PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Well after yesterday's torrential rain we have bright blue skies today. They do say if you don't like the weather here to wait 20 minutes and it'll change. Went out for a run last night in lovely weather - 10 mins after I got back the heavens opened and we had torrential rain. DH had just put new wiper blades on my car for which I was very grateful, as I had to go out to take Alfie for his last vaccinations.

Speaking of which he seems to have had a bit of a reaction to them and is not his usual perky self. Rang the vet this morning who said to give him the day and if he's still off colour when we get home tonight to bring him in before they close.

Lots of house cleaning planned for the weekend - all very exciting I know! Will go out to see DH reffing his match but need to get a serious amount of tidying up and cleaning done. I really need to get our outdoor furniture treated for winter too.

Also pleased to note that the nice saucepan I had chosen for my birthday (I really love cooking) has 40% off this weekend so we shall be going to buy that too :-)

MLW - I vividly remember our annual trips to Exbury gardens when I was a child. As soon as you mentioned rhododendrons and azaleas I was sure that was it! I used to collect fallen petals on a stick, as I think all the kids did there. Do they still do that I wonder?

Have a good evening everyone :-)

Hoglet x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes they do HOGLET, little girls running round with rainbows on sticks are still making the trip a bit brighter when we go at this time of year. Poor Alfie, Zebra says he knows just how he feels and hopes he doesn't have a sore tummy and bottom like he does!!!
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm so pleased to hear that MLW - good to know that the old traditions carry on.

And please pass on Alfie's thanks to Zebra for his good wishes. Alfie has a lot of sympathy for Zebra as he too has a poorly tummy and a sore bottom. I took the afternoon off work to get home early and check on him and he really was not a very well boy at all. I won't describe exactly what I found but suffice to say I had to do 2 loads of washing. Took him off to the vets who said he'd suffered some side effects from the vaccinations, but that the fish he'd scrounged from the bins in the week probably didn't help. She injected him with some fluids right under the skin to hydrate him so he liked like a slightly leaky hunch back for a couple of hours, and he has some anti biotics. He's eaten a little bit of the food for upset tummies that the vet have him too. We have to take him back tomorrow if he hasn't improved. The hydration has made him feel a bit better but he's still not 100%
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's not easy being little these days is it? Poor Alfie, hope he's on the mend very quickly. DD says Zebra is better today and I am waiting for them to arrive for the weekend here, they set off just around 10 this morning and should arrive before 1 o clock. There are 6 cruise liners in at the same time in the docks at Southampton and it is the 10th anniversary of the launching of the Queen Mary II so we have Prince Phillip down as well, all of which is predicted to cause major congestion in the area, hope she doesn't get stuck in traffic as a consequence of it all as she's coming on her own with the baba as Hubs has a stag do to go to, can't wait for my cuddle with both of them, Lyn xxx.
  • ArthriticOldThing
    Options
    Hi candlelight. Yes I think the injections are helping with my exhaustion. I don't feel that am having to drag myself around all the time. I needed injections because my body had stopped producing the 'Intrinsic Factor' needed to absorb the B12 so no amount of tablets would help. The injections are not bad and I only have one to go.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Hoglet poor Alfie I hope he starts to feel better soon. I don't envy you the washing:)

Lyn you must be so excited (about Zebra, not Prince Philip):) We won't be hearing much from you over the weekend. Have a wonderful time and lots and lots of cuddles.

Much love to everyone

Candlelightx
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    AOT it is so good to hear from you, and so pleased the injections seem to be working for you. You never know this could be a turning point in your life.

There is nothing worse than feeling under par for such a long time and not know what is wrong with you. I was like that when my Mum died and I put it down to the stress and grief, sorting her bungalow out ready to sell, my age, everything, except I should have known what it was. Diabetes runs in our family and eventually I was almost crawling up the stairs to bed. I went to the Surgery Nurse and said I wanted a blood test and she asked why, and I told her I was sure I was diabetic, and of course I was. I should have known earlier with the family history.

Anyway I am on the straight and narrow now thank goodness.

Take care of yourself

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happiness is definately Zebra shaped, from much cuddling in the marsh, Lyn xxx.
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AOT, glad to hear the injections are helping.

Quiet night here tonight, OH is out for a meal in London with work colleagues so I have had a lovely veggie chilli (he doesn't do veggie food) with brown rice (ditto!), having a glass of homemade wine or two and will be in bed as soon as it's dark enough to put the ducks to bed!

Candlelight, it's wrong that you have to insist on getting tested for something but at least you stood up for yourself and got diagnosed.
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all..

MLW..o i hope baba ezra is getting over it now..bless him its not nice to have a sore bottom..and i am so glad they are coming to visit you..give him lots of hugs from us..we go to our local National Trust place and walk around the gardens this time of year..they have huge Rhodedendrons..the girls collect the petals and bring them home for painting and crafting with..enjoy your weekend..thank you.

AOT..i am so glad the jabs seem to be working hun..you just take it easy and let them work for you.

Hoglet..o poor puddy cat..when our puppy swallowed something he shouldn't have he was poorly..it got stuck in his bottom and we had to let nature take its course..with a little help from the vets fingers..you can imagine i bet...well the washing machine itself needed a wash..poor jack dog..hoping he is okay and feeling better..give him a hug from me and the girls.

Candlelight..i agree with Kate that you really shouldn't have to ask at the doctor's for tests they should offer them..but am so glad you did and things are working out for you..hugs from us to you..

Kate o enjoy your veggie chilli babe it sounds delish..

Vj's mum..lol iam paranoid about people being ill.. my house has smelt of zoflora for the past week..everything Simon touched got sprayed or washed..

Well its been quiet at flowertot mansion this week..keep on the school work and housework..i am shattered at times..
    The allotment is growing well..after all the rain we have had the weeds will be up and loving it..my rhubarb is ready so that will be picked and made into crumbles and pies..
    Our pond has suddenly sprung a leak..right on the corner of it..a little puddle on tuesday is now a big muddy puddle..will have to empty it out when the tadpoles have grown and find where it is..we have to put the fish in a paddling pool..its ok apart from the cats think its a free lunch and the heron has a field day..i will be covering it up with netting so they can't help themselves..
    My idea of waterproofing the girls playset for the garden seems to be paying off..i took much delight in watching the water run off it today and yesterday and the day before lol..
    I treated us all to some Cornish Clotted Cream Ice cream..ooh its so yummy,gorgeous..had it with some fruit for pudding..
    I am hoping everyone is ok..have a great weekend.
    love
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business