Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > Top 10 Tesco Rewards Discussion (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Top 10 Tesco Rewards Discussion
Views: 30,350
Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Former MSE Penelope
Former Editorial Assistant
MoneySaving Stalwart

Convert vouchers to Tesco Rewards and they're worth up to three times the face value on deals such as restaurant vouchers, breakdown, magazine subscriptions and more. However, some deals are better than others.

See our TOP 10 TESCO REWARDS

and then click reply to discuss and add your alternatives or suggestions

Last edited by MSE Archna; 03-08-2011 at 1:06 PM.
Former MSE Penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
# 2
Daisy Bell
Old 03-08-2011, 6:20 PM
MoneySaving Convert

There is a big snag with this Tesco Summer Clubcard Voucher Exchange. I got 31 in Tesco vouchers today and it seems you can only double up the 5 vouchers or top up smaller denominations to make 5! I didn't get any 5 ones! I got 1 x 10, 1 x 12 & 1 x 9. Thus I can get 5 doubled up out of each voucher OK, but the rest of each voucher has to be put back into my clubcard account and carried over until the next payout! That means 16 worth of vouchers has to be carried over back to my account. They could have given me my vouchers in multiples of 5, but that's not how it works! Tesco is not daft! It is worked out how much it is gong to cost Tesco by experts! Martin's review on this made it sound as if one could simply double up on each voucher! Not so!

"Common Sense is really not so common!"
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 3
Eila Goss
Old 03-08-2011, 7:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default YHA vouchers for coupons

I have been exchanging my Tesco vouchers for YHA coupons, 3x their value (used to be 4 times at one stage). Only catch is you cant use as part of a group booking (10 or more) or Bank Holidays, otherwise as good as using money. You have to get your vouchers, find a place at a YHA and just send them off, adding a cheque for anything over and above the voucher value.
# 4
MillionKisses
Old 03-08-2011, 7:20 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Clubcard Double up

Daisy Bell, Your 10 and 12 vouchers can be doubled up to 1 x 20 in 1 catagory or 2 x 10 in two different catagories, hence only 2 having to be rolled back to your account(if you use the 12 voucher). Hope I've explained that properly
The Following User Says Thank You to MillionKisses For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
drkofglos
Old 04-08-2011, 7:21 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Best Western Breaks

We have used this 3 x voucher to value twice now and have got a weekend away for virtually 'free' (just adding a few pounds ) The Best Western Customer Services are brilliant you don't have to wait ages to get through the switchboard system and they do wait whilst you discuss options with freinds / other half whilst you're on the phone. Their strap line is true - their hotels do seem to have personality. Beware you do have to book early especially Summer months. Can't rate them highly enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to drkofglos For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
rojanich
Old 04-08-2011, 8:59 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Hotel Breaks and Restaurant vouchers

We use our Tesco vouchers mostly for Hotel Breaks and Restaurant Vouchers. Agree with drkofglos that Best Western bookings are brilliant. We just get the vouchers and contact the booking people to find where and when they have availability. We can usually get a hotel somewhere we want to visit but, yes, you do have to book early. We're lucky that we can go away pretty much whenever we want (retired) and so far this year we have had one 2 night and two 3 night B&Bs in good hotels (check Tripadvisor first !) costing us 18.
Combine with restaurant vouchers and you've got a really cheap short break. We hadn't been to Cafe Rouge for ages but had a great meal at Cheshire Oaks thanks to Tesco vouchers. Only cost us 30 for a three course meal with aperitifs, wine and coffee for two.
I know none of it's 'free' as you pay in other ways but as Tesco is always cheaper for our shopping basket we well pleased.
Jane
The Following User Says Thank You to rojanich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Daisy Bell
Old 04-08-2011, 9:05 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks MK. I must have misunderstood then. I don't think it was explained properly to me in th3 first place! So presumably I can also double up 5 of my 9 voucher, with the other 4 being credited back to my account then?

# 8
firespire
Old 04-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The article says Redspottedhanky has a 1 delivery fee but this appears to be incorrect because they say on their website front page -
Quote:
You won't be charged any credit or debit card fees nor will you be charged any booking fees. And, unless you need next day delivery, you won't be charged for the delivery of your ticket either.
and I have never been charged for 1st class delivery on the site.
# 9
MillionKisses
Old 04-08-2011, 1:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Daisy Bell, yes that's correct. It does seem a waste though doesn't it to lose about 6 worth of points til next mailing? I'm saving mine for next time-hopefully more Xmas type products available
# 10
Any
Old 04-08-2011, 3:39 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I am getting more and more disappointed with Airmiles... I changed a lot at the special offer and now cannot spend them as they stopped flying to many places..
And the newish 50 miles for 2.50 is just ridiculous!! That means that going to zone 2 from anywhere but London you need 100 in Tesco vouchers, when you would be better off spending 100 in store and get Jet2 flights for less!!!:-)))
# 11
Daisy Bell
Old 04-08-2011, 4:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionKisses View Post
Daisy Bell, yes that's correct. It does seem a waste though doesn't it to lose about 6 worth of points til next mailing? I'm saving mine for next time-hopefully more Xmas type products available
Well it's the first time I've ever exchanged all of my vouchers in the Voucher Exchange. In the past, there has only ever been one category of any use to me and that was the dog food & accessories one and I could hardly spend the lot on a year's supply of dog food could I? This time I could spend them in three categories -Tesco Finest Foods, Skincare & Cosmetics and dog food! Dividing them all up into sections. I didn't mind the 6 being carried over at all; I reckon I still got a good deal, considering I thought I could only have 5 on each voucher to double up! I went and spent the skincare and dog food vouchers this afternoon!

# 12
MillionKisses
Old 04-08-2011, 7:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

A lot of people aren't too impressed with the latest Clubcard Exchange. I suppose we tend to forget that the usual offers, clothing, toys etc aren't what everyone wants. I'm glad you got something useful this time Daisy Bell.
The Following User Says Thank You to MillionKisses For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Guenevere
Old 08-08-2011, 3:57 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Tesco Vouchers

I for one am very happy - I redeemed 40 of Tesco vouchers and got a 120 e-voucher for train tickets with Red Spotted Hanky. So a big THANK YOU for publishing your Top 10 Tesco Voucher Awards as I didn't know about that one and I was just about buy the tickets for 118!!

# 14
maginot
Old 08-08-2011, 4:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any View Post
I am getting more and more disappointed with Airmiles... I changed a lot at the special offer and now cannot spend them as they stopped flying to many places..
And the newish 50 miles for 2.50 is just ridiculous!! That means that going to zone 2 from anywhere but London you need 100 in Tesco vouchers, when you would be better off spending 100 in store and get Jet2 flights for less!!!:-)))
I agree with airmiles being rubbish, hotels, flights, euro tunnel are all really difficult to book on dates you want and then offer silly prices if you can get a date. They wanted 3000 miles and 140 for 2 tickets to Paris, instead paid 70 for ferry!
The Following User Says Thank You to maginot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Lorganz
Old 31-08-2011, 5:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unhappy Fine Foods

Hi, what exactly does Tesco mean by "fine foods". Does it cover
the food section or just certain foods??
# 16
Daisy Bell
Old 31-08-2011, 6:46 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorganz View Post
Hi, what exactly does Tesco mean by "fine foods". Does it cover the food section or just certain foods??
It means Tesco's own 'Finest' Brand - most of which foods in my opinion are far superior to most of the established so-called 'Brands'!

The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy Bell For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Lorganz
Old 31-08-2011, 7:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Fine foods !!!

Hi, what exactly does Tesco mean by "fine foods". Does it cover
the food section or just certain foods??
# 18
sebastapol
Old 14-09-2011, 12:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Using my vouchers which had sat unused for a couple of years or maybe a bit more, I ended up being able to buy outright a diamond ring for my wife to replace her engagement ring which lost its tiny stone. A 350 ring for basically no work?
# 19
lclark
Old 28-09-2011, 5:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Best use of clubcard vouchers for those living in NI?

I ususally use my clubcard vouchers to buy RAC breakdown cover through the Tesco Deals. However this year I have free breakdown cover with my car insurance so I wondered what is the next best use of my clubcard vouchers.

Most of the top 10 deals are for things in England/Scotland/Wales and I don't want to buy something that I wouldn't be buying anyway (like the magazine subscriptions) as that would mean I wasn't making a saving.

Any suggestions? A friend in work has advised that the train ticket vouchers are valid for buying tickets on northern ireland's train service - translink. However, a return train to Belfast from my house is only 3.40 and I don't have cause to get the train very often (just at weekends ;-) - I cannot get to work by train or bus unfortunately). I have quite a lot of vouchers built up so train tickets alone aren't going to use them very quickly.
# 20
BobbinAlong
Old 28-09-2011, 7:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

My last three big holidays have been crossing with Eurotunnel wholly paid by Tesco rewards. Last year we took the car and camped for a fortnight plus, down to the Med and back seeing family over there. This year we've replaced the old camper van and just come back from France and Germany. Brilliant.
It pays to pick the cheaper crossings in a day also.
And why do they charge more for a Camper than a Van when it's exactly the same vehicle e.g. a VW T4???