🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Great Cheap, Safe Fireworks Hunt

Options

Comments

• DaveEdwards
    Options
    Sorry I missed your link lol Your website is a good idea! :)

Just had an email....
    Dear customer,

Due to a human error, our website was incorrectly placed online whilst still in its beta testing format. The site displayed on Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th October was severely incomplete and not due to go live.

In addition certain lines listed on the test website are either discontinued or out of stock; in particular Party Time, Prince, Princess, Countess and numerous others for which our supplier has no stock in the UK.

As such we are unable to fulfil any orders, and have refunded your money via the PayPal payment system.

Once again, our sincerest apologies.

Kind Regards,

Latifs Web team
  • neil1
    neil1 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options

Just had an email....
    Dear customer,

Due to a human error, our website was incorrectly placed online whilst still in its beta testing format. The site displayed on Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th October was severely incomplete and not due to go live.

In addition certain lines listed on the test website are either discontinued or out of stock; in particular Party Time, Prince, Princess, Countess and numerous others for which our supplier has no stock in the UK.

As such we are unable to fulfil any orders, and have refunded your money via the PayPal payment system.

Kind Regards,

Latifs Web team

cheers :D yeah my website is for easy access to other fireworks websites! and a better understanding on were to buy....

and wat a intresting email....
    A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy
  • gwazi999
    Options
    Is there any of the supermarket fireworks buying this year. They seem a real dross lot overpriced and underwhelming.???? Any help appreciated
  • Dan2310
    Dan2310 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe a barrage pack from Aldi would be good @ £20. Can't reccomend as its new this year, but I will be buying it. Some of Morrisons cakes for £5 each look ok too! Must admit, this seems to be the worst year for supermarket fireworks though!
  • pmhcfc
    pmhcfc Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morrisons offer in detail

(TNT) Sorcerer selection box...On the outside packaging it says '25 Metres Selection Box' ..Inside there are 2 (tiny) wheels, 3 (tiny) rockets, 6 Roman Candles and 15 Fountains....Every single firework in the box states '5 Metre viewing distance' (< So much for the 25 metre it says on the outside)

Of the freebies; The 3 small mines are 5 metre fireworks, 2 emit stars, 1 emits sparks...Time Warp is a 25 metre small RC which ejects stars, the V, small 100 shot 'Nite Theatre' [sic] is of the same ilk, only that ejects whistles and stars, the 8 'Warp Factor' rockets all eject stars and it says '5 metre safety distance' on both the plastic pack and on all the rockets.

So there you have it - No bangs at all, and they reckon these are worth £85?
  • Dan2310
    Dan2310 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    ^ Thanks for that!

Homebase apparently have a selection box on BOGOF @£9.99 including 3 wheels, 13 fountains and 4 roman candles!

Going to have a look at them tomorrow, if they have leaflets I will post!
  • MishterTea
    Options

Just had an email....
    Dear customer,

Kind Regards,

Latifs Web team

Have you received your refund yet? I had the same e-mail but haven't had a refund appear in my PayPal account yet..
    Coder/techie/business owner, father, thrifty, chilli-mad, drink-lover & tad OCD.
  • LizzieS_2
    LizzieS_2 Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    Options
    True MSE style is to sit near a window where you will see how plenty of other people habe let their money go on pretty patterns in the night sky = cost nil, enjoyment to children just the same, enjoyment to adults greater as it is warmer indoors.
  • DaveEdwards
    Options
    MishterTea wrote: »
    Have you received your refund yet? I had the same e-mail but haven't had a refund appear in my PayPal account yet..

No, same situation here. Spoke to Maroof (who sent the email) on the phone earler and he said he was sorting it out. Will call him back tomorrow and tell him I haven't had any refund and others also.

I can provide you with Latifs phone number (landline) and his extension number if you wish.
  • Welsh_Jester
    Options
    Looks like i got lucky last year with the Liquid Gold rocket pack, cant see any similar ones anywhere and the others are way more expensive, SFX rockets look decent for the price.

Anyway i got 2 colour explosion barrages from Lidl, and going to get the barrage pack of 9 for £20 at aldi.. if each barrage lasts around 20 seconds they would be good value.

Also the rocket pack of 16 for £9.99 seems good for what you get, more like internet prices. Aldi seems to have the better value for what you get, from what i can see at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport