Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    A. Badger
    Warning - Brew It Yourself (aka The Online Shopping Co)
    • 29th Dec 10, 4:36 PM
    Warning - Brew It Yourself (aka The Online Shopping Co) 29th Dec 10 at 4:36 PM
    Be very careful if you're tempted by the friendly looking website of Southend-based Brew It Yourself (aka the Online shopping Co).

Shortly before Christmas I placed an order with this firm, who duly sent me the wrong goods.

Unfortunately, BIY is one of those up to the minute web businesses that only to wants your money. If things go wrong, they've made it next to impossible to contact them to get redress.

BIY refuse to accept e-mails, claiming they can't cope with the volume of spam they receive. They have an answerphone-only telephone system that doesn't take messages and is proud of it (you get a message telling you to use their website to contact them) and yet the website has no obvious contact mechanism.

In other words, BIY are happy to take you money, but if they get your order wrong, you're stuck.

Fortunately, inside my wrongly packed box was someone else's order - complete with their invoice showing a mobile phone number, which I called.

Enter another equally irate Brew It Yourself customer who had received exactly the same shoddy treatment and was wondering what to do. Mercifully, she had received my order, so we concluded that as it was impossible to get any sense out of these geniuses, we would arrange to meet and swap boxes.

It cost us each a 40 minute drive to meet halfway, but at least she got her order and I got mine.

Brew It Yourself? Seems they couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,292Posts Today

6,708Users online

Martin's Twitter