July 2012 Brides and Grooms

Options
Lauralou
Lauralou Posts: 983 Forumite
edited 8 January 2012 at 4:32PM in Weddings & anniversaries
BG Insert - Link to updated list here

Hello all!

Thought i would start a thread for July 2012 brides and grooms as its only 1year and 6months away!

Anyone else a July 2012 Bride or Groom?

July 2012 dates:

7th July - AllyLou(IOW)
7th July - chezabelle
7th July - annieNsophie
7th July - July2012
7th July - pbny24
7th July - lizd87(Sussex)
9th July - Dave_J
12th July - MoneySavers
12th July - sweetilemon
14th July - hezza86(glenrothes)
14th July - wanchai
17th July - MrsDrink-Natalie(lincolnshire)
17th July - workinginoz-Mel(Scotland)
19th July - quaveriw-Michelle (IOW)
20th July - crap_with_money.com(laura)
21st July - Lauralou(Dorset)
21st July - littlemisspink(Blackpool)
21st July - Silaqui-Mel(Leicestershire)
21st July - sickasachip13
21st July - jellybean08
27th July - inca(Paphos)
27th July - FutureCooper-Melanie (Stamford, Lincolnshire)
27th July - lovecake-rachel
27th July - maggie_12
28th July - PinkPrincess83-Emma(Hampshire)
28th July - SSAllen (Mansfield)
28th July - tfutcher-Tracey
28th July - Judobird
28th July - rach27184
28th July - The Forgetful One-Jemma(Oxfordshire)
29th July - wxy-Alice
30th July - Crazy Jamie(Cheshire)

28th April - jemb (honorary July bride)

Comments

• PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Me, Im a July 2012 Bride. :j

Im getting married the 28th July and am in Hampshire.
  • Lauralou
    Options
    :janother 2012 bride

What have you done so far?:)
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Not done much really, we have the ceremony booked and the venue for our reception but thats all so far. I have loads of ideas and know mostly what I want but havent got round to actually booking anything else yet.:)

How about you?
  • Lauralou
    Options
    So far only booked the venue.

This month i plan on booking the DJ and photographer. Next month im going to a wedding fayre so im hoping ill get a good deal on a car if i like. Then i think thats the 'big' bits done for a bit!
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Im hoping to go to some wedding fayres over the next month or so- but more to get ideas than actually book things, I just cant decide which fayres to go to! We are on a tight budget so Im not sure how much we will have for a photographer so that may have to wait- Im hoping I can maybe get a good deal from someone starting out or something. I need to look into a dj but need to find someone who will play exactly what we want!

Oh and one thing that is definate is my colour scheme- definately has to be pink!!
  • Lauralou
    Options
    We are spending a more then i wanted to on a photographer but we are having my friends uncle and he is doing us quite a good deal.
    I found a nice DJ again more then i was hoping to pay but i do really like him and we can give him a playlist - i think most do that now.

I do love pink. im either having lilac or purple. My sister (MOH) thinks that purple will make my dress stand out more then lilac so havnt quite decided!
    I told OH that he has to wear a purple cravet, he was not happy:rotfl::rotfl: OH doesnt do 'girly' colours:rotfl:
  • PinkPrincess83
    PinkPrincess83 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2011 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Oh its good though that youve managed to get people that you really like.

I think i just keep thinking I have so much time and its too early- when really it isnt and it will come round quickly. I think another thing is, is that the one thing Im so looking forward to is dress shopping, so maybe once Ive done that ill get myself more organised. I have spent a lot of time googling so I have so many ideas, i guess I should start emailing and getting quotes so then I can allocate my budget a bit better.

Oh purple or lilac will be lovely- I think if I couldnt have pink I would have gone for purple. I think lilac or purple will look lovely- I would say go with whatever you really want. I want like a fushia pink as I do like the fact it will really show up against the ivory and when it comes to pink i think the more pink it is the better!!
  • Lauralou
    Options
    I love fushia pink:DIvory will look lovely next to them.
    Im starting to get really excited about dress shopping. Ive already tried on one dress that im still in love with but feel its too early to buy it. Going dress shopping with my sister and friend (who is also my bridemaid) next month.

I keep thinking that maybe im booking things too early but when ive been to wedding fayres i found most companys were getting bookings for 2012 even 2013 and July is busy months for weddings.
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    I think now we are in 2011 it doesnt seem so far away, so am going to start gradually booking things and getting myself organised.

I have no idea when Ill get my dress, Im hoping one of the local dress shops may have a sale soon- I do like getting a bargain, if not i just hope I can get a nice dress within my small budget! I have no idea what style I want, I look at wedding dresses and seem to love most of them, will be interesting to see what dress I end up with!!

Ive also been getting ideas for my hen night/ weekend!!!:j
  • Lauralou
    Options
    What are your ideas for the hen party? Ive got a few already as well!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure