PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to hear Docky is feeling better MrsLW. It's amazing how quickly they can bounce back after worrying their pet parents terribly!

The swallows have arrived here, well at the farm. They were first spotted last weekend doing their dam busters moves over the farm cats. You can actually see the cat's fur flattening as they dive overhead. :)
    My mother also had a visit from one who flew into the utility room when she was going into the house. She said it seemed to screech to a halt mid air, turned around and headed back outside at the same breakneck speed. Life is certainly far more interesting once our summer visitors arrive!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi SM we've one field here that they love to hawk over in the early evenings, it's been down to hay meadow for as long as I've been here so has a really good mix of grasses and wild flowers which really seems to suit insect life. I love to stand on the track beside as it's getting dusky and watch the swallows skimming the surface and swooping up to dive down again, so beautiful to watch!!!

Docky is perfectly OK today, the only thing I can think is the new treat we gave him had some unlisted ingredients in it which had really upset his gut poor old boy, all better now though, thank you, Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Weather has been lovely here today, and a pleasure just to walk in the sunshine.

Lyn, poor Docky he does seem to be in the wars recently, but pleased he is feeling better now.

DD1 took us out for a carvery yesterday after a hospital appointment. It was a lovely treat for us, and I know she does it to show how much appreciates what we do. She doesn't have to do it, she is our daughter and we would do anything for her.

I thought I was being really clever today. I had a M&S voucher for £15 off a shop (for clothes and beauty). It is my brother in law's birthday in June so I thought it was a good opportunity, and Himself needed a couple of short sleeved shirts and of course I found something I wanted. Went to the checkout with my voucher, and found it doesn't come into effect until Sunday. Anyway the assistant was lovely, and she has reserved them for me until Monday, how embarrassed was I ?

Himself is not sleeping very well at the moment, so if he becomes really restless he goes into the other room. Last night I didn't even know he had gone. I know I am very lucky because I sleep really well, five minutes with my head on the pillow and I am away lol.

Usual chores in the morning,and quick visit to Mr. T, then DD1, pop into see sister and brother in law, they live same side of the city as DD1, and then home ready to cut the lawns.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Much love
    Candlelight x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning everyone, wonderful day here again and I'm hoping you've all got the nice weather too and that's why we've gone a bit quiet on this little thread. We've been to a bootfair this morning and spent not very much cash and come home with some lovely things including a bouncy chair and a floor gym for the Zebra child. He Who Knows has headed for the lottie but I don't think he'll be there long as it really is hot outside when you're in the sun. DD1 is out running a DofE assessment weekend today and tomorrow so I hope the weather tomorrow isn't going to be as wet as they think it will or they'll all be drownded ratties by the time they get back to school. Hope you are all well and happy and just busy and enjoying life, Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well it has been a another lovely day, I could get used to this. Himself cut the lawns and I busied myself with jobs around the house. We went for a short walk before breakfast and that was so nice. Hardly anyone about, probably still asleep.

DGS starts his mock A levels tomorrow, I hope he does well, he seems reasonably confident. He has a photographic memory which helps him with some subjects but probably not all, especially if they haven't covered it during term time. He was born with dyspraxia, where part of the brain doesn't develope fully in the womb. We were told there were things he would never be able to do. He has overcome all these hurdles and achieved everything he set out to do. His science teachers are talking Oxford, although I know it is extremely difficult to get in, he seems keen. We will see :) We are so proud of him.

Garden is sort of in between at the moment. The bluebells and lily of the valley have finished and look a bit untidy, and just waiting for the summer flowers to bloom. I have 2 magnificent clematis in bloom, one of which I bought many years ago when I was at work in my lunch hour for £1.99 and it has never failed to bloom. The other one was a present last year and has enormous purple blooms and is beautiful.

I hope everyone is OK. As Lyn says it is quiet but it goes like this doesn't it especially when the weather is good.

FTM I hope you and the girlies are OK and busy on the allotment.

AOT are you running around like a spring chicken now? I do hope so.:)

SM, Charlies-Aunt, Kate hope you are all well.

VJ's Mum I know you must OK because I have seen your other posts.

Hoglet it seems strange we are just starting our good weather (hopefully) and you are now in your Autumn.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone, but much love to everyone who reads this thread.

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Back to Monday morning here - it feels like it's always Monday! I've been reading the thread over the weekend, but like to give myself a break from the computer so haven't been posting. Such a faff to post from the phone!

Candlelight - yes it really takes some getting used to. Having always had a summer birthday I can't say I'm impressed having it in the middle of winter now! The weather has been strange - very cold Friday night and Saturday and very warm yesterday!

