Mis sold loan from wife.

Options
telboyo
telboyo Posts: 410 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 23 August 2011 at 6:14PM in Loans
The other day I borrowed a tenner from my wife's purse and said i'd give it back to her after I had been to the cashpoint.

Today she said I had to give it back to her but I replied that I had not been to the cashpoint as that used to be the trade mark of Llloyds' cash machines.

She said shut up and gimme the money or else- :jI think she is going to injure me if I don't pay up- like a protection racket- I don't want to purchase her payment:A protection - do you think this has been mis sold?

P.S I think she has got her own back because she blocked my car in with hers and said I could use hers to go to work- there was no petrol in hers so I paid.

Can I sue her for lending me a car with insufficient fuel or for the false imprisonment of my vehicle?

Please somebody tell me a way I can get out of paying her the money back. I have made £0.5 profit as I told her I put £50 in the car but it was only 49.50 ish.

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• Fathertobe
    Options
    Good luck buddy :)
    Been to hell and back and for once in my life I've done some growing up and aim to be debt free one day
  • tph86
    tph86 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    I would be careful dealing with Wife Finance as I have been using their services for the past year and my money is never usually available when I want it.

Also, if you default on your loan (which is 'whenever I say so' according to the T&C's I recieved) you automatically get a mark placed on your credit file for the remainder of your contract (again the 'til death do us part' clause of the agreement is quite bad compared to other companies APR)

However the other benefits outweigh the bad points (free child every 2 years or so depending on your loyalty points) so all in all I wouldn't switch to another lender just yet:)
  • nikki1520
    nikki1520 Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    I am an official representative of Wife Finance Plc and have permission to post.

I think you will agree that it important to adhere to all terms and conditions of the agreement. I would also point out that the t&cs may, or may not change on a lunar schedule, depending on the disposition of your personal banker.

Our rate of £50 in petrol in addition to the original borrowed sum equates to little more than commercial interest. Persistent late payers will fond that there are a range of sanctions available to WFI- not limited to withdrawal of domestic and personal services, as well as failure to purchase beer and pork pies at the supermarket!

( LOL, sorry, couldn't really resist joining in- was expecting the normal sob story of evil banks making poor people spend money and then expecting for it to be paid back- imagine the cheek!)
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    ask her for a copy of your agremeent lol, do as most and say not paying you
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Cash-Strapped.T32
    Options
    telboyo wrote: »
    or for the false imprisonment of my vehicle?

Did you receive a fine after WFI imprisoned your vehicle, or is it just an invoice disguised to look like a fine?
    I'd suggest you simply throw this "fine" in the bin & ignore any further correspondence as it's clearly a variation on the old clamp-scam, ooh it makes me so mad!! :mad:
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I met one of their debt collectors once. I advise caution if you choose to go down the statute barred route.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
  • skintandscared_2
    Options
    If you want a good rate of future interest, I'd basically do whatever she demands ;)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread member 244
    Quit smoking 13/05/2013
    Joined Slimming World 02/12/13. Loss so far = 60lb in 28 weeks :j 18lb to go :o
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    Options
    It's the 50p that swung it for me I'm afraid.
    You could have bought her a bag of Minstrels - sorry mate looks like you're scuppered :rotfl:
  • jojo1964
    jojo1964 Posts: 902 Forumite
    Options
    Watch out for the DCA involved with this company, PMT collections, they will make your life hell.
    Thankyou Sir Alex for 26 years
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    dca is called laptop & plasma smasher, also plates fly by
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure