Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Insurance & Life Assurance > People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...
Views: 64,764
# 1
grenvilledodger
Old 21-12-2010, 2:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...

Just letting you all know of my recent experience with RSA E Choice...

RSA e choice was the cheapest quote on Go Compare. I decided to go with them. After inputting my details and using debit card to pay for the insurance, their website popped up with a message saying "SORRY - WE ARE EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM WITH OUR WEBSITE - PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER". There was no acknowledgement of the transaction going through. Several hours later I repeated the process and this time their website acknowledged the transaction. "GREAT" I thought. The following day, I noticed on my online banking that the original attempt had been successful after all and I had been charged TWICE! I was horrified to see I was £611 out of pocket and as a result left overdrawn right before Xmas. I rang them to try and resolve this and was told "OH WELL I CANT SEE IT ON OUR SYSTEM". I remained calm and agreed to a call back the following day from them. This came and I was informed that the money would be put back into my account. Eight days later I am still waiting for the money to be returned. I have called them back again and they have again promised 3-5 working days. I am still waiting. Up to now this has been a very bad experience. I have also had problems logging into their website several times and received the message SORRY - WE ARE EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM WITH OUR WEBSITE - PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER". This is very very poor for an online car insurance company. I am very worried now and feel I am going to have to fight to get the money back that is owed to me and that was overpaid due to their problematic website...
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
scottkelly1974
Old 23-12-2010, 1:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default RSA Echoices

Hi "grenvilledodger"

I work at gocompare.com and read your post with concern, have you got your refund yet? I'm going to contact RSA direct if you haven't as such a simple request should have been actioned more efficently than it has.
I will also aim to ensure that this experience doesn't happen again.

Please let me know if you need our help in sorting this out,

kind regards

Scott Kelly
The Following User Says Thank You to scottkelly1974 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
dunstonh
Old 23-12-2010, 1:43 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

Quote:
I am very worried now and feel I am going to have to fight to get the money back that is owed to me and that was overpaid due to their problematic website...
You dont need to be worried. Royal Sun Alliance are a massive company and generally have a pretty good reputation.

One of the things you should never do is resubmit if the internet fails you on the payment page after pressing submit. However, many people do. So, its a pretty common error and something they should resolve easily.

Refunds normally take 3-5 days to appear. So, I suggest you now go back to RSA and put in a formal complaint and ask for an inconvenience payment because its put your overdrawn before Christmas. Outline your other problems as well. Chances are you will get the refund quicker than just waiting for the normal call centre to refund it and a goodwill gesture payment of around £100 would not be unexpected.
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
KateRSA
Old 23-12-2010, 5:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi Grenvilledodger,

My name's Kate and I'm replying on behalf of E-Choice. If you are still in need of further information / help or support on this matter please contact E-Choice by phone again on 0844 845885 and we will do our best to assist you.

Many thanks,
RSA
# 5
grenvilledodger
Old 29-12-2010, 11:00 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hello again Kate, it is interesting that you seem to have a membership on all the forums including Bimmerforums.co.uk It makes me wonder whether or not you are employed on a full time basis by RSA e choice to trawl the forums looking for bad publicity on behalf of your employers.. If RSA e choice had put this much effort into returning the money they owe to me then I would not be writing this now.

I have had 4 conversations with your colleagues on the above number. I have been promised 3 times by different people that the money would be returned to my account within 3-5 working days... 22 days later and I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SINGLE PENNY! I have been promised a cheque on the most recent call and told politely that I do not need to keep ringing up...

Sorry Kate, but my experience with RSA has left me disgusted. I am a very reasonable bloke and I have been very very patient. I am sick of being fobbed off by call takers at RSA and I fully intend on sharing my experiences - with as many people as possible. I work very hard for my money and I cannot afford to be put overdrawn due to errors on behalf of RSA's website and then their refusal to help me. A mistake is a mistake and we all know computers can play up. RSA's website has been faulty at best when I have tried to log on. But then to not return my money when the website has caused me to overpay... is frankly shocking. This experience has caused me a great deal of worry over christmas. You can write that RSA will help me, on every forum you see my postings on, but the fact is, at this time, RSA HAVE NOT HELPED ME, NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST - AND I AM OVER £600 OUT OF POCKET! That is the truth of the matter Kate. I will continue to update others so that they do not find themselves in the same boat as me. Thankyou.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grenvilledodger For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
grenvilledodger
Old 29-12-2010, 11:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hello Scott,

Sadly, I have not received a single penny from RSA. I have spoken to staff on 0844 845885 four times now. The first was the same day that I realised what had happened. I was told by the call taker that the problem had been identified and that the money would be returned within 3-5 working days. When this did not materialise, I rang again. I was then told by a different call taker that nothing had been put in place and that arrangements would be made that day. Again, nothing materialised. I made a further call several days after - hoping that the delay was something to do with the festive period. That call taker couldnt find any record and I spoke to him again later that day when he informed me that a cheque would be sent out first class that same day as they couldn't put the money straight back into my account. I have waited for the cheque which has still not come. I appreciate that it is Christmas and there are delays in the post, however, this whole saga has proven very stressful for me and 22 days on from RSA's website malfunction, I am still over £600 out of pocket. I have been told repeatedly that I will get a refund but have not seen any evidence of this. Plenty of excuses however, and reassurance from "Kate" who has appeared on other forums also where I have shared this experience. However, all she has actually done is supply the number I have already called several times and a rather empty promise of help. I am very very disappointed.
# 7
adamc260
Old 29-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Lets hope you don't have to make a claim then if they can't even process a refund =/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adamc260 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
grenvilledodger
Old 29-12-2010, 11:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default absolutely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc260 View Post
Lets hope you don't have to make a claim then if they can't even process a refund =/
I am really very concerned...
# 9
star12345
Old 30-12-2010, 12:07 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Thanks for the tip!

Thanx for the tip grenvilledodger - I am currently searching for car insurance and will avoid this company like the plague! I certainly cannot afford to be charged twice with this amount of money!

Feel sorry for you over christmas aswell! as if it isnt expensive enough! Good luck with getting it back. hope its sooner rather than later.

:-)
The Following User Says Thank You to star12345 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
dunstonh
Old 30-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

Quote:
Thanx for the tip grenvilledodger - I am currently searching for car insurance and will avoid this company like the plague!
creating multiple logins and responding to your own threads isnt going to achieve anything.
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
grenvilledodger
Old 30-12-2010, 12:42 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunstonh View Post
creating multiple logins and responding to your own threads isnt going to achieve anything.
I can assure you that post was nothing to do with me.. If I've helped someone else then thats good enough for me.

To be perfectly honest all I want is my money back and to make others aware of what has happened. I accept that things can go wrong with computers - as has been the case with rsa e choice's website. It is how they deal with the aftermath that is the problem here.

People will make their own decisions and if they choose to go elsewhere that is a matter for themselves.

This website is about saving money. I have not saved money... infact I have paid twice, suffered anxiety, spent a fortune on phone calls and still I am out of pocket...

My message is simple... be aware of what has happened to me if you are considering purchasing with RSA e choice. My saga continues...
# 12
grenvilledodger
Old 30-12-2010, 10:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Just to let everyone know... the cheque arrived at my door today. I am relieved to say the least. I have had to wait over three weeks for a refund...

Thanks to all of those on here who have contributed to this thread. I have found it useful and a problem shared is a problem halved etc .

Thanks again guys...
The Following User Says Thank You to grenvilledodger For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
adamc260
Old 30-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Safe driving lol Think you'll need it =/
The Following User Says Thank You to adamc260 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
grenvilledodger
Old 05-06-2011, 1:32 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Just a quick update on this for the benefit of all car owners on this site...

5 months later and this is what I get every time I try to log on to RSA e choice:-

"Sorry, your policy details are unavailable right now – it may take a short while to update your details on our system. Please try again later."

Just to point out.. I am putting the correct details in etc, ( a different message comes up if you insert wrong email address/password)

I have spoken to them on the phone today and they advised me to reset my password... This has not resolved the matter...

I needed to change my policy details as I am having a private plate put on the car and as a result I have had to do it over the phone incurring a £25 charge (would have been less if I had done it online).

Not even going to try and get the money back... I will just happily pay more to be free of this lot at renewal time...

Cheers guys.. as the title says "BE AWARE!"
The Following User Says Thank You to grenvilledodger For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
catcuddles
Old 06-10-2011, 3:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I'm afraid that this poor service is continuing still.

Unaware of this thread, I logged on to confused.com a couple of days ago to get a competitive car insurance quote. They came up with this company. Upon trying to go to the website though, I kept getting nowhere, the site is not functioning properly.

I tried getting to it via cashback websites as well, all of which have some discount deal with the company, but again, I have been getting the "Problem loading page" error.

I suspect that if RSA echoice are as bad while they are still soliciting my business, they will be even worse once I'm ""in the bag". At that point I did a bit of digging online and came up with this thread, which just confirmed my concerns.

I would therefore agree with the initial post, until Echoice gets its act together, the savings are not worth the frustration and poor service and this company is still one to avoid.

It gets a "BUYER BEWARE" from me too.
# 16
Jan60
Old 23-10-2011, 7:55 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Poor service from rsa e choice

I am very dissatisfied with RSAechoice - and my insurance hasn't even taken effect yet! I decided to change insurer because my renewal quote had gone up considerably, so searched the comparison sites and got the best quote from RSAechoice. I paid one week ago and I still have not been able to log on, in spite of resetting my password. I emailed them to ask why but received a reply telling me to ring them - on a Premium rate number. I tried to find a geographical number on the 'saynoto0870' but found nothing, so I sent them another email requesting an answer by email (as they say they are an Internet company), or a geographical number, or that they should ring me. They did ring, but unfortunately I was out and they left a message telling me ...... to ring them. I sent another email saying I would not use their Premium rate number and repeating what I had already said. I am waiting for an answer (because in spite of their website saying that they operate 24/7, they are only there Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and as they will not communicate by email, it can hardly be called a 24 hour Internet service). I have now decided to use their expensive Premium rate number - to cancel.
# 17
drivingsteve888
Old 01-11-2011, 5:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

i too have got insurance with echoice via moneysupermarket.com and im getting the same problems,not good.
# 18
dollydiva
Old 01-11-2011, 8:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Sack the webmaster, I say.
# 19
dindan1
Old 28-11-2011, 6:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just another warning about RSAechoice I've taken out a motor policy with this company to start in three weeks time.When the certificate of insurance was put on line I found my title for the first time in 77 years had changed from mister to doctor,I phoned them on there premium number only to be told by a very snooty chap it would cost £25 to be put right I declined.Next I sent an email asking could I change it on line for £10 as there site stated and would the premium go up as I was a mister and not a doctor, the reply was I had to use the phone and pay £25 they never mentioned the premium maybe they are saving that to hit me with later.I have since been told with a pull down menu they can sometimes stick and when you go onto the next question if you happen to touch the scroll wheel it can alter what you put on the pull down menu.It looks a good price insurance might be a very expensive insurance so be warned.
# 20
Quentin
Old 28-11-2011, 6:26 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Wouldn't worry about it. There's no law against having your title as "doctor".

Not worth paying them anything to change it! (At least you will know who sold your address on if you start getting junk mail addressed to you as "doctor")