We had a busy weekend - out with some friends on Friday night but boy was it chilly. Saturday DH was reffing rugby and I had 5 layers on watching him, brrrrr! The match went well and I fitted in a long run afterwards. It's the longest I've done since getting back to running and I only walked a small bit owing to a very dodgy road surface and trying not to get runover... Got back to find DH hanging out the washing, about 2 minutes after he'd discovered that OOOPS, I managed to put his phone and wallet through the wash. 2 days in a box of rice and the phone is working again tho PHEW!

Saturday evening I made what I think of as 'free pie'. It's not free at all of course, but my saving up all the little bits of meat left on a chicken carcass when I make stock, about once a month I have enough for a pie. Mixed with veg and topped with mashed potato it fed us Saturday and Sunday dinners.

Sunday was warm! I spent a lovely afternoon reading my book in the garden. Managed to leave my kindle at work on Friday as I'd been charging it, so I dug out a book I'd bought about 2 years ago and never got round to reading. And what a gem it is! It's about 2 kiwis walking unsupported to the South Pole, absolutely fascinating and good humour too. Almost finished it, so I'll have to have an unsociable lunch break and get it finished I think.

Drama on Sunday morning - we had the police doing a welfare check on our neighbour. He went on holiday 3 weeks ago and no one has heard from him since. He'd left us a key for the garage so DH went with the police to open the house but the internal door into the house was locked so it wasn't much use. Hopefully he's just having a bit of peace and quiet somewhere, he's a nice chap so hope nothing bad has happened to him.

Well that's just about all our news I think. Hope everyone is well and the weather is being good to you.

Hoglet x
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you had a good weekend.

We would appear to be off to a good start here this week with a lovely sunny day. Two in a row is a real treat. The forecast for yesterday had been terrible so it was a real surprise to get a nice sunny, blowy day. Just a bit frustrating for anyone who had based their plans on the torrential rain warnings :/

I spent most of yesterday in the garden although I don't have a whole lot to show for it. My plants seem a little confused by the seasons I think. I still have around 40 daffodils and tulips in full bloom . It's a small proportion of what I had overall but still seems very late. I don't remember having spring bulbs at the same time as my lilac and clematis being out however I could be wrong.

I think one of my raised beds is a disaster - I sowed out beetroot, parsnips, carrots and courgettes a month ago and there is no sign of anything so I'm guessing there has been frost. I'd like to replant now but hubby is adamant I should wait another week or so and see what happens. I feel I'm just losing another week of growing time although I'm going to have to buy seeds as I gave away what I had left over thinking I shouldn't need any more :(

No progress on the greenhouse. The bricks are here and the cement. Just need some sand now. Hopefully before month end.....

We had a surprise on Saturday evening when I spotted the pheasant in the garden heading one direction and then I saw him again very soon and thought it was a bit odd. It turns out there are two - identical - and a fight followed. Clearly one has staked claim to the garden as his territory and the other was an intruder. It was amazing to watch them fly at each other, feet out and wings flapping. Thankfully there seemed to be no casualties and the interloper hasn't been seen since!

Hoglet - I hope your neighbour is just having an extended break and turns up safe and well.

Candlelight - enjoy your return trip to M&S - at least the voucher hadn't expired :)
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Been rather busy in real life (what's new?!) but have had a glorious birthday weekend not doing a lot to even things up! The six year old will be seven at the end of the week, so it's all hands to the pump to tidy the house a bit before we are descended on by friends and family.

We may be having building work through the summer, loft conversion and knocking down a couple of walls downstairs, so after DS birthday, we will have to box up all sorts to store out of harm's way. I'm excited about having a bit more space, but not so excited about all the mess to come, but hey ho it has to be done! :eek::rotfl:

Hope you're all doing ok, will read back and post again later.

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good to see you Cheapskate. It was my birthday last weekend, so us Taureans must stick together. I had a lovely weekend as well.

I don't envy you the dust and mess of the building works, but how exciting. It will be like having a new house won't it, so well worth it in the end.

Hope 6 year old has a wonderful 7th birthday party.

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • ArthriticOldThing
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    We've had glorious weather for the last few days and it has just shown me how old I am - my first thought was not 'head for the beach' or some such thing, but - oooh I can get bedding and curtains washed to get it dry outside.:eek: Very sad!!
    Thanks candlelight for asking after me. The B12 seems to have done the trick as I feel much better than have done for ages though not quite running around like a spring chicken as the arthritis objects if I try that.:eek: But at least I can get out to the shops without suffering for 24 hours, and actually manage to do several things/chores in one day - its been one thing a day the collapse for sooo long. :j
    Am glad to hear you had a good birthday weekend and you as well cheapskate. My birthday is in middle of December so am lucky if it just doesn't snow! At least it has always been that way unlike you hoglet - I sympathise.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure