Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Benefits & Tax Credits > Child Support > CSA1 Case closed for 5yrs but now REOPENED! (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
CSA1 Case closed for 5yrs but now REOPENED!
Closed Thread
Views: 7,422
# 1
infant2801
Old 01-04-2011, 11:54 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default CSA1 Case closed for 5yrs but now REOPENED!

I am in total shock, please help...and I ask can the CSA reopen my old case?

I had an incling that the PWC was going to open a case with the CSA before the child was born.

Knowing this I sold my house and purchased a different one with my longterm partner, to give me high housing costs before the child was born and the mother could open a case against me.

The CSA made contact as I expected and an assessment was made!

I will admit I did not want to pay the amount stated but had to.

After the assessment was all done and out of the way I persuaded my partner to sell her house and move in with me. We used the sale of her property to pay off nearly all of the mortgage on our new home.

My concern is that the CSA never included my partner in the assessment, my housing costs were down 500pm when we paid the mortgage off and the CSA never carried out a reassessment for 6 years. I paid what they asked always.

After 6yrs they started asking for partner details, (partner did not know anything about this child), so I rented a flat and give them the new rented details and said I live there.

They started asking about my property and my partner (I had now explained everthing to her) and we decided to remove my name from the deeds and leeave hers only then inform CSA I had gone back to my homeland.

It worked out better than we expected the CSA closed the case down. Maintenance no longer in force were the actual words used.

After all these years they have sent a letter to our house asking for details of proof of actual residence and that they are looking into reassessing the case for the whole period to include my partner!

Please help, can they do this?

We were both full time employed, no children and our joint income was 3200 net pm. The CSA were allowing me housing costs of 734pm, do you know how much I should have been paying?

# 2
mumps
Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I don't know much about CSA but I imagine you owe alot of money and will have to pay it all, and quite right too your child is entitled to support from you. From your point of view I would worry more about the fact you have lied, not sure if their are legal comebacks on this. It looks quite fraudulent to me. I think someone who knows more about CSA will be along with accurate advice.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mumps For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
charlieismydarling
Old 01-04-2011, 1:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

It would be hard to calculate how much the csa will asses you owe as you have told lies and wilfully deceived them and it would prove time consuming and complex to pick through the web you have woven in order to avoid paying for your child.

Who knows? I hope they take you to the cleaners and more. Despicable.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to charlieismydarling For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
DX2
Old 01-04-2011, 1:37 PM

Karma!

People like the OP are the one's who give every NRP a bad name.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DX2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
DUTR
Old 01-04-2011, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX2 View Post
Karma!

People like the OP are the one's who give every NRP a bad name.
You mean we have a bad name?
I think the original post is an April fool test gone wrong
Too may things don't add up , like the letter of intent on what they are going to do
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DUTR For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
sjc3
Old 01-04-2011, 2:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

This has got to be an april fool, nobody is that stupid
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjc3 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
DX2
Old 01-04-2011, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc3 View Post
You would be surprised what length some people go to to avoid paying child support
It never even crossed my mind that it might be an April's fool as you hear/read so many far fetched stories on MSE, sometimes it's hard to believe what is real and what isn't real.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
DUTR
Old 01-04-2011, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX2 View Post
You would be surprised what length some people go to to avoid paying child support
It never even crossed my mind that it might be an April's fool as you hear/read so many far fetched stories on MSE, sometimes it's hard to believe what is real and what isn't real.
Thankfully the only place I know where such people will go to such great lengths is on MSE
Whilst I know folk who are customers to the CSA from both sides of the fence, the episodes seem to run quite smoothly, could be just the circles I associate with
# 9
infant2801
Old 01-04-2011, 7:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumps View Post
I don't know much about CSA but I imagine you owe alot of money and will have to pay it all, and quite right too your child is entitled to support from you. From your point of view I would worry more about the fact you have lied, not sure if their are legal comebacks on this. It looks quite fraudulent to me. I think someone who knows more about CSA will be along with accurate advice.
But how can you say that - I paid EVERY penny for six years that they asked for, 12% of my then wages.

I never lied, I gave them my details for my new address including housing costs 734pm they allowed, my wages of 423.00pw net...they never asked of my partner details -so I never had to include.

It was AFTER the 1st and only assessment was made and sorted out,... the PWC had her money she was after and my partner sold her property to pay off our mortgage.

CSA do not ask NRP to provide any changes apart from new additions to the family or children leaving the family...we never had children.

I've always paid what was due totalling over 25,000 until THEY said maintenance no longer in force, I was not even expecting that myself.
# 10
DUTR
Old 01-04-2011, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infant2801 View Post
But how can you say that - I paid EVERY penny for six years that they asked for, 12% of my then wages.

I never lied, I gave them my details for my new address including housing costs 734pm they allowed, my wages of 423.00pw net...they never asked of my partner details -so I never had to include.

It was AFTER the 1st and only assessment was made and sorted out,... the PWC had her money she was after and my partner sold her property to pay off our mortgage.

CSA do not ask NRP to provide any changes apart from new additions to the family or children leaving the family...we never had children.

I've always paid what was due totalling over 25,000 until THEY said maintenance no longer in force, I was not even expecting that myself.
So it looks like your devious scheme never worked, how old is the child and when was the case opened?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DUTR For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
mumps
Old 01-04-2011, 8:53 PM

Quote:

After 6yrs they started asking for partner details, (partner did not know anything about this child), so I rented a flat and give them the new rented details and said I live there.

They started asking about my property and my partner (I had now explained everthing to her) and we decided to remove my name from the deeds and leeave hers only then inform CSA I had gone back to my homeland.

It worked out better than we expected the CSA closed the case down. Maintenance no longer in force were the actual words used.

How can I say that, look at what you have said above, you said you lived at another address, you informed CSA you had gone back to your homeland. Was this true, the way I read it you were trying to get out of paying. You say it worked out better than expected so this makes it sound like you were trying lying to get out of paying. If you did lie you deserve what you get, which hopefully will be a big bill.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mumps For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
infant2801
Old 01-04-2011, 9:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumps View Post
How can I say that, look at what you have said above, you said you lived at another address, you informed CSA you had gone back to your homeland. Was this true, the way I read it you were trying to get out of paying. You say it worked out better than expected so this makes it sound like you were trying lying to get out of paying. If you did lie you deserve what you get, which hopefully will be a big bill.
Of course I said I was living elsewhere, I had paid every penny due, actually I have just worked it out to be 15.5% and not what i said previously.

I paid this and nearly 6 years later (March 2006) I was asked for a reassessment. I give them my wage slips and a new address and they allowed housing costs of 92.00pw, and assessed me at 150.00pw as yes my weekly net was now 700pw!!!

I PAID THIS FOR OVER ONE YEAR until THEY closed the case.

Imagine what it would have been if I had given my partners' details, why should I give details of our home, how much do I have to pay?......who do you know pays that amount? Did you give your home value to be added to the maintenance assessment?

It also gets worse than this I've just heard today as the PWC also had a child to different NRP and when she become 16yrs(and new/my child only 3yrs) - the child carer allowance and family premium should have been paid in full by me, but they never amended.

It is not my fault they never asked me to reassess, otherwise I would have and paid what I was legally made to.
# 13
infant2801
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc3 View Post
Why was I stupid?

I paid 300 every month throughout the case until they carried out 1st and only reassessment and then it was 150.00pw.

The CSA cannot reassess over a 6 year period, if no one asked for one, especially if the case has been closed for years.

I done everything above board and was advised I could get out of it by taking my name from the deeds of my property, then CSA would declare me non UK resident, which they did and now they are changing their mind all these years later.
# 14
AnxiousMum
Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 PM

Loser....you went to all those lengths, told all those lies, created all that deception - to what......get lower assessments for YOUR child? I hope your child hasn't inherited your deviant genes.
Many people are going to be hit up for costs of getting a CSA assessment in the future - as it's apparently costing too much to run the 'service'. I guess it's people like you that they can thank......You have mentioned in several areas of your first post the number of lies you told, the financial moves you made in order to evade supporting your child according to your real income. Now it's come back to bite you in the !!! and you're wondering if it is fair?
I'm thinking more along the lines of this isn't an April fool's joke......more of a fool of a parent this poor child has.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnxiousMum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
kelloggs36
Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:

I never lied, I gave them my details for my new address including housing costs 734pm they allowed, my wages of 423.00pw net...they never asked of my partner details -so I never had to include. if you read any of the forms you would have completed, it did indeed ask of your partner's details - if you chose not to include them then you lied. The questions were quite clear as it gave half a page per question for your partner's details.

Either you are a devious liar, or you are stupid!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kelloggs36 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
DUTR
Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggs36 View Post
I reckon both
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DUTR For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
infant2801
Old 02-04-2011, 5:52 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggs36 View Post
I've been up all night worried about this, I was only asking for anybodys advice/help. I've paid more in 6yrs than most fathers pay in a lifetime and I'm being treated like a deadbeat.

No, I was'nt being devious on purpose it was more shock. I nearly had a heart attack when she told me she was pregnant. I had to admit to her I already had a partner and could'nt be with her and child, thats when she threatened she would go to the CSA.

That's when I knew I had to sell my house, a house I had lived very happily as a single man, hardly any mortgage after completing my 22yrs army service (they even included my pension).

Now they are trying to say that was not allowed under old rules, taking out a higer mortgage within 9 mths of the childs birth, I can't find any info on that.

Can you imagine the worry I had, waiting for years incase my partner found out, I even had the CSA dealing through my work address. Its all through those stupid social networking sites that the PWC found her.

Kellogs: I never lied on any forms, when the 1st and only assessment was made I WAS NOT officially living with my partner. I waited a couple of months after the childs birth, CSA done assessment and THEN my partner sold her property and moved in.

Thats the grounds I am fighting it on, I didn't lie, so they can't do that, can they?
# 18
Bloomin Freezing2
Old 02-04-2011, 6:43 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Since when have the csa allowed 'housing costs'? or any other costs for that matter?
# 19
DX2
Old 02-04-2011, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomin Freezing2 View Post
Since when have the csa allowed 'housing costs'? or any other costs for that matter?
On CSA1................
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
DX2
Old 02-04-2011, 8:16 AM

Quote:
I've been up all night worried about this, I was only asking for anybodys advice/help. I've paid more in 6yrs than most fathers pay in a lifetime and I'm being treated like a deadbeat.

No, I was'nt being devious on purpose it was more shock. I nearly had a heart attack when she told me she was pregnant. I had to admit to her I already had a partner and could'nt be with her and child, thats when she threatened she would go to the CSA.

That's when I knew I had to sell my house, a house I had lived very happily as a single man, hardly any mortgage after completing my 22yrs army service (they even included my pension).

Now they are trying to say that was not allowed under old rules, taking out a higer mortgage within 9 mths of the childs birth, I can't find any info on that.

Can you imagine the worry I had, waiting for years incase my partner found out, I even had the CSA dealing through my work address. Its all through those stupid social networking sites that the PWC found her.

Kellogs: I never lied on any forms, when the 1st and only assessment was made I WAS NOT officially living with my partner. I waited a couple of months after the childs birth, CSA done assessment and THEN my partner sold her property and moved in.

Thats the grounds I am fighting it on, I didn't lie, so they can't do that, can they?
You really can't see the lies can you? Even your few posts here contradict each other You feel awful because you have been CAUGHT! and now the brown stuff is really going to hit the fan.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DX2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread