The Great Cheap, Safe Fireworks Hunt

Options

Comments

• DaveEdwards
    Options
    I've already said once in this thread that it isn't that good, the Streetwise box, it looks a lot bigger and better than it actually is.

If I can I will get a photo of it in latifs at some point soon, no promises.
  • neil1
    neil1 Posts: 115 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2009 at 7:53PM
    Options
    ant1979pry wrote: »
    Can anyone give some feedback on the Streetwise box? Have usually gone for a decent combination of barages and rockets from lidl with a few top-ups from Asds and Morrissons but looking around this year I am not so enthusiastic.

The streetwise box looks nice but it's hard to tell from the picture how good it is - any feedback would be great

well when i visited latifs last week i saw the box, must be around 1-3 foot long

i know you get about 3 large backs of rockets and rest barrages and small nigly stuff, but i know for sure il be getting that this year!
    A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy
  • DaveEdwards
    Options
    I've already said once in this thread that it isn't that good, the Streetwise box, it looks a lot bigger and better than it actually is.

If I can I will get a photo of it in latifs at some point soon, no promises.

Mind you, saying that, it is only £40....
  • neil1
    Options
    Mind you, saying that, it is only £40....

yeah just look back on some post when you said it.... i guess it will be ok for the price! considering what we have for options here
  • Dan2310
    Dan2310 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2009 at 8:23PM
    Options
    Lidls cakes may not be so bad.

I'm going to be buying the £5 one tomorrow to add to my collection!

ps.

Neil1 feel free to use my copy of Asda's fireworks leaflet if you need it.

Thanks
  • AnthonyUK
    AnthonyUK Posts: 479 Forumite
    Options
    Dan2310 wrote: »
    Noooooo!

Aldi have lost weco :(

Loved that brand the last few years!

Oh well, think il get the rocket pack, and the £5 selection

Weco were pretty good and had some decent items for the money
  • gwazi999
    gwazi999 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Just been to Latifs to see if they still have their Party time box DaveEdwards I think it was had been watching fo £7 and the site is now temporarily closed. Do you think they have twigged???
  • neil1
    Options
    gwazi999 wrote: »
    Just been to Latifs to see if they still have their Party time box DaveEdwards I think it was had been watching fo £7 and the site is now temporarily closed. Do you think they have twigged???

as i understand, site is down because some links wasn't working! i think they will have it up and running by tonight or tomoz hopefuly
  • DaveEdwards
    DaveEdwards Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2009 at 11:19AM
    Options
    Last night I could still access it via /zen/ but now that has gone to - damn!

I can however confirm that Party Time had been repriced to £250 (and was SOLD OUT) and the Devils Ring 90 Shot Cakes were up to £15, from £7 each.

Haven't noticed anyone post Netto yet, there range can be seen in here: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/4e40e12c#/4e40e12c/1

Dave
  • gwazi999
    Options
    Haven't noticed anyone post Netto yet, there range can be seen in here: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/4e40e12c#/4e40e12c/1

Dave

All the Netto fireworks seem to be the leftovers from Sainsbury's and Tesco last year. I know we bought the Fission cake things and the Rockets were the ones offered with a voucher in the Daily Express last year if anyone remebers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure