Anybody else's Dida data SIM stopped working

Options
GoGas
GoGas Posts: 73 Forumite
Many have taken up the Didamobile.com data SIM offer for iPads etc.. This was £39 prepay for 3GB data (no voice) for 6 months on website. The SIMs were also on offer for £30 via ebay. Mine worked fine for first 3 weeks and has now stopped working "No Service" and I see the offer had been withdrawn from website. No response from customer service yet. Thought it was my SIM or iPad but it appears wider than that as others have reported it stopping working about the same time http://goo.gl/HgLo7 . Looks as though they may have unilaterally stopped the service even though has been paid for.

Anybody Dida data 18GB/6month SIM still working?

Comments

• Hammer_Slammer
    Options
    All the three 3g data sims from the virtual networks/ resellers have been pulled or have substantial (i.e £100+) price increase on ebay, its not just didamobile.

It may be just a glitch, hopefully!
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    My DiDa Mobile sim seems to be working just fine.
  • John_E_3
    Options
    I bought a DiDa SIM for Three mobile broadband (18GB over 6 months) on eBay. It was activated on 3 Feb 2012 and stopped working 8 April 2012. My usage up to that point was within the advertised 3GB/month cap.
  • gmoorc
    gmoorc Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Bought my 6x3GB sim last week which has also stopped working.
    Just shows no service on my IPad.
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2012 at 6:59PM
    Options
    Mine stopped working Saturday. Had to top up my old THREE sim.

Can't be a signal problem - cos they use the same network.

Just about to email seller.

I only paid around £25 for 6 months of 3gb, but only had just under a months use
  • GoGas
    Options
    Most seem who have stopped working seem to have reported this during the first few days of April. This looks like that the cards and/or service has been deactivated by Dida. I have had no reply from customer services and my guess those replying to this thread are tip of iceberg. I would suggest that we all individually register a complain with OFCOM - not sure which section but I guess under Mobile Services Mis-selling as we have purchased a service that they appear to have withdrawn ( at least one person has been advised to seek refund from the person who sold the prepay DiDa SIM). OFCOM will not deal with individual complaints but broader issues and a number from different individuals would seem to come under this remit.

The direct link to the relevant OFCOM complaints page is http://goo.gl/ZFNbg
  • reclusive46
    Options
    Am I the only person who's sim card is still working?
  • GoGas
    Options
    Reclus

You seem the only one who has said yours is still working. Did you get yours via eBay or direct from Dida? Wonder if this makes any difference?

Personally ordered 1gb/month for 3 Network direct for 3 months (90 days) from 7dayshop £13 micro-SIM (via Amazon) as unlikely to use more than 1 GB per month via 3G anyway so cost will work out the same. If I don't get refund via eBay will lodge dispute via PayPal
  • reclusive46
    Options
    GoGas wrote: »
    Reclus

You seem the only one who has said yours is still working. Did you get yours via eBay or direct from Dida? Wonder if this makes any difference?

Personally ordered 1gb/month for 3 Network direct for 3 months (90 days) from 7dayshop £13 micro-SIM (via Amazon) as unlikely to use more than 1 GB per month via 3G anyway so cost will work out the same. If I don't get refund via eBay will lodge dispute via PayPal

I got mine off Ebay from Littlecube2010.
  • GoGas
    Options
    I got mine off Ebay from Littlecube2010.

I emailed Littlecube, where I also got mine, a few days ago. It not yet heard anything but will see what happens after Easter.
    You must be the lucky one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport