Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Budgeting & Bank Accounts > Anyone else having problems with Barclays online ... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Anyone else having problems with Barclays online banking this morning?
Views: 22,673
# 1
poppie123
Old 19-02-2011, 8:38 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Anyone else having problems with Barclays online banking this morning?

5 times now this morning i have tried to transfer money from my current account to my savings account.

I can sign in ok and it shows both my accounts fine on the at a glance page, but when i click on my main account or go to view statements i get the following message and it must automatically log me out.

5 sorry online banking is currently unavailable

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems viewing their accounts/statements today?
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poppie123 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
wibblehead
Old 19-02-2011, 9:38 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Yup - can't even get in to view my accounts and I need to transfer some money! :-( I get the same message when I try to login.

Just rang the helpline & yes some customers are experiencing problems - please try to login again later!

Last edited by wibblehead; 19-02-2011 at 9:42 AM.
# 3
poppie123
Old 19-02-2011, 9:48 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I'm glad i am not alone then.

I think it has a mind of it's own today. I tried to log in again a while ago and it wouldn't even let me do that, like yourself i got the message before i could even log in.
Tried again straight away and it let me log in ok to view accounts but then as soon as i clicked on my main account i got the red online banking unavailable message.

Think i will leave it until this evening before i try again.
# 4
misterg1970
Old 19-02-2011, 10:02 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I've emailed them asking why this information about it being down isn't on the front page of the site. It lets me enter all log in details before getting to the same message you've had.
# 5
leoninelives
Old 02-03-2011, 7:49 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Question

Is Barclays offline again this morning? I'm having trouble logging in again today!
The Following User Says Thank You to leoninelives For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
blueberrypie
Old 02-03-2011, 8:00 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

No problems here.
# 7
themobileguru
Old 27-05-2011, 10:29 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Barclays Online Banking is offline again this morning

I have just spent 30 minutes trying to access my account and get the same message as the earlier postings.

Rand the call centre and got dumped off that too with a curt 'we are having some problems please call back later'

Anyone else with the same issues?
# 8
joolsybools
Old 27-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I can't get into my online banking with Barclays this morning. It logs me in so I get the summary screen but as soon as I go into the account details it says there is a problem.
# 9
veggieblob
Old 27-05-2011, 12:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by themobileguru View Post
I have just spent 30 minutes trying to access my account and get the same message as the earlier postings.

Rand the call centre and got dumped off that too with a curt 'we are having some problems please call back later'

Anyone else with the same issues?
I'm having the same problem
# 10
parajba
Old 29-07-2011, 10:26 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Really crap service. I keep getting time-out errors due to inactivity (for more than 10 minutes it says), just after I logged on - or, better, just after I entered my pin and password. This service is really cheap isn't it? It happens once a week, it's been a few months already.
What's happening at Barclays? The offshoring division not functioning properly???
The Following User Says Thank You to parajba For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
House owner
Old 29-07-2011, 10:44 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I am having problems too - don't bother ringing the help line, you get an overseas call centre and the staff seem to have trouble understanding English
# 12
lowvisionsupplies
Old 29-07-2011, 3:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down On line service is appauling

I have been trying for 4 hours to make a few payments from my business account. I too keep getting kicked out saying that I have been inactive for 10 minutes just after I log in. It is rubbish!
# 13
mluton
Old 29-07-2011, 3:50 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

It was very slow for me, but I'm able to get on.
# 14
pmduk
Old 29-07-2011, 4:36 PM

I can't log in to phone banking either.
# 15
parajba
Old 29-07-2011, 4:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

This is absolutely unacceptable! I thought I was the only one having problems, or that perhaps was the server at work / network etc. But I know realised it's the Barclays online portal then!
This is not the first time that it happens, it happened already SEVERAL times i.e. 7 or 8 in recent months. I tried since this morning and I still can't log on. It is no 5pm. This is serious DOWNTIME for a business.

Time to switch to a better bank for me, enough of this RUBBISH.

And yep, don't bother calling the customer service as they don't really speak English. You will get even angrier
# 16
tesuhoha
Old 29-07-2011, 7:23 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Fixed now.
The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

The best kept secret is an open secret.
# 17
pelirocco
Old 29-07-2011, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowvisionsupplies View Post
I have been trying for 4 hours to make a few payments from my business account. I too keep getting kicked out saying that I have been inactive for 10 minutes just after I log in. It is rubbish!

Same here , although sometimes says Ive been inactive when trying to log in ! and other times that I have pressed the back button . It has happened before , I think its because its the last working day of the month
Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
# 18
sfb350
Old 29-07-2011, 8:24 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I agree - I suspect that it is because it is the last working day of the month AND a Friday.

I don't use Barclays for personal banking but I do for work and have had similar problems in previous months when I've been needing to pay the wages by BACs. This month, as a precaution, I set up the wages payments yesterday to ensure everyone got paid on time! I'm glad I did as I must have tried 30 times to log in, without success. I managed one payment and then got a time-out error. If I hadn't planned ahead, it could have caused problems not just for my employers but for all the staff who have regular payments going out on the 1st of each month.

I really do think it is unacceptable - surely they have the capability to cope with the extra volume of usage on the last working day of any month? It's not as if it is unexpected.

Hazel
# 19
CB1954
Old 30-03-2012, 2:53 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Barclays totally inept

I can't believe they have launched a new website without completely checking it , I have been trying all day to make transfers , access accounts etcThen it took me 22minutes to get through to the call centre only to be told it should be working in an hour , which it isn't
They are also claiming only 10% of customers are affected , although how they are supposed to know that figure when they can"t even sort the problem out makes their claim highly debatable

Whoever is responsible for this debacle and the pathetic response to the problem should lose their job
# 20
Food For Thought
Old 30-03-2012, 5:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

can't log in to Internet Banking and getting no help from Barclays 'help line' they advised me that the best number to ring to deal with the problem of not connecting to the site was 0800 151 617! which is the number for Barclays travel insurance. Come on Barclays get your act together!