PPI and Claims Advisory Group...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Janeapp wrote: »
    I told them I didnt want to go any further with other claims as there was no point as the money was quite clearly for them not for me, but they said I would incur a cancellation fee so hey ho they are going to get all the money I paid on miss sold PPI. !!!!!!
    You need to calculate whether you would be better off paying the cancellation fee or gambling that your remaining PPI complaint will cost you less money.
  • got_no_brakes
    Options
    I too are having trouble with these "people" they checked out PPI mortgage claim last year along with credit cards got paid out on cards but they said on the phone that there was NO PPI on mortgage & would close their case end of story i thought,end of Jan 2013 phone calls started again saying they were contacting mortgage broker once again to which i said no i dont wish to take it any further.then past month iv been bomb barded with phone calls regarding this to which iv said time aftertime no dont carry on.now i have recieved a letter from them saying i have to pay £1695.00 for cancelling but if a claim within 14days comes back they still want 39%. i am sure i have signed forms for them to look into this but my ex-wife who's name was also on the mortgage has not done so..... where do i stand?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    Options
    She isn't bound by your contract withthem unless she signs it too.
    You will have to pay them to cancel but the MoJ says it has to be a 'reasonable' fee, and that amount above is not in my opinion reasonable unless it refers to a successful complaint.
    Your contract probably says they can represent you in any complaint, which is why they are bombarding you for information. They want their piece of flesh.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    She isn't bound by your contract withthem unless she signs it too.

And, of course, if the broker is on the ball they will realise that the complaint cannot be pursued without the ex-wife's signature - an argument FOS would also accept.
    You will have to pay them to cancel but the MoJ says it has to be a 'reasonable' fee, and that amount above is not in my opinion reasonable unless it refers to a successful complaint.
    I agree with that.
    Your contract probably says they can represent you in any complaint, which is why they are bombarding you for information. They want their piece of flesh.
    My inclination would be to tell them to go ahead for now. Hopefully the broker will reject the complaint on the grounds I have given.
  • Danielle2014
    Options
    I have been contacted by this company & they have sent me forms to sign & return. I have not signed anything yet & don't wish to proceed with them after reading this forum. If I have not signed or returned any documents to them have I entered a 'contract' by just talking to them over the phone? Worried now so any advice would be most welcome.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    I have been contacted by this company & they have sent me forms to sign & return. I have not signed anything yet & don't wish to proceed with them after reading this forum. If I have not signed or returned any documents to them have I entered a 'contract' by just talking to them over the phone? Worried now so any advice would be most welcome.
    They will be hard pressed to prove you have. And without the forms they cannot submit a claim to anybody because they have no proof that you have authorised them to.
  • noitall
    noitall Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 23 April 2014 at 3:54PM
    Options
    Hi guys ,

I just thought I would mention a few things as people who have had the bad luck of crossing them in regards to claiming ppi through cag.

FOR PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY HAD YOUR CREDITORS DETAILS AND SAID THEM TO YOU IN THE PHONE CALL IT PROBABLY IS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING (in some cases more then one)

1.Well cag is almost a sister company to a debt management company called BainesandErnest so for those of you who are confused about how they acquired your personal information it might be because either in the past or present you have dealt with BAINESANDERNST .

2. They also use an assumptive pitch most of the high hitting sales agents in the call center (who do all the cold calling) are using openings on a phone call with a statement like this .

" sir/madam we believe you have had a loan out in the past x amount of years"

3.Some of the company's who may have lent you the money have been selling YOUR data (your details) for huge amount of cash. Creating a bidding frenzy between PPI claim company's . Some of your ex or even current creditors made ALLOT of money selling your details .

Another thing I wanted to say to those who don't want to pay it :

You are running the chance of accumulating an interest rate on the amount owe to them . Its in the T&C's so PLEASE PEOPLE BE CAREFUL .

My personal opinion on the bigger picture:

I use to be a top seller in their call center and I know this much that what they are doing is creating jobs for people and giving people the opportunity in a very tough climate where competition is high and strong so people please understand that although its a bad thing or scam to you , please think about how your helping the economy that's in a very difficult state .

Thanks for reading and please with my kindest regards if you are not happy with the fee's well tough luck because you should have payed closer attention:

IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE , IT USUALLY IS !!!!!!!!!!!
    :A
  • noitall
    edited 23 April 2014 at 4:14PM
    Options
    Good for you .

:j
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    Options
    So are you suggesting that people actually use these companies to keep people in work when they are spamming/cold calling and outright lying to people?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • noitall
    edited 8 May 2014 at 1:25PM
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    So are you suggesting that people actually use these companies to keep people in work when they are spamming/cold calling and outright lying to people?

From my experience there's no lying involved , claims advisory group is regulated by the Ministry Of Justice and by the regulations set , they must be completely transparent . If they were not, they would have been shut down years ago.

Claims Advisory Group record every call and they read a mandatory statement which mentions the fees . Also there's a validation process where a manager comes to the phone and reads it to them to ensure the pack being sent out is legitimate and that the customer has not been lied to . And if you haven't noticed most of the people complaining on this forum should have payed more attention on call because the fees are generally mentioned more then two times on a call . If the agent did not mention them then the quality control department will flag them and they would either be led through a disciplinary system or stripped of there bonus/commissions.

Claims Advisory Group is regulated by the Ministry Of Justice and if you have any problems, report it to them . if you really want to make an impact to their trade then that would be your best bet.But honestly CAG have recorded every call and they would not send a pack to a person who did not agree on the call that they fully understood as even a 3rd person reads the validations statement which mentions all the terms and conditions .

The people who are complaining must have been really ignorant and if they didn't hear the fees on the call then maybe the agent did lie , and if they truly believe the agent lied then contact cag first then follow the procedure and write a letter to the Ministry Of Justice . But to be quite honest CAG's quality department is fairly competent and you'll more then likely be proved wrong .

If CAG were really doing such a bad job i would have expected hundreds of people on this forum which is clearly not the case . Which proves my last point there always a handful of people who will complain . which is the case with most services , there always a few complainers in every trade and service .

If you need anymore info about who runs cag , how their infrastructure works or the names of the directors do message me . I will be glad to assist you .

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport