Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    GhostHunter
    Bottle top & other convert to cah scemes?
    • 24th Aug 06, 12:04 PM
    Bottle top & other convert to cah scemes? 24th Aug 06 at 12:04 PM
    Hello

Not sure if this is the right place?

I am looking for places that appeal for items such as bottle tops (mainly plastic) and other recyclable bits that the charity can convert to cash for fundraising.

There used to be a scheme near me that did this with plastic bottle tops but I recently went to drop off my carrier bag full to find they have stopped collecting them.

Naturally I dont just want to waste an opportunity by throwing them away as we do seem to collect quite a few in a week and I now find I automatically put it in the collection cup instead of the bin when the bottles are empty.

Our local council has supplied us with a green recycle bin which we manage to fill within 24 hrs of them emptying it (we are desparate for another 1 at least!) and the rest ends up in carrier bags which they wont take as extra so we take them to the supermarket and use the recycle units there or at the park when we walk the dog.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Deborah; 09-09-2008 at 7:36 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

510Posts Today

3,936Users online

Martin's Twitter