IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS - Claim Form

Options
Hi All :wave:

I'm a long term lurker who has recently signed up for some advice for with UKCPS Claim Form...

Back at the beginning on the year me, my partner and my disabled grandmother stopped off at a shopping outlet (after hours) to pick up a takeaway. She stayed in the car and as it was so late we didn't think to put her blue badge up.

My partner and I popped in to the restaurant and by the time we came back we had a lovely little letter from UKCPS on the windscreen. My grandmother was asleep and hadn't even noticed :(My partner's car has quite dark tints on the back so she probably wasn't even seen.

I remembered reading something on my weekly MSE email about private parking companies and after a bit of a googling session we came to the conclusion to just ignore it.

We've had a few letters since demanding payment but this morning we have received the dreaded Claim Form.... It has a printed Northampton CC stamp aswell as Mr Hasbeen's signature typed.

What's the next step? We definitely do not want to give this scumbag anymoney!!

Lola.

Comments

• BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    edited 20 July 2012 at 6:21PM
    Options
    Right Lola Glad you have come here. Dont worry you are in good hands and safe from Hasbeen

Your first steps are thus:

Acknowledge the claim first of and asking extra time to sort your defence out etc. You can do this online

Next i would suggest registering on pepipoo and posting details up there. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

You need to speak to someone called Alexis on there (hes on here as AlexisV, same person) And give him the details of the claim. ( http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showuser=15638 )

Watch what you say on here as Haswell watches these forums like the hawk. Once he sees you have a good defence he should hopefully give up but even if he doesnt a full defence should see him off

Just make sure you acknowledge the claim straight away and stick to the time scales
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The ppc's seem to be in a bit of a flap at the moment, are they trying to beat last years record I wonder ?
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe they are trying to get up to 36000, so the BPA can say we did not lie to the government?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ""It has a printed Northampton CC stamp aswell as Mr Hasbeen's signature typed.""
    Have you checked with Northampton to see if its a genuine claim??
    If so follow the advice above about pepipoo.com. Beware of any emails from anyone who is not a known regular on here or pepipoo. 500-1000 posts or more would see you safe.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hasbeen is trying for one last big pay-day before he retires into the sun. He is using the theory that if he wastes money on 99 failed claims, if the 1 claim he is successful at he can shout that he's a winner.
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Hasbeen is trying for one last big pay-day before he retires into the sun. He is using the theory that if he wastes money on 99 failed claims, if the 1 claim he is successful at he can shout that he's a winner.

We would never hear the last of it would we ?
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    ""It has a printed Northampton CC stamp aswell as Mr Hasbeen's signature typed.""
    Have you checked with Northampton to see if its a genuine claim??

If so follow the advice above about pepipoo.com. Beware of any emails from anyone who is not a known regular on here or pepipoo. 500-1000 posts or more would see you safe.
    This, of course, is how a moneyclaimonline claim form would appear. The "stamp", or official seal, will have the words "Northampton CCBC" in it. The OP should be able to log onto the MCOL website using the details and password disclosed on the form if it is genuine.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think his new ploy is the scatter gun effect issue a few and hope for defaults, he has dropped a couple lately when a defence has been entered.
    His lastest list of victories are all defaults, one of course which he had to remove when it was set aside!

However win or lose the company loses anyway financially so its purely an ego trip for the silly fellow!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HO87 wrote: »
    This, of course, is how a moneyclaimonline claim form would appear. The "stamp", or official seal, will have the words "Northampton CCBC" in it. The OP should be able to log onto the MCOL website using the details and password disclosed on the form if it is genuine.
    That is what I wanted to fully make sure, not unknown to send copies.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    However win or lose the company loses anyway financially so its purely an ego trip for the silly fellow!

He is 'buying' the ability to truthfully tell his future victims that he has won xxx times in court...so it's not an ego trip but a relatively sensible business decision [imo].
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure