 Thanks
    jellyhead
    Has someone changed the excel file to accommodate 10 fields rather than the previous 8 fields and checked it works, obviously if it isn't done properly the words won't enter themselves into the right boxes.

If so can someone post a link to download it please.
    Originally posted by BornEntertainer
    I don't know if mine works because the site's not open yet, so it takes me to the website then nothing else.

It's the one we used last time, which we changed from 8 items to 7 iirc? It keeps saying it's converting the file, probably because my version of excel is ancient? I don't know how to put it somewhere to download but I could email it to you if you pm me your email address?
    52% tight
  • Ramnial1
    Codes
    The codes are not appearing could you re list them please
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,223Posts Today

6,337Users online

Martin's Twitter