Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    trudij
    Parking Eye - Always a scam??
    • 28th Jan 12, 8:02 PM
    Parking Eye - Always a scam?? 28th Jan 12 at 8:02 PM
    Ive got a letter/invoice from this lot today, and reading on here about them - im not sure if i should pay up or ignore...

Basically, they have got me as arriving at a hotel at one time, and leaving 4 1/2 hours later (fair cop - I was late leaving cos i didnt keep a good enough eye on the time) I paid for 4 hours parking (by phone, so no ticket) and wasted 20 mins attempting to register to use the phone pay system (didnt have enough change for the car park!) not that it makes any difference to the fact that i was late out!!

this letter/invoice ive got says that i was in a private car park and either didnt buy a ticket or overstayed my welcome and to cough up 90 by Feb 8th or it will go up to 120.

This is fair enough - I read the sign, thought I was ok, forgot the time at the party I was at - and left late.

BUT

Everything I have read on here (even when people have been late leaving and admit to being late out) says to ignore these letters and it will all just go away eventually??

so which should I do?? (besides take a lot more notice of the time in future) I cant afford the 90, let alone 120 - so if its "pay up and learn" then i need to do that sooner rather than later...

please help someone stupid!!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,507Posts Today

6,570Users online

Martin's Twitter