Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    InsideInsurance
    Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?
    • 9th Sep 11, 9:22 AM
    Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone? 9th Sep 11 at 9:22 AM
    Bought from an online retailer purely because they do next day delivery and the next day is the only time someone will be available for delivery.

Call the retailer to place the order because I know delivery is difficult at my address due to security gates and a complex buzzer system. Retailer speaks to Yodel (ex-DHL part) for the order and instruct them to call me to gain access to the property.

I have to go out unexpectedly the next day so call the depot at 9am, they say they will send a message to the driver giving the wifes mobile as she will be in all day.

10:58 failed delivery message with online tracker, no calls made to either phone. 11:10 get through to the depot who try to call the driver but cant get through so say they left a message instructing the driver to redelivery and to call the depot to confirm instructions.

4pm still no call so call the depot again. They call the driver again. They say the driver has both the telephone numbers, is doing the last collections and will then redeliver. ETA for delivery 6pm ish

6:38pm Tracking updates to returned to depot. Call depot at 6:40 told that the driver probably didnt have telephone numbers. Then said about other messages and woman says her 3 colleagues had probably not done what they had said.

Offered before 11am delivery. Explain reason for paying for next day was to get it the next day not the day after because wife is going on holiday and I am out for long hours with work. I say that they can deliver before 8:30am or after 7:30pm as their website state 7-9 deliveries. She laughs, says their website lies too! 9:30 is the earliest to my area and 6pm the latest.

I tell them to return the item to the retailer as it will be 2 weeks before the next time someone can wait in all day. She says ok.

Next morning? 8:30 - parcel out for delivery.

Can a company get any more incompetent?

Does anyone know the email structure for their senior management team? firstname.lastname@yodel.co.uk bounces.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,226Posts Today

6,255Users online

Martin's Twitter